"Sabres Ready" & "Touché" old time films

spndnchz

Great look into the past .. If we manage to land another star like Gil it would be great to go to games.. He was so humble but amazingly had the balls to take it end to end ..I can't help but feel lucky to have seen him, thanks for the reminder . I was only like 6 in 71 but lobbied (whined) to go watch 20 games a year and even one of the playoff wins against Montreal in 75 ..

Do you have access to the following years film when they drafted Martin and traded shack for Rene .. Of was that 73 for Robert ?

Murray has quite the legacy to surpass building a team from scratch .. They were great and entertaining from the beginning .

Oh , the cheese girl .. Are you that sexy trucker cross dressing guy that hangs around the kids when they play rocky horror.? Certainly, your hockey knowledge is first rate .. I have only read posts for years and just assumed you were the real Peter Pan.. Except there are no sabres pics in tights when abused by a link .. Yea .. It's a loaded topic., so bring it on .. .. Was just curious if you ever revealed yourself since you have inspired a eastern block cousin of mogilney zadarov as the new focus of the pre pubescent intrigue ( satisfying the neglected girl in hand cuffs in an ivory tower on the border, with only a laptop to lure a suitor ) .

Not that I expect a response .

gracias for the old time hockey show .

1970-71 Media Guide (PDF file)

https://sabresmedia.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/1970-71-media-guide.pdf

Surprised to read that the Aud ice was 195 feet long that first season. Typo? I don't know why it would have been shorter in subsequent years as the only renovation after the first season was to raise the roof and add the oranges.

Sorry to burst your bubble. I'm not a sexy cross dressing trucker.

Well, that is most interesting response to pageant final question, but I say you swept the board in both swimsuit and evening gown, so you have our ears too.

I am also impressed with Seymour and Nordy from .01, and I thank you Ms. Spndnchz for this.

Damn , one can dream.. well it's Anna's show now.. (Trying to encourage the future video taped battle for warped minds of the board) .

But if your name is K8, and you enter out pageant, you can compete for our prize of bride of first pick!

p.s. You should change picture to something less attractive.  Tim makes me happy because, you see, we were lovers...and he did more well than whom we are now, so it is maybe futile, tee hee!

:D  :D  :D

Found this searching them interwebs..

Goes from Sabres first getting team through first Sabres game. Some cool stuff.

Thank you Chz. I was around at that time. It brought back some memories:

The biggest thing to me how the capacity of the Aud was a bit over 10,000 and how loud and enthusiastic the crowds were the first few years. Everyone said it…You can get an idea of that from the clips. Much more than the morgue they call the HSBC now.

The smoothness and professionalism of Ted Darling.

Gil Perreault, the bushy-haired young colt, head up, mouth open, skating, always skating.

The white uniforms at home. The royal blue. The boards without any ads. The old-time gondola scoreboards.

Punch Imlach and his staff look like men. There is a lot of boy in today's man, maybe it's the chemicals in food and drink.

I liked how Imlach improved the team incrementally. He'd be happy to improve the team 10-15 percent at a time. I liked his luck too. And the hat. He looked like and reminds you of Jimmy Griffin.

The greasy hair…everyone had it. It was in style. Vitalis, Grecian Formula...

The Knoxes and their aristocrat looks.

Seeing Gilles Villemure as a Ranger a year after winning the Calder Cup in Buffalo. 

Gerry Meehan. Tall, rangy, fast. 

The pedestrian looks of these hockey players, as opposed to today's chiseled athletes. Look at Capt. Floyd Smith.

A young Brian MacFarlane. 

The smoke-filled drafting rooms. 

Seeing Bobby Orr, Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Jean Beliveau compete against our boys. 

Almost no helmets on any of the players. Joe Daley on the Sabres, the last NHL goalie to go without a mask.

Hearing the names Randy Wyrozub, Skip Krake, Steve Atkinson for the first time in decades.  Seeing guys like Eddie Shack and the late Reggie Fleming. Training outdoors. The exercises.

Seeing the genesis of the Buffalo-Toronto rivalry, seeing that guy from Toronto (name?) who said there will be no rivalry because the Leafs will win every game.

How easy it seemed for this first year expansion team to score goals, as opposed to the tepid franchise of the last few years.

Seymour Knox at about 6:45 stating that the team would take Perreault first overall in the draft must be a clear sign that he was meddling with Punch, right?

WHY IS HE EVEN TALKING TO THE MEDIA?!

If only the Knoxes had hired real hockey men to do the job, and then stepped out of the way.

Edited by That Aud Smell

1970-71 Media Guide (PDF file)

https://sabresmedia.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/1970-71-media-guide.pdf

Surprised to read that the Aud ice was 195 feet long that first season. Typo? I don't know why it would have been shorter in subsequent years as the only renovation after the first season was to raise the roof and add the oranges.

I seem to remember A time when Buffalo and Boston were the shortest ice in the league. The Boston Garden was 4 ft shorter than the Aud iirc.

I seem to remember A time when Buffalo and Boston were the shortest ice in the league. The Boston Garden was 4 ft shorter than the Aud iirc.

Close 5' shorter & 2' narrower. (191'x83')

1 other rink was as narrow as the Gaaaaaah-din and 1 was even a yard shorter than it but the regulation 85' wide.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.