Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

The WGR Morning Show just had a great thought. GMTM with the size that has brought to the Sabres is building a a Western Conference Style Team in the East.

someone should figure out the average height + weight of the 2012 team and compare it to our projected team next year.

someone should figure out the average height + weight of the 2012 team and compare it to our projected team next year.

And how are we feeling this morning?  Starting to appreciate the thought of the below on opening night?

Kane-Eichel-Moulson

Ennis-Reinhart-Zemgus

Foligno-Ryan O'Reilly-Griggy

Deslauriers-McC-Kaleta

Bogo-Gorges

Risto-Nikita

Pysyk-Weber

I know I am.

And how are we feeling this morning? Starting to appreciate the thought of the below on opening night?

Kane-Eichel-Moulson

Ennis-Reinhart-Zemgus

Deslauriers-McC-Kaleta

Bogo-Gorges

Risto-Nikita

Pysyk-Weber

I know I am.

Still not enough beef on those top two lines. We really need Stewart to re-sign.

Still not enough beef on those top two lines. We really need Stewart to re-sign.

I think there's a bit of overvaluation of Stewart going on here (not just you).  If he's not quite a dime-a-dozen guy, he's in the ballpark.  I certainly wouldn't want him in the top 6 over any of the guys I listed. 

And how are we feeling this morning?  Starting to appreciate the thought of the below on opening night?

Kane-Eichel-Moulson

Ennis-Reinhart-Zemgus

Deslauriers-McC-Kaleta

Bogo-Gorges

Risto-Nikita

Pysyk-Weber

I know I am.

I feel better, hence the reason I deliberately excused myself from the conversation yesterday afternoon. That said one of the turning points for me was Murray saying they tried to sign Lemiuex this summer but couldn't get a deal done.  For other uncomfirmed reasons I think Murray knew something about the Lemieux deal we don't. 

As for your lines, I firmly believe that if we trade for Ryan O'Reilly, Tyler Ennis will be gone and I don't think we should trade for him.  Ryan has a bad habit of holding out for contracts he doesn't deserve, if he had 2 years left you might convince me but he would have to get re-signed at some point and I am not sure he is willing to take 6mil or so.  I think he will want 7mil+ and his production just doesn't make that worth it.  Honestly I think you put Mikhail Grigorenko in that 3C spot with Foligno and either Bailey or Baptiste on the other wing.

If the Bruins came to town and ran our GT again, with those forwards and those defense pairs, do you think no matter who was on the ice, all hell would break lose?  

Kane-Eichel-Moulson

Ennis-Reinhart-Zemgus

Foligno-Grigorenko-Bailey/Baptiste/UFA RW

Deslauriers-McC-Kaleta

LeBrun's talk with Kane is enlightening. I know nothing about the guy, but I like the sound of everything he's said here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/34541/evander-kane-on-trade-to-buffalo-sabres-its-nice-to-feel-wanted

I read that yesterday and idk if this is the right impression but Kane doesn't sound like a selfish guy at all. Sounds more like he was young and has grown up a bit but got treated poorly or dumped on a bit.  I worry about his injury history but I think, or hope, or pray maybe, that he is actually mature and will come into Buffalo and be a valued member of the team. 

I feel better, hence the reason I deliberately excused myself from the conversation yesterday afternoon. That said one of the turning points for me was Murray saying they tried to sign Lemiuex this summer but couldn't get a deal done. For other uncomfirmed reasons I think Murray knew something about the Lemieux deal we don't.

As for your lines, I firmly believe that if we trade for Ryan O'Reilly, Tyler Ennis will be gone and I don't think we should trade for him. Ryan has a bad habit of holding out for contracts he doesn't deserve, if he had 2 years left you might convince me but he would have to get re-signed at some point and I am not sure he is willing to take 6mil or so. I think he will want 7mil+ and his production just doesn't make that worth it. Honestly I think you put Mikhail Grigorenko in that 3C spot with Foligno and either Bailey or Baptiste on the other wing.

If the Bruins came to town and ran our GT again, with those forwards and those defense pairs, do you think no matter who was on the ice, all hell would break lose?

Kane-Eichel-Moulson

Ennis-Reinhart-Zemgus

Foligno-Grigorenko-Bailey/Baptiste/UFA RW

Deslauriers-McC-Kaleta

I love Zemgus but that second line makes me nervous. Ennis and Reinhart are targets with only Z out there to protect them.

I love Zemgus but that second line makes me nervous. Ennis and Reinhart are targets with only Z out there to protect them.

