Better call Saul

bunomatic

I'm looking away from the screen as I type this to say that a storm knocked out my directv maybe 15 minutes into the show last night.  I haven't checked yet, but I'm hoping my DVR was able to pickup either of the times it was re-aired last night/this morning.

Such a phenomenal show.  Television may be in a golden age of sorts with all the content being produced, but Better Call Saul is at the top of the list.  

Just finished the black and white episode 10 and it's shaping up to be a ride. I just can't see Jimmy (Saul) remaining in sleepy Omaha and not trying to break out of that rut.  And that Is what will be his undoing. 

• Like (+1) 1

In an age of bloated Marvel extravagance, BCS is the greatest Origin Story of them all.  A show that truly rewards patience, cares for its characters and its audience, and calibrates its pacing like no other television show ever has.  To be able to build up so much suspense over multiple seasons where the audience ALREADY KNOWS THE OUTCOME is a master feat of show-making.  Just an incredible, near-flawless television experience.

13 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Episode 10 was total filler. Meh 

Not really. That episode was set up a while ago. He had to deal with the "breach" of his identity with the cabbie. Instead of driving away he became Saul/Jimmy again, and it seemed to exhilarate him.  Probably sets up the finale.

On 7/27/2022 at 2:27 AM, PerreaultForever said:

I haven't had a Cinnabon in ages. 

That security guard is gonna need a triple bypass eventually.

• Haha (+1) 1

What do people want, the crazy balls to the wall action they've had recently?  That can't be sustained over too many episodes, plus that story is clearly done at this point.  Instead, we got Gene getting the itch to start scamming again, a Walter White reference, and more Kim easter eggs with that Royals lunch box.  I wonder if people genuinely think Kim is gone for good and have never once picked up on her ties to Nebraska.  Part of me wonders if Gene may slip up and need a public defender soon.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not really. That episode was set up a while ago. He had to deal with the "breach" of his identity with the cabbie. Instead of driving away he became Saul/Jimmy again, and it seemed to exhilarate him.  Probably sets up the finale.

That security guard is gonna need a triple bypass eventually.

100% agree we needed it and needed some time before Wexler reappears. But maybe 15 minutes not a full episode. It’s the fly all over again. 

20 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Episode 10 was total filler. Meh 

It wasn't "filler" imo because it was fun and entertaining. Yes, it was a stand alone episode, probably not necessary, but it did link to the early shots in the series and it was simply just a fun mini heist movie with comic overtones. I enjoyed it for what it was. 

My guess is we see the Bryan Cranston cameo soon, if not next. 

14 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It wasn't "filler" imo because it was fun and entertaining. Yes, it was a stand alone episode, probably not necessary, but it did link to the early shots in the series and it was simply just a fun mini heist movie with comic overtones. I enjoyed it for what it was. 

My guess is we see the Bryan Cranston cameo soon, if not next. 

Pretty sure it was necessary if the final 3 episodes revolve around Gene.  And it'll likely take that much to get the story to closure.

Considering Walt's state when we last saw him, would expect there's a better chance of an Aaron Paul cameo.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Pretty sure it was necessary if the final 3 episodes revolve around Gene.  And it'll likely take that much to get the story to closure.

Considering Walt's state when we last saw him, would expect there's a better chance of an Aaron Paul cameo.

I read somewhere they will both make an appearance before the end. I suspect it'll be a flashback type scene. Maybe Gene thinking back to how he got there or some such thing. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I'm resisting the urge to make a cheap pun about Jessie's state since he's in Alaska.  But yeah, he's alive, but he's really not in much of a better place to be showing up in Omaha.

edit: Actually, did they ever give an exact timeframe on when this is happening?  Walt and Saul were relocated at the same time and then it's about a year later when Walt returns for Jack.  Yeah, he's not showing up there, but is there any chance Walt is still alive during what we're seeing in Omaha?

Edited by shrader

10 hours ago, shrader said:

I'm resisting the urge to make a cheap pun about Jessie's state since he's in Alaska.  But yeah, he's alive, but he's really not in much of a better place to be showing up in Omaha.

edit: Actually, did they ever give an exact timeframe on when this is happening?  Walt and Saul were relocated at the same time and then it's about a year later when Walt returns for Jack.  Yeah, he's not showing up there, but is there any chance Walt is still alive during what we're seeing in Omaha?

Unless I have forgotten something they've never given a time frame for when the Gene thing is happening. It's presumably around the same time but could be later too. 

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Unless I have forgotten something they've never given a time frame for when the Gene thing is happening. It's presumably around the same time but could be later too. 

I’m not a Cornhusker’s football guy myself, but I was listening to a POD yesterday and they said that all of the Cornhusker references were from the 2010 season (so the mall caper took months to pull off, starting in winter 2010 and running into the fall). They said that based on the BB timeline, the Gene caper episode would have overlapped Walt’s return to the ABQ from New Hampshire and, of course, his death. 

I would not have pieced any of that together myself. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

I’m not a Cornhusker’s football guy myself, but I was listening to a POD yesterday and they said that all of the Cornhusker references were from the 2010 season (so the mall caper took months to pull off, starting in winter 2010 and running into the fall). They said that based on the BB timeline, the Gene caper episode would have overlapped Walt’s return to the ABQ from New Hampshire and, of course, his death. 

I would not have pieced any of that together myself. 

Man, some people have WAY TOO MUCH time on their hands, but yes, if you looked up all the game references and they were real references, it would give you the timeline. So there it is. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.