Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

The Edmonton theory is cute and all... But who did they "ruin?" Taylor Hall is playing like a star. Eberle is a consistent winger. RNH is finding his footing as a playmaker when he stays healthy.

Edmonton's problem wasn't playing these guys early... Their problem was always not having the right mix.

The Edmonton theory is cute and all... But who did they "ruin?" Taylor Hall is playing like a star. Eberle is a consistent winger. RNH is finding his footing as a playmaker when he stays healthy.

Edmonton's problem wasn't playing these guys early... Their problem was always not having the right mix.

Agree. Really no Veteran Core to plug into, no goaltending, no consistency from Coaches or the GM.

That organization has been adrift at see for a long time.

Agree. Really no Veteran Core to plug into, no goaltending, no consistency from Coaches or the GM.

That organization has been adrift at see for a long time.

And it's fair to say we may not have the best of those things, but we do have at least something to offer in each.

Vets: Gorges, Gionta, Moulson, Ennis and Weber. To a lesser extent you could include Kane, Bogosian, Foligno and McCormick.

Defense: Bogosian and Gorges are good shut down guys and then we have a world of potential in Zadorov, Risto, McCabe, Pysyk and more.

Coaching and goaltending: questionable but at least we have Irbe right now who is a known great goalie coach

I cant envision how a "generational player" is not in the NHL next year.

I also can't envision how Reinhart and McEichel cannot be at least as good as Flynn and Mitchell.

The only issue will be physical maturity.

My two cents on the big deal. I love it!

In a way it reminds of the deal brought Gilmour to Toronto way back when. Lots of guys, blockbuster deal, good for both teams and totally changed the Leafs for years. I believe the bounce we get from these two guys will be over the top. People are so underrating BOGO as well. BOGO the punisher. Love every bit of this, and it cost what it cost.

Just love the feeling we have right now and wish it was the off season instead of more of the enduring season. I will savor this moment.

The trade for Kane seems like a weird move to me.  Sure the Sabres are better for the short term future once Kane is in the lineup next season, but I dont see Buffalo as a threat in the next 3 season.  Kane will be coming home to VanCity once he is a UFA in 3 seasons, so enjoy him while you can.

Also curious why is everyone talking like its a lock the Sabres are getting either McDavid or Eichel?  The Oilers are a pretty awful team as well, and could easily finish below them in the standings.  

If the Sabres finish 2nd place there is a 66.5% chance that a team lower than them would win the lottery and bump them to 3rd pick.

The trade for Kane seems like a weird move to me.  Sure the Sabres are better for the short term future once Kane is in the lineup next season, but I dont see Buffalo as a threat in the next 3 season.  Kane will be coming home to VanCity once he is a UFA in 3 seasons, so enjoy him while you can.

Also curious why is everyone talking like its a lock the Sabres are getting either McDavid or Eichel?  The Oilers are a pretty awful team as well, and could easily finish below them in the standings.  

If the Sabres finish 2nd place there is a 66.5% chance that a team lower than them would win the lottery and bump them to 3rd pick.

Kane wouldnt have signed a 6 year deal if he was dead set on Vancouver. 

The sabres were worse than the Oilers before the deals yesterday and are much worse on the ice for the remainder of the season. 

The reason for that is because you can't see the future. Two days ago we were a different team. At any point in the future, we will become a different team again. This is a roster in tremendous flux - to say you can't see X three years out is obvious because no one has a clue what this team will be.

No one said we are a lock for last, but we are hoping for the best.

Kane wouldnt have signed a 6 year deal if he was dead set on Vancouver. 

The sabres were worse than the Oilers before the deals yesterday and are much worse on the ice for the remainder of the season. 

He was an RFA then, his negotiation power was limited and he wanted to get paid after his rookie contract, which he has now.  UFA is a totally different ball game.

The Sabres MAY be worse, but the western conference is stronger, and the playoff race to the finish is going to be intense for pretty much every team in the West.  Edmonton also just lost their best player for 6 weeks to injury.  I personally think they will finish lower than the Sabres this season.

