Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Let's not screw up the team chemistry.  ROR is the Sabres leader and I can see him clashing with Byfugliens my way or highway attitude.  Also, how many more RHD do we want? We should focus on younger, good LHD that won't cost a boatload of cash or assets to acquire. You are talking about a 30yr old defender who will probably be making 8.5million for the next 5 years.  Risky investment. 

Let's not screw up the team chemistry.  ROR is the Sabres leader and I can see him clashing with Byfugliens my way or highway attitude.  Also, how many more RHD do we want? We should focus on younger, good LHD that won't cost a boatload of cash or assets to acquire. You are talking about a 30yr old defender who will probably be making 8.5million for the next 5 years.  Risky investment. 

I'm not even going to worry about it.  I'm sure GMTM is well aware of the clash between Buff and Kane and he's already made his choice.  I can't seem him bringing that conflict into the room.

I think there will be plenty of teams throwing $$ at Buff.  I asked Ducky about it because I would think he's the kind of player that you swallow hard and give a huge contract to, and I'm curious whether (i) the Jets don't want to pay him what it will cost to keep him or (ii) Buff wants bigger city/warmer climate/other.

When you look at the Kane-Bogosian/Stafford-Myers trade right now, I see Kane and Bogosian both out injured and still doing better than Stafford-Myers.

Are you saying Eichel isn't productive?  Because Staff has almost identical stats (5G 2A -6).

Byfuglien, who at one point last season told his agent to let Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff know if he didn’t trade Kane he would someday have to move him, didn’t go rogue. He had the support of his teammates.....

Doesn't sound selfish  or being a bully to me....sounds like someone that didn't want a cancer in a locker room that is very tight.

Buff loves Manitoba with all the hunting and fishing and has said as much. He was born just across the border so it isn't that far away from home.

nfreeman,

I am not sure if he will be re-signed or traded....at his age Chevy will be hesitant to give him a long term contract. The return in a trade would be a lot but Chevy is trying to get Ladd signed before dealing with Buff. I'd give him 7.5 over 5 years but I doubt he would sign that.

When you look at the Kane-Bogosian/Stafford-Myers trade right now, I see Kane and Bogosian both out injured and still doing better than Stafford-Myers.

Sabres are 6-8 for 12 points.

Jets are 8-5-2 for 18 points...

Ya, I see how the Sabres won the trade...

I actually think both teams won the trade but that is neither here nor there. Also we added 9 new players to our roster, 10 if you count Ullmark, in one offseason so we were guaranteed to start slow.  Myers will be a fine 3/4 defender for you and Stafford will eventually come back to earth and you'll get 3rd line production from a responsible 2-way guy.  Kane will get healthy and Bogo will get healthy, both players help us. The prospects you guys got is a mixed bag so who knows.

In the end, the fact that the Sabres made this trade helped them land Eichel, so from my perspective even if Bogo and Kane take a rocket to the moon tomorrow and never return, the Sabres won the trade.  That said, I hope both of them are playing again soon.  They are both good players that, if healthy, would push lesser players aside; that can only help the Sabres.

nfreeman,

I am not sure if he will be re-signed or traded....at his age Chevy will be hesitant to give him a long term contract. The return in a trade would be a lot but Chevy is trying to get Ladd signed before dealing with Buff. I'd give him 7.5 over 5 years but I doubt he would sign that.

OK, thanks.  Just wondering why these extensions didn't happen over the summer.  Not trying to taunt here -- Sabres fans are well aware of the risks of not getting these done ASAP.

And what's with the italics?

With Bogosian out so much with injuries and Kane also, it's hard to say the Sabres are the winners in this trade but although I'm not a big +/- guy, Stafford and Myers have the Jets worst numbers for a forward and Dman. I haven't seen any Jets games this year so it is really hard to tell but when healthy I think Bogo and Kane are the best 2 players in that trade, a win if they ever see the ice again

not sure how the italics got there.

Ducky whatever the reason was for him doing so, the act alone was being a bully.

Buff's way of saying you are not above the team and a track suit is not in the dress code. Neither is coming late or missing team meetings.

Ducky whatever the reason was for him doing so, the act alone was being a bully.

I think there is some room to allow for a competitive sports culture that will involve some level of the players taking care of their own (for good or bad) that, to the outside world, will look like bullying at times.  A lot of the sports teams have some level of "kangaroo court" that imposes penalties on/recognition to players for various infractions.  In other workplaces this would be strictly forbidden (due process and all that) but it's generally regarded as team building on a sports team. 

Considering the fact that we're 14 games past a historically bad season, this comparison doesn't really tell us much. And actually, our winning percentage increase from last year is probably greater than the Jets', no? That doesn't tell us anything about the trade either, but shows that comparing records right now is probably not the best way to judge it.

Well, Buffalo was 3-11-2  on this date last year. 

Winnepeg was 8-5-2 

Sounds like a wash for the Peg. 

It was a reply to Marvelo's post...I thought one dumb reply deserved another...

d4rksabre,

Buff is the most beloved active sports figure in the Peg so I can't really see that happening.

It was a reply to Marvelo's post...I thought one dumb reply deserved another...

d4rksabre,

Buff is the most beloved active sports figure in the Peg so I can't really see that happening.

I see no reason to take sides on this. he was not part of the trade. 

Kane takes kids to dave and Busters. He's off to a decent start.