Better call Saul

bunomatic

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It’s been pretty good so far this year.  This week’s episode was solid.  

Question: was the guy with the beard along with Huell supposed to be Bill Burr's character (& Bill wasn't available for whatever reason) or was it just some random guy?  He looked a lot like Bill Burr but the hair / beard wasn't red.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Question: was the guy with the beard along with Huell supposed to be Bill Burr's character (& Bill wasn't available for whatever reason) or was it just some random guy?  He looked a lot like Bill Burr but the hair / beard wasn't red.

I thought it was the guy that stole the Hummel  

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Good season finale and good season overall IMHO.

The last one was the season finale? Bummer. I watched the latest one last night and should have known when there were no previews for the next episode. I miss stuff like that by fast forwarding through the commercials on the dvr though. I agree it was a good season. Excited to see next season when Jimmy goes full Saul Goodman.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Jimmy's lack of compassion and sincerity is destructive. It's already starting with Kim.

I wonder if any of Jimmy’s defenders in the Jimmy vs Chuck debate from the prior couple of seasons are having 2nd thoughts.  Clearly there is something wrong with Jimmy.  

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Kr632 said:

It seems like AMC has a new business model.  Right on the heels of them announcing those plans for the Walking Dead, a story comes about about Breaking Bad.  It's no coincidence.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

It seems like AMC has a new business model.  Right on the heels of them announcing those plans for the Walking Dead, a story comes about about Breaking Bad.  It's no coincidence.

Just like every other network. Find a hit and milk it for every single last drop they can. That's fine by me. I'd rather they do that than pushing garbage I'd rather not watch.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Oddly enough, I was watching some old Seinfeld’s last night.

Season 8 episode 9, Saul makes an appearance. He’s dating Elaine.

It's amazing the people that show up when you watch through that entire series.  Let's see if I remember this one right.  Was that the one where Elaine was getting really dumb and George a super genius because neither was getting any sex?

8 hours ago, shrader said:

It's amazing the people that show up when you watch through that entire series.  Let's see if I remember this one right.  Was that the one where Elaine was getting really dumb and George a super genius because neither was getting any sex?

Yup

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2018 at 1:23 PM, nfreeman said:

I wonder if any of Jimmy’s defenders in the Jimmy vs Chuck debate from the prior couple of seasons are having 2nd thoughts.  Clearly there is something wrong with Jimmy.  

But of course nothing was ever wrong with Chuck, a man who chose to kill himself instead of facing basic facts about how much he hates his brother and how jealous he is of him. Is this why you watch TV, freeman? To judge characters instead of trying to understand them? Just admit that you're an ***** lawyer and you see yourself in Chuck!

I'm astounded how you and some of the other adults on here acted towards me when I was a literal child on this message board. Despicable.

How'm I doing? Clearly bad enough to have typed the above. Stay safe everyone. ❤️

On 4/25/2020 at 10:12 AM, qwksndmonster said:

But of course nothing was ever wrong with Chuck, a man who chose to kill himself instead of facing basic facts about how much he hates his brother and how jealous he is of him. Is this why you watch TV, freeman? To judge characters instead of trying to understand them? Just admit that you're an ***** lawyer and you see yourself in Chuck!

I'm astounded how you and some of the other adults on here acted towards me when I was a literal child on this message board. Despicable.

How'm I doing? Clearly bad enough to have typed the above. Stay safe everyone. ❤️

Interesting return post.

Hope you do stick around and that things are well with you.

• 2 years later...

Felt a little disappointed by the way they chose to get rid of Wexler, but I can’t say how else I’d prefer it went. Maybe that describes high emotional but rational breakups perfectly and is how I’m supposed to feel. Not used to seeing that kind of maturity on television. 

All the loose ends and continuums were really well handled at least. Upon rewatching BB, Sauls sleeziness was pretty contrasting to the character they had built in BCS and at least they got him aligning now with the handoff. Him not knowing what really happened with Lalo, etc. They got the little things right.  The Mexico wrap up was a bit too convenient, but they had a hard stage to set. The show is going to struggle with that though because a lot of the resolution has to be delayed to BB. 

Really quality television though. Finished, hurried slightly, but not rushed into disappointment like so many things today. The female empowerment showed by Wexler is far beyond what any other virtue signaling junk you see on TV elsewhere today. Well, I say that for the whole series but the gay scene came out of nowhere entirely on that second episode. I guess I hope it has some sort of meaningful follow up because I didn’t see one. Just seemed pointless and forced is all. At least it was kept to a minimum. 

Too bad the shows premise doesn’t make any sense to people outside the US though. Entertainment is our biggest export and foreigners don’t understand forking out money for cancer 😝

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Agree 1

I think Kim was overwhelmed with grief seeing how Howard was executed, what it did to Howard’s wife and how the whole sandpiper situation cost the company to downsize by half, by which a lot of people will be out of jobs. Glad Kim is still alive, but seeing her leave (a BCS original from episode 1), was sad to see as it was an end of an era. Once that happened, it was also a goodbye to Jimmy as he fully transitioned to Saul.

I’m curious to see how much pre-Breaking Bad stuff we’ll see with Saul, as well as how much post-Breaking Bad stuff we’ll see with Gene over the next four episodes. My guess is Gene will get in contact with Kim since Gene has been spotted by the cab driver in the mall. Curious if Gene will have Kim turn him into the police so Kim gets the reward money for Saul.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I think Kim was overwhelmed with grief seeing how Howard was executed, what it did to Howard’s wife and how the whole sandpiper situation cost the company to downsize by half, by which a lot of people will be out of jobs. Glad Kim is still alive, but seeing her leave (a BCS original from episode 1), was sad to see as it was an end of an era. Once that happened, it was also a goodbye to Jimmy as he fully transitioned to Saul.

I’m curious to see how much pre-Breaking Bad stuff we’ll see with Saul, as well as how much post-Breaking Bad stuff we’ll see with Gene over the next four episodes. My guess is Gene will get in contact with Kim since Gene has been spotted by the cab driver in the mall. Curious if Gene will have Kim turn him into the police so Kim gets the reward money for Saul.

So many ways the potential Gene/Kim storyline can go.  Gilligan can go totally out of character & give them the "happy reunion" ride into the sunset. 

Jimmy can go totally out of character & turn himself in to benefit Kim as you suggested.  (Can't see it being that, but am really bad at guessing plot twists in well developed material like this.  So, who knows.) 

Can have them never meet up though Gene continues to look for her walking by at while eating his lunch on a bench in the mall. 

Can have him get into trouble "dealing" w/ the cabbie that recognized him & either Kim is his assigned public defender or she's in the holding cell that Gene gets placed after having had a grift go awry.

So many possibilities yet.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.