Edited by NucksFan82

He was an RFA then, his negotiation power was limited and he wanted to get paid after his rookie contract, which he has now.  UFA is a totally different ball game.

The Sabres MAY be worse, but the western conference is stronger, and the playoff race to the finish is going to be intense for pretty much every team in the West.  Edmonton also just lost their best player for 6 weeks to injury.  I personally think they will finish lower than the Sabres this season.

He was an RFA and didn't need to sign for 6 years. Again, if VAN was his place to be he could've made that happen.  Also no way to know if Van will have cap space.  Both Sedins are up then too.  

The Sabres lost their best Dman, top RW and top Goalie. They are still much worse than EDM.   They would be way behind EDM if not for Enroth getting all Hasek-esque for a stretch. 

He was an RFA and didn't need to sign for 6 years. Again, if VAN was his place to be he could've made that happen.  Also no way to know if Van will have cap space.  Both Sedins are up then too.  

The Sabres lost their best Dman, top RW and top Goalie. They are still much worse than EDM.   They would be way behind EDM if not for Enroth getting all Hasek-esque for a stretch. 

and the sell-off has just started. More to come...

Go look at any advance statistic you can name, Buffalo is significantly worse than Edmonton and has been all season.  They will be worse going forward because Murray is going to trade every pending UFA he can't sign.  

Who knows what contract the Peg was offering at that time, again he was an RFA, and the contract he did sign puts him right in his prime when he becomes a UFA to sign another big deal. 

The fact the Sedins are up that season makes it even more likely, as the Canucks should have a lot of free cap space opening that off season.  This is the Sedin's last contract, they are heading back to Sweden when its done.

Sell-offs dont always make teams worse...young players and players who are in contract years playing for a job often excel when given the chance.

Go look at any advance statistic you can name, Buffalo is significantly worse than Edmonton and has been all season.  They will be worse going forward because Murray is going to trade every pending UFA he can't sign.  

I don't think he will sign any of them. If he wants them back, he will tell them "I'm trading you, but I want you back in the summer."

Who knows what contract the Peg was offering at that time, again he was an RFA, and the contract he did sign puts him right in his prime when he becomes a UFA to sign another big deal. 

The fact the Sedins are up that season makes it even more likely, as the Canucks should have a lot of free cap space opening that off season.  This is the Sedin's last contract, they are heading back to Sweden when its done.

Sell-offs dont always make teams worse...young players and players who are in contract years playing for a job often excel when given the chance.

Why do you have such a strong interest in Kane?

Who exactly on this roster is going to do this? 

Your're not getting Kane in 3 years unless he absolutely sucks in Buffalo.

So young players will make us better so we should keep UFA's but UFA's will make us better because they are in contract years to we should sell them So  young players... 

Because he is a great Vancouver born player who is a rockstar in this city.

Your 2 scrub goalies may do it...go all "Hasek-esque" like you said

Maybe Kane will like Buffalo where if he plays well he will also be a Rock Star.  Maybe he doesn't even want to be a Rock Star, maybe he just wants to win hockey games.

And maybe my will turn purple and taste like rainbow sherbet 

Edited by LGR4GM

Am I the only person who doesn't think Reinhart goes to Rochester next season?

No. He is GMTM first draft choice. He is penciled in on the big club. There is a chance Eichel wouldn't leave BU until after his sophmore year. McJesus starts from day one.

Because he is a great Vancouver born player who is a rockstar in this city.

Your 2 scrub goalies may do it...go all "Hasek-esque" like you said

Welcome to the board.  I would guess that even though your agenda differs from most of ours regarding what happens in the summer of 2018, you'll be rooting for Kane in the meantime -- so please stop by anytime.

Serious question:  why do you think Kane's role and scoring declined over the past few seasons?  I'm pretty psyched about the trade but would like to be reassured by someone who's watched him more than I have.