"Sabres Ready" & "Touché" old time films

spndnchz

That's why I loved when the Nords entered the NHL in the  Adams. 

It was fun to watch the Sabres and the Stasnys with skating room in Quebec on the Olympic sized ice. 

Omigosh that rink!  And then they would come into the tiny Aud (or the Boston Garden) and suffer for the lack of space.

That's why I loved when the Nords entered the NHL in the  Adams. 

It was fun to watch the Sabres and the Stasnys with skating room in Quebec on the Olympic sized ice.

:huh:

Le Colisee's sheet was the standard 200'x85'. The powder blue at the base of the dasher boards might have made it look bigger.

:huh:

Le Colisee's sheet was the standard 200'x85'. The powder blue at the base of the dasher boards might have made it look bigger.

Had to check and you are correct, sir. Interesting. I simply mis-remember. Perhaps it was a combination of the slightly larger ice and the ice quality, or that Real Cloutier and JF Sauve weren't very big.  :lol:

Had to check and you are correct, sir. Interesting. I simply mis-remember. Perhaps it was a combination of the slightly larger ice and the ice quality, or that Real Cloutier and JF Sauve weren't very big.  :lol:

You got Taro-ed. It's OK. You won't be the last. I was going to go after him about the original media guide having the Aud ice at 195, not 196 feet. But surely Taro worked at the print shop that printed the guide and knows it was a typo because the man setting the lead type that day was hungover.

But it does lead to this interesting question. How could two (or two and a half) feet make that much difference at either end? (I've also read that the neutral zone was smaller than regulation and the end zones were standard.)

The small rinks are gone now, but those small rinks greatly affected play according to Tony McKegney, who spent the first four seasons of his NHL career (1978-83) in Buffalo playing at the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium, which featured an ice surface that measured 185 feet by 85 feet. Buffalo had a fast-skating team in those days and had a significant home-ice advantage that affected goaltenders like Liut. 

The Buffalo rink had a shorter surface between the blue lines, which changed the Sabres' strategy. 

"Yeah, actually we got used to the small rink and we used to really go after people," McKegney said. "We used to forecheck really well there, we got used to it. It was to our advantage to be at home. When we got to the big rink, we had a pretty good skating team, so for us it was actually going to a large ice surface like Montreal or Quebec or a lot of different rinks, it was easier for us to go into those rinks. It gave us more room, more freedom, you adjust to it. We had a good team, so we could play well anywhere." 

In Buffalo, the space between the blue lines caused the problem.

"That was the shortest thing, that was the part that was the toughest to adjust to, between those two lines," McKegney said. 

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=501626

But if your name is K8, and you enter out pageant, you can compete for our prize of bride of first pick!

p.s. You should change picture to something less attractive. Tim makes me happy because, you see, we were lovers...and he did more well than whom we are now, so it is maybe futile, tee hee!

:D :D :D

My wife has an open mind , she used play both side.. I'm game .. .. But a player like Bert is going to have higher expectations than little ole me and I'm selfish . I won't be sharing my other half ..

By the reaction I suspect you rival has the inside track .. Im a sucker for a mystery .

I don't think they would let me put a picture of a white shield and works (my downfall that let me read all this) .. So anyway. I did like the video, it reminded me of sitting in the oranges and watching amazing plays... And the sound of stomping cups as we left .. Awesome .

I was a Rico fan but stood amazed Everytime Perrault did his thing.

I really want to see the shoeny fight when he kicked the crap out of Orr in the zamboni tunnel..

Never saw anything like that either

...I really want to see the shoeny fight when he kicked the crap out of Orr in the zamboni tunnel.. Never saw anything like that either

You're thinking of Wayne Cashman and yes, that would be fun to see. I remember listening to it on the radio.

GO SABRES!!!

Well, my morning just became completely unproductive.

Funny. I forgot how tough Dudley was. Thanks for the zamboni fight. I think I was like 9 years old . I was in awe. It seemed like it lasted forever but it was short . I saw the Orr fight but I am not as sure if I saw it on tv. Strange how selective my memory is . That team wouldn't take any crap. The Luce fight was interesting. Saw Gilbert scrap once but it was short . Thanks, thats 30 minutes well spent this morning..I was young but I remember it was just about defending each other especially the Flyers .

Ok .. Anybody have the 14 to 2 capitals game or the time Martin knocked over a goalie with a point blank slap shot.

Edited by K8prisoner

I found this the yesterday linked to the Sabres-Senators brawl.

30 minutes of old fights, and it looks like there's a three more of 30 minutes each.

Peca and Tucker looked personal. Instead of the wonderlich the sabres should test any rooks on their history by watching these so that bruin disgrace never happens . Everyone knew the history that night except our players. It was amazing the effect that had on this franchise that never let that happen.

Every goal scorer owes their room to skate from these guys . That lucic thing really blows now after seeing the team defend itself for so long.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.