Trade: Jhonas Enroth to Dallas

TheMatrix31

Ok...  got that... so who is the goalie to lead us to the promised land?  We traded an UFA for an even worse UFA and a crappy 3rd round pick.  What is the vision for this team? 

People around here told us for years during Miller's tenure that we could just pick up any old run of the mill goalie and hope he gets hot in the playoffs.  Perhaps GMTM believes in this theory.

People around here told us for years during Miller's tenure that we could just pick up any old run of the mill goalie and hope he gets hot in the playoffs.  Perhaps GMTM believes in this theory.

Ottawa's pretty much had run of the mill goalies.  Wouldn't surprise me if GMTM isn't overly concerned with finding a stud.

Not sure why some don't get this trade. He's a ufa and it seems obvious Murray doesn't want enroth long term. Therefore he got what he could for him. Enroth was never the long term answer. Questions surrounding next years starter didn't just arise from this trade. If Murray wants him he could still sign him July 1 anyways but I'll be shocked if that happens.

Welcome to goalie purgatory.

I'm not a fan of trading a legit starting goalie without another already in your midst.

*scratches head

no .  And there was a post above yours with the same point. 

The Kane Myers trade is a risk, but I can see how it could work. This Enroth trade just doesn't make any sense

I am with you.

This one doesn't make sense to me.

I'd expect TM knows whether Jhonas would sign here and what the cost would be. Doubt this trade appreciably effects the likelihood of Jhonas coming back.

It does however, in all likelihood, improve the odds of hitting 30 of 30.

Basically, he gave up 20-22 Enroth starts for a 3rd in a year and a 10-20% increase in the odds of landing McEichel.

If Enroth wins 4 games for Dallas in the playoffs, pick gets bumped to a second.

That's not happening.

Does anybody know if the 4 wins have tobe in '15 or can they be cumulative through '16?

wjag, on 11 Feb 2015 - 8:40 PM, said:

I really wish I understood this trade.

It ensures the tank.

IKnowPhysics, on 11 Feb 2015 - 8:51 PM, said:

We should consider offer sheeting Martin Jones at $3.3M a year for three years.  Might be too rich for LA's cap-crunched blood, especially as a backup to Quick.  Compensation would be a 2nd round pick.  Jones had the 14th best GVT in 2013-14 and 7th best ESSV% at 0.949.

If not that, maybe take a run at Cam Talbot, UFA after next year.  Talbot was 12th in both GVT and ESSV% last year.

Also give some consideration to offer sheeting Calvin Pickard to the same terms as Martin Jones above.  Pickard was a 49th overall pick in 2010 and showed promise in relief of an injured Varlamov.  He's 9th among goalies this year in GVT, COL wouldn't pay that money to a backup.

Maybe also give Scott Darling a look. 6'6" monster that backed up Raanta when Crawford went down.  He's had a down and up career and posted good numbers this year.

An offer sheet is pretty much the only thing Murray has yet to do, that and a three-way trade.  At this point, now that he's dealt one of the first round picks and Enroth, I really don't care what happens any more - go BIG and CRAZY!  I want to see an offer sheet tendered.

Not sure why some don't get this trade. He's a ufa and it seems obvious Murray doesn't want enroth long term. Therefore he got what he could for him. Enroth was never the long term answer. Questions surrounding next years starter didn't just arise from this trade. If Murray wants him he could still sign him July 1 anyways but I'll be shocked if that happens.

This.

As for next year's goalie: both Tampa and Detroit have good-looking young backups that GMTM could take shots at trading for if he is so inclined.

Boy is this place going to be pissed when the Leaves get the #1 pick. 

Every decent person in the world is going to be pissed if the Leaves get the #1 pick.

And it is a pleasure to have the entire florida panther fanbase on the board with us.  Welcome.

Nooooo Jhonas is so cute.  My sister is going to be pissed.  Goodbye crazy little ewok guy.  I can totally see him getting hot again and winning a playoff series or two.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.