GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo; 7:30m pm EST

WildCard

No they're not. They're saying they will. Big difference. Everyone will get sucked back in because of the waiting list.

I agree 11, no hurt in the ticket department...and I like everyone else on here will be rooting like crazy for them to win, and win big next year, no matter who is on the team...front vs back ya know?

And I think that is why so many of us a little fired up , the STH and loyal fans like yourself(99% of crowd at non Canadian games) continue to support these guys, but at least the optics point to them wanting to "stick" it to the fans.

I am not a STH, but that would bother me a bit, and I think it should bother them too.

Edited by plenzmd1

Well, I can tell you that I'm renewing regardless of where they finish this year, so that's one person.  There still is a waiting list, because people don't call to be removed from a waiting list that they paid $50 to get on.  And 95% of the people who say they're done with this team if it doesn't finish last will be back next year.

Why don't we give it a rest until you actually cancel your tickets for next year?  Bet you won't.

Always want to fly over and catch a live game once, well i'd make a 3 week trip out of it to, but doubt i'd be able to score any tickets :p

You better have a shitload of wood then because you're in the minority.

Lol, there was a waiting list. It has dwindled big time the last few weeks.

Does anyone read any other Sabre sites? Fans are pissed and there will not be as many seasons sold unless they get a first two pick. That I believe in. Us fans are pissed.

Waiting list for Sabres tickets??? Lmfao, no way is there a waiting list right now. Maybe if they get a top two, but right now that is total PR ######. I know more people ready to give up seasons than ones to buy them. I don't know anyone reday to spend coin on garbage team.

2015-04-02.jpg

I agree 11, no hurt in the ticket department...and I like everyone else on here will be rooting like crazy for them to win, and win big next year, no matter who is on the team...front vs back ya know?

And I think that is why so many of us a little fired up , the STH and loyal fans like yourself(99% of crowd at non Canadian games) continue to support these guys,many at least the optics point to them wanting to "stick" it to the fans.

I am not a STH, but that would bother me a bit, and I think it should bother them too.

I am a season ticket holder, and I don't care that half a dozen guys that I don't want on my team are leading a charge to stick it to the fans. Zemgus, Risto, Moulson, Gorges, Zadarov, Ennis, Kane, Bogo, even the Captain. None of these guys are mouthing off to the media. They respect that the fans are in a tough spot. Weber will be a great AHLer some day.

Yeah, but they are all republicans democrats who said they were moving to France Canada if Obama Bush won.

Not trying to turn it political, but considering most sth'ers live in WNY the odds are greater that they're registered w/ a d by their name rather than an r. ;)

:)

Not trying to turn it political, but considering most sth'ers live in WNY the odds are greater that they're registered w/ a d by their name rather than an r. ;)

:)

No, I was going to move to Canada, not France (although, I think it's called Freedom now). The legal gay marriage, gun laws, and socialized medicine made it seem like a good fit. Not sure why the Rs wanted to move there…

Gawd I f'n hate this season.

That you think the players are suddenly "playing harder" shows that you aren't paying attention. It's not that they are "playing harder" it's that they haven't quit like so many "fans" have.

The only difference I saw in the past two games is,… wait for it,… they played Arizona and Toronto.

I like these posts.

30th for Eichel, 29th for McDavid.

Believe.

I like these posts.

30th for Eichel, 29th for McDavid.

Believe.

I don't know how I missed Swamp's post, but yes, exactly that. It's an amazing coincidence that this new found "motivation" manifested itself against Arizona and Toronto, two teams about as bad as us, but nobody mentions getting smoked by Colorado, which is far from a world beater. Let's see what happens against the better teams the rest of the way before crediting the "us against the world" mentality.

I don't know how I missed Swamp's post, but yes, exactly that. It's an amazing coincidence that this new found "motivation" manifested itself against Arizona and Toronto, two teams about as bad as us, but nobody mentions getting smoked by Colorado, which is far from a world beater. Let's see what happens against the better teams the rest of the way before crediting the "us against the world" mentality.

I think they outplayed Colorado though...

I'll finish your thought for you. You think that since you've "suffered" longer than me and spent more money than me that you're entitled to seeing the Sabres give you a Stanley Cup before you die, because if they don't then what was it all for?

What was it all for Rayzer?

No idea why you keep using the word "entitled."  Is anyone saying we are "owed" this or we "deserve" this?  I haven't but I also haven't been looking for that.  

All I'm seeing are fans that have been frustrated for years, sometimes decades, who want to see light at the end of the tunnel.  That's not an "entitlement" attitude.

Well as far as the game goes, buffalo out shot and outplayed the leafs last night, Matt Ellis got a gwg...... And the place was full of blue and white.... Deep inside yes I was hoping for an L, but it was quite a weird sight, because most of the leaves fans I talked to wanted their team to lose as well and at least a dozen believe the lottery is fixed in Toronto's favor, crazy times man..... I cant wait for a GDT to be about the Damn game again

Am I to understand that you believe an entitled fan is one who who expects a return...and by return I think you mean the happiness that comes from winning consistently.

I see you have not defined " entitled fan yet" so if I am off, please do define.

You have to step back and take a look at the big picture of pro sports. These guys, by and large, are playing for their own personal pleasure and success. Owners use these motivated players to make money for themselves and the players by making viewership easy for spectators who are interested in observing athletes at work. It's an enterprise.

