Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Some poster over at TBD got to spend the day with the Bills' staff and was there for the entire interview. Has some pretty cool pictures to go with it

This article is tremendous. 

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/14/rex-ryan-buffalo-bills-new-york-jets/

I, for one, welcome our new sh*t-talking overlord. 

Thanks for the link d4rk

And the bold, I agree  :lol:

Edited by WildCard

One really interesting thing about that interview: it became very clear at the 5min mark just how disliked Marrone was in Buffalo. 

Rex-"First meeting, I talked about some things, some things I was only gonna talk about once..."

Q: "Like?"

Rex: "How I came to get this job and.....:"

(laughter)

Q: "Is it hard seeing a coach leave Buffalo (Marrone)?"

Thurman: "(very serious) Nope, not one bit. Not at all"

Of Marrone, Thurman says

“I don’t think it was a good fit,” he says of the former coach. “It got to the point where I didn’t want to come around because he was the head coach, but I still came around because I know a lot of the players."

Some really interesting quotes for those who don't want to read the whole thing:

The McCoy deal

The first steps of that journey were taken in West Palm Beach in early March, on Pegula’s yacht, Top Five. Whaley, the GM, and Brandon, the team president, were there, along with Ryan and the top lieutenants of his new coaching staff:..Confidence rose higher on the third day of the retreat. The group had just wrapped meetings and were on the back deck, drinking cabernet and smoking cigars, when Whaley’s phone rang. “Any interest in LeSean McCoy?” a representative from the Eagles asked.

Worry on the QB position (most interesting quote of this article IMO)

Roman, who spent the past four seasons as the 49ers’ offensive coordinator, isn’t panicking over the uncertainty at his most important position. “I’ve been down that road before,” he says. ““When I got to San Francisco, how many people do you think were calling to congratulate me? Nobody would touch Alex Smith with a hot poker. They said, ‘You’ve got no chance.’ Well, not so fast. We’ll figure it out

Roman on Rex and his relationship

“He (Rex) did call me (Roman) at one point and say, ‘The biggest mistake I ever made was not bringing you to New York.’ ”

Ryan rips Brady on throwing out first pitch, someone needs to remind him off seasons don't count, maybe that lesson will be taught later on this year, as for Thurman, he must have forgot what a moody cuss he was when he played, what the H ell going on around Buffalo teams, is there a  push to change the teams name Buffalo Rippers, I wonder I really do

Ryan rips Brady on throwing out first pitch, someone needs to remind him off seasons don't count, maybe that lesson will be taught later on this year, as for Thurman, he must have forgot what a moody cuss he was when he played, what the H ell going on around Buffalo teams, is there a push to change the teams name Buffalo Rippers, I wonder I really do

Just a friendly tip - try to use some more punctuation and spacing to help make your posts more understandable. I have trouble understanding some.

As for the Rex comments on Brady: he was having fun.

Just a friendly tip - try to use some more punctuation and spacing to help make your posts more understandable. I have trouble understanding some.

As for the Rex comments on Brady: he was having fun.

I think we should go back to having coaches and players who barely had a pulse. That was way better.

UB professor find a better ways to make a schedule that won't screw the Bills over

The chart provides a summation of their most notable finding. Since the eight-division format began in 2002, some teams have played more than twice as many games against better-rested opponents -- either coming off a bye or a Thursday night game -- than others. The Bills had the most (29), and the Cincinnati Bengals were given the fewest (14). In 2013, the Bills had five such games; the division rival New England Patriots had none.

It seems obvious that a team with more rest than its opponent has an inherent advantage. To quantify the competitive impact, the researchers looked at a five-season span from 2009-13. Over that period, the NFL's average win percentage when playing a team with more rest was 44.7 -- about four percentage points lower than the average win percentage against all opponents. In 2010, notably, the difference was 14 percentage points.http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/166141/inside-slant-innovating-the-nfl-schedule

Someone at work just used the phrase "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater" in an email.  I had to really fight the urge to respond with "show me the baby".

That's odd, I used the phrase a week or so in an email. It's not something I use often. Or more than a handful of times in my career.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.