Grigorenko

DirtDart

That's what it sounded like they were just saying on GR55 a few minutes ago. His contract is a problem for next year

idk if they mentioned this but his contract is a problem because he loses waiver exemption meaning he gets a spot on the Sabres roster.  We can easily sign him but Grigorenko will not clear waivers. I am not sure he deserves a permanent roster spot. I believe Griorenko will be traded because of these reasons and I think Murray dislikes his game.  Considering what our prospect pool looks like and who may be available either at the draft or this summer, a perfect storm should come together and Mikhail will be shipped off.  I think in another 2-3 years he will become a solid 2/3 line player but I doubt it is for Buffalo. 

I believe Tim Murray hired the assistant coaches with some input from Nolan.

No, Nolan hired his assistants and Tim Murray let him pick who he wanted. Coolen and Irbe came from the Latvian National Team. Trottier, Ted knew from Long Island.  Flynn was his assistan coach when he coached on the Island.  

I haven't read this whole thread so I apologize if this has been covered, but while I agree it is too early to write him off as an NHL player, the fact remains that he just might not be very good. He fell to #12 for a reason and if the Sabres were not so bereft of centers, I dare say he would have fallen father.

In any case, I do agree with the sentiment that if he does develop into a useful NHL player it will not be with the Sabres. He will be part of the package that brings either a true #1 RW, #1LHD or #1 goaltender. 

idk if they mentioned this but his contract is a problem because he loses waiver exemption meaning he gets a spot on the Sabres roster.  We can easily sign him but Grigorenko will not clear waivers. I am not sure he deserves a permanent roster spot. I believe Griorenko will be traded because of these reasons and I think Murray dislikes his game.  Considering what our prospect pool looks like and who may be available either at the draft or this summer, a perfect storm should come together and Mikhail will be shipped off.  I think in another 2-3 years he will become a solid 2/3 line player but I doubt it is for Buffalo. 

Exactly.  I'm sure Murray believes that he should be farther along but his attitude in the past got in the way of his development.  Hopefully he's learned his lesson and will have a long, productive, career whatever team he lands on

That's what they said. And really, with Kane, top pick and Samson all coming aboard, where would grigs fit? Who would get bumped to give him a roster spot? If there is still a glimmer of hope I think they sign him, play him, and if he still isn't there try to pass him through wavers and if he gets claimed, so be it  

That's what they said. And really, with Kane, top pick and Samson all coming aboard, where would grigs fit? Who would get bumped to give him a roster spot? If there is still a glimmer of hope I think they sign him, play him, and if he still isn't there try to pass him through wavers and if he gets claimed, so be it  

RW

I'm interested to see if we get Roy, I wanna know if Heimdall's clip from some poster elsewhere with inside info is really correct  :D

I'm still a fan of grigorenko, but have little hope of him remaining in buffalo , I think he will most likely be traded for a top 6 asset.

I'd buy out Cy Hgsn at 1/3 and give his roster spot to Grigorenko.

Kane McEichel Ennis

Moulson Girgensons Reinhart

Foligno Grigorenko Gionta

Deslauriers McCormick Kaleta

Larsson

Gorges Bogosian

Zadorov Ristolainen

Weber Psysk

Neuvirth/FA

Johnson or Lindback

Allows Reinhart to break in at wing and keeps each rookie paired up with other veterans.

Edited by Drunkard

I'd buy out Cy Hgsn at 1/3 and give his roster spot to Grigorenko.

Kane McEichel Ennis

Moulson Girgensons Reinhart

Foligno Grigorenko Gionta

Deslauriers McCormick Kaleta

Larsson

Gorges Bogosian

Zadorov Ristolainen

Weber Psysk

Neuvirth/FA

Johnson or Lindback

Allows Reinhart to break in at wing and keeps each rookie paired up with other veterans.

I really hope they get rid of Patrick Kaleta, he's worthless...Tim Schaller can very easily fill his spot on the 4th line.

