GDT: Chicago @ Buffalo; 7:00 pm EST

WildCard

I'm regretting giving up alcohol for Lent.  I haven't looked forward to Easter this much since I was a kid.  Imagine going through the last couple of months sober.  It ain't pretty.

Good for you gutting it out.  Maybe Sainthood is in your future?

I'm regretting giving up alcohol for Lent.  I haven't looked forward to Easter this much since I was a kid.  Imagine going through the last couple of months sober.  It ain't pretty.

I've found myself drinking during every game these past few weeks. That was never the case before.

I was always told lent eneded at 3:00 on Good Friday. Thank you sisters. Edited by 3putt

Bogo, Deslauriers, Foligno, Risto, Larsson, hell even Ennis. 

Post-deadline, pieces are looking like men.

How did Bogosian not get a star? He was a force on the ice tonight.

The never say die attitude that these players are showing up to the rink with every night is really going to carry this franchise going forward. It's been a real joy to watch.

Larsson has been a huge surprise. Not too long ago I was ready to toss him on the scrap heap, if this kid has turned the corner than the Sabres have a real find in this kid. I hope he and the others you mentioned keep their heads up and effort strong til the final horn of the final period.

I really wanted the W. I feel bad for the sabres. Every game is an away game. That really sucks for them. I want Mc Eichel just as much as anyone but not this horrible way. Sad state of affairs.

Either you want McEichel or the W. At this point there are no style points. Besides you wanged GMTM fired.

can't convince me that there was that many hawks fans at the game, cheering for hawks scores is in a word disgusting , as for the Sabres, much respect for the effort tonight, final score did not reflect the total team effort to win the game

Upthread I mentioned how many 'hawks fans I saw walking around before the game.  Again where were these bandwagonners 8 years ago?

can't convince me that there was that many hawks fans at the game, cheering for hawks scores is in a word disgusting , as for the Sabres, much respect for the effort tonight, final score did not reflect the total team effort to win the game

They just said the crowd was at least 60% Hawks fans. I tend to agree with what I saw on TV.

That was about the best game a Sabres fan could hope for. We show flashes of brilliance, play tough but manage to lose anyway.  In any other year I'd be suicidal after a finish like this, but today I'm drinking a toast.

You have been most agreeable lately.

That was about the best game a Sabres fan could hope for. We show flashes of brilliance, play tough but manage to lose anyway.  In any other year I'd be suicidal after a finish like this, but today I'm drinking a toast.

My vote for Post of the Night.

Yeah, and supposedly Sundays are a respite from Lent too.  But when I do it I'm all in:  Not a drop since Fat Tuesday until Easter..

I think I should do a novena to you, Although praying to Neuvirth's glove sounds sacrilegious.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.