A team's success is not for the fans, it's bribery. Winning keeps us coming back so that the enterprise keeps making cash.

We attach the personal investment to pro sports because we want to feel like we're a part of it. That dedicating time and money makes us part of the team. This manifests itself in our expectations that teams will try to win for us.

But that's a con. A fan who believes that has been duped. You've taken your membership in the brotherhood of fandom as some kind of relationship with the team where your investment should result in a reward. That's not the case. Your investment is to maintain the fandom because without the team you lose that. And that's the thing you're a part of. This forum is a microcosm of that. Without the Sabres the community evaporates.

So when fans are crying that the players are playing for themselves in spite of the fans, they're unwittingly acknowledging that this separation exists. And that's how we get to entitlement.

Fans, not understanding that the players don't really give a crap what fans think, believe that the players should be on board with doing whatever it takes to give the fans what they want, regardless of the players own feelings, pride, etc. That the players should be selfless. That they should roll over and finish the tank for the fans. We all know GMTM and Pegula and everyone else in the organization don't expect that, because they know that no team is entitled to winning, to success, to championships, to picking first overall. They know full well, just like the players, that they could give one hundred percent their entire careers and never win. Winning is expected, but not guaranteed.

But the fans. The fans feel entitled. The fans want guaranteed success. They don't care how. But they want it, not for the players, or the coaches, or the GMs. But for themselves.

So get on out there an lose Sabres. The fans demand it.

No idea why you keep using the word "entitled." Is anyone saying we are "owed" this or we "deserve" this? I haven't but I also haven't been looking for that.

All I'm seeing are fans that have been frustrated for years, sometimes decades, who want to see light at the end of the tunnel. That's not an "entitlement" attitude.

The frustration is a manifestation of that entitlement. Fans who have been following this team for 40 years, through numerous roster turnovers and ownership groups and coaches, all ignoring that the people who made up these teams were doing the work for themselves, not for the fans. 40 years of fans looking for the glory of their team while components cycle through looking for their own glory. The two don't often meet. So while the players are worrying about their own careers some old fan is sitting around crying that because he's been watching the team for 40 years he's frustrated they haven't delivered for him. Never mind that the players don't give a about him.

The frustration is a manifestation of that entitlement. Fans who have been following this team for 40 years, through numerous roster turnovers and ownership groups and coaches, all ignoring that the people who made up these teams were doing the work for themselves, not for the fans. 40 years of fans looking for the glory of their team while components cycle through looking for their own glory. The two don't often meet. So while the players are worrying about their own careers some old fan is sitting around crying that because he's been watching the team for 40 years he's frustrated they haven't delivered for him. Never mind that the players don't give a ###### about him.

Bro, do you even sport?

Fans, not understanding that the players don't really give a crap what fans think, believe that the players should be on board with doing whatever it takes to give the fans what they want, regardless of the players own feelings, pride, etc. That the players should be selfless. That they should roll over and finish the tank for the fans. We all know GMTM and Pegula and everyone else in the organization don't expect that, because they know that no team is entitled to winning, to success, to championships, to picking first overall. They know full well, just like the players, that they could give one hundred percent their entire careers and never win. Winning is expected, but not guaranteed.

Hmm, really?  Riddle me this: why did Mike Weber throw his fit the other day then, if this is true?

What's with all of the high-and-mighty "you can't cheer the other team in your own barn" talk?

If the players don't give a crap, and the game is all about the players, then WTF are you doing even taking the time to write that lengthy post?  If the players don't care, and if the fans don't really matter, because we're sheep, then WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Edited by SiZzlEmIsTEr

Hmm, really? Riddle me this: why did Mike Weber throw his fit the other day then, if this is true?

What's with all of the high-and-mighty "you can't cheer the other team in your own barn" talk?

If the players don't give a crap, and the game is all about the players, then WTF are you doing even taking the time to write that lengthy post? If the players don't care, and if the fans don't really matter, because we're sheep, then WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

The players are protecting their own sense of self worth. Clearly Mike Weber isn't too secure with his. He's responding to the fans to justify his belief in himself. It's not actually about the fans.

The players are protecting their own sense of self worth. Clearly Mike Weber isn't too secure with his. He's responding to the fans to justify his belief in himself. It's not actually about the fans.

Well, then perhaps you should remind yourself of that the next time you have a snarky comment for the tankers; no sense trolling the community unless you just feel like trolling.

Also, you should PM this news to deluca, you might save him from having a stroke.

You root against your team.  You anger hockey gods.  You get this.

Just shut up and see what happens.

I've had about all I can take of this place and the people who think they deserve anything.  It's a product, you buy it or you don't.  If you hate it so much, why do you continue to buy it?  What does that say about you as a person?

If players feel offended by their "fans" cheering against them, and "fans" feel offended by their "loser team" winning then I don't believe anyone gets to ride the moral high horse.

Done with it.

Well, then perhaps you should remind yourself of that the next time you have a snarky comment for the tankers; no sense trolling the community unless you just feel like trolling.

Also, you should PM this news to deluca, you might save him from having a stroke.

You've got a point there. And you're right, I am trolling the tankers. I understand the logic of the whole thing perfectly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.