I also hope Mike Weber gets replaced...I'd like to see McCabe in his spot, that's why I don't understand people wanting more defensemen?

Gorges - Bogosian

Zadorov - Ristolainen

McCabe - Pysyk

That is the defensive pairings I want to see...hopefully McCabe and Pysyk are both ready for full-time duty come October...but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them dealt with Grigorenko to Colorado, if it happens, for O'Reilly.

(It's almost St. Patrick's Day...hopefully St. Patty's Day 2016 we have an O'Reilly and an O'Connor! :worthy: )

Edited by Bob Malooga

I also hope Mike Weber gets replaced...I'd like to see McCabe in his spot, that's why I don't understand people wanting more defensemen?

I just want to focus on this.  Name potential NHL defender in the Sabres system not named Pysyk or McCabe.  That is why many of us want more defenders.  Right now the only thing in the ballpark might be a kid like Brycen Martin in another 3-4 years. 

I really hope they get rid of Patrick Kaleta, he's worthless...Tim Schaller can very easily fill his spot on the 4th line.

Gorges - Bogosian

Zadorov - Ristolainen

McCabe - Pysyk

That is the defensive pairings I want to see...hopefully McCabe and Pysyk are both ready for full-time duty come October...but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them dealt with Grigorenko to Colorado, if it happens, for O'Reilly.

(It's almost St. Patrick's Day...hopefully St. Patty's Day 2016 we have an O'Reilly and an O'Connor! :worthy: )

I like Kaleta and think Murray resigns him. Schaller doesn't bring the guts or toughness that Kaleta does. I also see no need to replace Weber. He's good as a 3rd pairing defenseman and stands up for his teammates and allows us to keep McCabe developing in Rochester and have him as a depth call up in case someone in our top 6 gets injured. If we dump Weber and give McCabe a spot in the top 6 who do we call up from Rochester when there's an injury? Edited by Drunkard

I have a thought on Grigorenko and Nolans use of the term lazy or lack of effort. I'm not sure if anyone remembers or has a link but earlier in the season Nolan stated that he judges players on not only effort in games but effort in practices. If a player is going through the motions in practice he can also be held back in the game because of it. So to those of you who watched the game and didn't see the same lack of effort that the coach saw perhaps it was a culmination of his effort in practice as well as his effort in the game that got him into a negative light ? 

Grigorenko is totally getting traded in the offseason.

I believe so too, with the possibility of McEichel, and Reinhart coming in along with Girgensons, Larsson, McCormick among others there's less and less room for him.  Unless he's moved to LW or RW.  

I believe so too, with the possibility of McEichel, and Reinhart coming in along with Girgensons, Larsson, McCormick among others there's less and less room for him.  Unless he's moved to LW or RW.  

Yea, I think the real issue is he is a LHS without waiver exemption.  The result being that he is most suited for C and LW, which are two positions we have depth at.  If Grigorenko were a RHS I could see him getting some time but as of right now we would have to slot, Girgensons, Ennis, Kane, Foligno, Larsson, Samson, 1st round 2015, and dare I say Deslauriers over him as far as depth at C/LW  that is 8 players for 8 slots right there.  I just think it makes a ton of sense to flip Grigorenko in a package for a solid 2nd line or better rw. 

If he could stay in Rochester another year, I think the Sabres would do it because it is really what he needs, more development time.  As much as we want to rag on him, go look at the 2012 draft and all the players taken 10th or later, most of them have never seen the NHL and only a few are regulars.  Grigorenko got screwed by the short sighted DR and it may cost us his services.  To me he still projects out to a solid #2 C or extremely gifted #3 C. 

I believe so too, with the possibility of McEichel, and Reinhart coming in along with Girgensons, Larsson, McCormick among others there's less and less room for him. Unless he's moved to LW or RW.

This has been Paul Hamilton's take all season and I screamed at my radio every time. Girgensons and Larsson can easily play wing on any line. Most organizations slide guys from center to wing when they have a glut of centers. I'm not sure why this isn't obvious to Hamilton.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.