I think Ennis might get traded but I understand what you are saying.  Just remember that our defense has so much grit now they might be able to assist if liberties are taken.  Zadorov, Bogosian, Gorges, Risto, Weber... those guys all seem to be willing to jump into a scrum.

Kane-Eichel-Moulson

Ennis-Reinhart-Zemgus

Deslauriers-McC-Kaleta

Bogo-Gorges

Risto-Nikita

Pysyk-Weber

I know I am.

I don't see how we trade for ROR unless he is signed long term.  This would have to happen after the draft.  There is no way I trade our 2016 #1 for ROR.  It would most likely involve Grigorenko,or Ennis and Bogosian to Colarodo for ROR

Well, I'm certainly fine if they can sign a terminator-type winger for that line and then put Zemgus on the 3rd line with Griggy and Foligno.  I just don't think Stewart is the guy.

I see everyone saying Eichel.. when making up future linemates

Is this because everyone expects us to lose the lottery ? or is it because we prefer him over McDavid

Yes (for me, anyway).  I also don't think it's fair to call it "losing" the lottery.  Assuming the Sabres finish DFL, they still have only a 20% chance of winning it.  That means that they most likely will draft #2.

I don't see how we trade for ROR unless he is signed long term.  This would have to happen after the draft.  There is no way I trade our 2016 #1 for ROR.  It would most likely involve Grigorenko,or Ennis and Bogosian to Colarodo for ROR

I don't think GMTM will trade Bogo.

Separately:  here is a good article about Kane from Elliott Friedman:  http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/why-fiercely-independent-kane-must-change-ways/

Plenty of ammo in there for the anti-Kaners, but also plenty for the pro-Kaners.

I like Freeman's lineup, although Kaleta won't be back.

Think about this group in five years:

Kane  McEichel

Reinhart

Girgensons

Zadorov Ristolainen

Bogosian

Complement that with the best of or the returns from: Ennis, Foligno, Hodgson, Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching, Carrier, Grigorenko, Larsson, Compher, Deslauriers, Cornel, Karabacek, Hurley, Pysyk and McCabe and this year's three remaining high picks.

Can that be the core of a cup-winner?

Edited by dudacek

Kane  McEichel

Reinhart

Girgensons

Zadorov Ristolainen

Bogosian

Complement that with the best of or the returns from: Ennis, Foligno, Hodgson, Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching, Carrier, Grigorenko, Larsson, Compher, Deslauriers, Cornel, Karabacek, Hurley, Pysyk and McCabe and this year's three remaining high picks.

I think so. It at least has the center depth to do it.  All 3 of those centers are strong 2-way players so that is interesting. 

I think Ennis might get traded but I understand what you are saying.  Just remember that our defense has so much grit now they might be able to assist if liberties are taken.  Zadorov, Bogosian, Gorges, Risto, Weber... those guys all seem to be willing to jump into a scrum.

I'll take your thought one step further, this team will be made up of enough type A personalities that if a liberty is taken with a team mate,  there will be at least  3 guys on the ice during any given shift that will start a scrum.

Those guys only need Zemgus to protect them. The entire nation of Latvia only needs Zemgus to protect them, and they share a 130 mile long border with Putin.

Kane McEichel

Reinhart

Girgensons

Zadorov Ristolainen

Bogosian

Well, if that can't be the core of a Cup-winner, then we're all in some serious trouble :lol:

Separately, it warmed my heart to see Freeman pencil Griggy into an NHL lineup. I always knew you'd warm up to him!!!

Well, if that can't be the core of a Cup-winner, then we're all in some serious trouble :lol:

Separately, it warmed my heart to see Freeman pencil Griggy into an NHL lineup. I always knew you'd warm up to him!!!

I'm far from there yet -- but IIRC he needs to clear waivers to be sent down next year, which ain't gonna happen, so I expect him to be with the Sabres next year -- and for it to be pretty close to a make-or-break year for him with GMTM.

Okay I finally had time to watch the press conferences. Tim Murray traded Lemieux because that was the prospect the Jets wanted.  If that is the case, I am still okay with what Murray did. I worry it will blow up in our faces but I suppose any trade could do that. 

I'm far from there yet -- but IIRC he needs to clear waivers to be sent down next year, which ain't gonna happen, so I expect him to be with the Sabres next year -- and for it to be pretty close to a make-or-break year for him with GMTM.

If he plays well, better than expected even, does GMTM trade him?

Griggs doesn't seem to fit GMTM profile of a heavy player team he is building.

And, would you be upset?