23-man roster predictions for 2015-16 season

JohnRobertEichel

I would tend to believe we would be in the 170 range next year if all goes well (meaning McEichel). As for my lineup just keep in mind I was asked what I thought it could be if we drafted #3.

I personally believe we will see this lineup:

Kane - McEichel - Ennis

Moulson - Reinhart - Girgensons

Foligno - Grigorenko - Gionta

Deslauriers - Larsson - Mitchell

McCormick/Kaleta

Gorges - Bogosian

Zadorov - Risto

Boychuk - Pysyk

Weber/Stachan

Niemi

Jones

I would say the top 2 lines should get about 130 goals with the bottom 2 lines chipping in another 40.

I like that one better. :)

I would tend to believe we would be in the 170 range next year if all goes well (meaning McEichel).  As for my lineup just keep in mind I was asked what I thought it could be if we drafted #3.

I personally believe we will see this lineup:

Kane - McEichel - Ennis

Moulson - Reinhart - Girgensons

Foligno - Grigorenko - Gionta

Deslauriers - Larsson - Stempniak

McCormick/Kaleta

Gorges - Bogosian

Zadorov - Risto

Boychuk - Pysyk

Weber/Stachan

Niemi

Jones

I would say the top 2 lines should get about 130 goals with the bottom 2 lines chipping in another 40.  

I've said before, there is no way that we are starting 3 rookie centers at the beginning of the season.

edit- And no way we start 4 rooks.

Edited by weave

I was being generous with 40-50. That current group doesn't have 20 so far this year. So if the top 2 lines produce 120 which is being VERY generous based on what I am looking at that means that Ligers lineup is good for 140-170 goals next year. That would have us pretty much where we are right now - last place or close to it.

This is also why I think we do not pick Hannifan. With what we already have on D, and our lack of organizational scoring threats, he has to flip that pick if we have it. He has no choice. Murray's job is going to get real interesting if we don't bring this McEichel gig to fruition.

Do any teams' 3-4 lines score that many? I don't have time to run the numbers, but even 40 goals means those six guys average 6+ goals each. That seems high to me especially when you probably have 2-3 guys that only pick up 2-3 goals each.

Weave has me thinking about Wayne Simmonds, any chance we cod pry him out of Philly? He'd be the perfect solution to our grit problem, out Rw problem, and he's signed until 2019 IIRC

I personally don't think we have a grit problem

I've said before, there is no way that we are starting 3 rookie centers at the beginning of the season.

edit- And no ###### way we start 4 rooks.

Okay so move Ennis and Girgesons to center and the centers to the wing for the first 42 games.

UFA RW list from November

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2014/11/25/2015-nhl-free-agents-unrestricted-right-wingers/

Okay so move Ennis and Girgesons to center and the centers to the wing for the first 42 games.

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2014/11/25/2015-nhl-free-agents-unrestricted-right-wingers/

We have a scoring problem way more than we have a grit problem. Heck the entire blueline has grit in spades.

It doesn't hurt to add more though. Plus Simmonds can score consistently, and the RW UFA list is ugly. Simmonds, IMO, is a dream scenario for us. His price is what worries me Edited by WildComrade

edit- And no ###### way we start 4 rooks.

You keep saying it, but we don't want to hear it :D

It doesn't hurt to add more though. Plus Simmonds can score consistently, and the RW UFA list is ugly. Simmonds, IMO, is a dream scenario for

Silverberg might be a cheaper option.

My money is on Reinhart spending most of his rookie year in Rochester.

My money is on Reinhart spending most of his rookie year in Rochester.

I think so too.  No way we load up the lineup with rookies down the middle.  In his 9-game audition earlier in the season, it was clear he wasn't ready to handle the physical side of the game just yet.  A half year in the AHL would help him greatly in that regard.

Filip Forsberg... 2013/14 season 13games, 1g, 4a

Filip Forsberg... 2014/15 season 65games, 21g, 31a

That's nice, but he's not Reinhart.  And I think GMTM has shown that he prefers patience and development in his prospects.

Edited by weave

First, Reinhart is not only an exceptional offensive talent, he is beyond his years when it comes to defensive responsibility and awareness.

Second, players chosen second overall don't spend a lot of time in the AHL.

Murray will be tremendously disappointed if Samson is not a major contributor next year.

That's nice, but he's not Reinhart.  And I think GMTM has shown that he prefers patience and development in his prospects.

You're right, Reinhart has shown more talent in his first post draft year than Forsberg did.  Tim Murray has handled prospect the way he should in a rebuild. 

I will say it for the 1 millionth time, Samson Reinhart will be a Buffalo Sabres next year and will contribute.  I will bet my actual screen name on.

- LGR4GM

If you lose will you change your name to Delilah?

Well I have to stand behind my words so yes, I will maintain the name until the 2016 (edit:) draft, unless Samson is promoted permanently, prior to game 41.

Edited by Ligerovich 4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.