Sabres at Senators 12-29-2014 7:30PM

biodork

I think Nikita may have moved into my "not for sale" group tonight. He was the best Sabre on the ice.

Also, McKee was a very good bodychecker that overlapped with Peca but was still here for a few years after Peca was traded.

I drew the McKee comparison tonight. I think it works. God this team has missed a good checking defenseman.

Grigorenko, Stewart and Hodgson have actually been able to create a few things offensively.

But they are a white-knuckle ride in our end (and it ain't the kid's fault).

Grigorenko looked good in the D-zone tonight, and I groaned multiple times at his linemates for A)sucking at offense B)sucking at defense and C)sucking at hockey.

They have hashish in Montreal?

Yep.

Please, just retire, 36. It's not worth it. It's really not. You're not going to be here if/when the Sabres are contenders, and you are hurting your future, bigtime.

Yes, please god man,

It's. the. Players.

Yep. Yep. Yep. You've been saying it so long that it should be the banner on the website by now.

Entertaining game tonight. Both teams skated hard except the Sabres in the 3rd period (which is to be expected in the second night of a b2b),

Zadorov has the "destroying people" instinct. He knows when and how to do it. The Sabres made out like bandits in the 2013 draft. Can't wait to see what Bailey, Compher, and Hurley become. It could possibly become the best draft in Sabres history. (Even better than us getting Eichel and Tuch in the upcoming draft, which we will,)

Grigorenko looked good in the D-zone tonight, and I groaned multiple times at his linemates for A)sucking at offense B)sucking at defense and C)sucking at hockey.

Yep.

Yes, please god man,

Yep. Yep. Yep. You've been saying it so long that it should be the banner on the website by now.

Entertaining game tonight. Both teams skated hard except the Sabres in the 3rd period (which is to be expected in the second night of a b2b),

Zadorov has the "destroying people" instinct. He knows when and how to do it. The Sabres made out like bandits in the 2013 draft. Can't wait to see what Bailey, Compher, and Hurley become. It could possibly become the best draft in Sabres history. (Even better than us getting Eichel and Tuch in the upcoming draft, which we will,)

I felt bad for Grigorenko because he would dig the puck out and his linemates would be in no position to receive a pass. I thought he looked good last night and more engaged than in the past. His growth is good.

Alex Tuch was drafted 18th overall by Minnesota in 2014

Edited by LGR4GM

I felt bad for Grigorenko because he would dig the puck out and his linemates would be in no position to receive a pass. I thought he looked good last night and more engaged than in the past. His growth is good.

I counted about 3 of those in the 3rd alone where he worked hard to get the puck back, gained control of it, then would look for an outlet to no avail. He'd throw it in front and no one was home for one reason or another. Stewart looked ok out there, Hodgson started stronger then fell into his defensive troubles and practically vanished by the 3rd.

Brian Flynn probably had his worst game in a Sabres jersey last night, he was trying to do to much and be cutesy about it and it cost us dearly.

I agree Deslaurier looked under the weather, he seemed a step off all night.

The GEM line took 10 of the 21 Sabres' shots last night. G5-E4-M1 respectively.

Zadorov was a 0 +/- with 24 minutes of ice time, he'd played 26 min against the NYI. Not to mention the assist and his solid checking game.

On the first OTT goal I believe.... it seemed as Moulson was lost on what to do seeing as he lacked a stick thus stood there while Girgs likely hadn't noticed Moulson's predicament until it was too late. But they made up for it later after all.

Except it wasn't even the second night of a b2b game.

Yeah that...

It wasn't even the first night of a b2b..........

yeah that

Can you all ###### off? Posting whilst being the liquor is tough stuff.

Alex Tuch was drafted 18th overall by Minnesota in 2014

And you, you can ###### off too.

Edited by qwksndmonster

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.