GDT:Islanders at Sabres 12-27-2014 7PM

Brawndo

Grigorenko still has much to learn. Patience, he will take longer to make an impact. Zemgus is the exception, Mikhail is the rule.

Grigs has stepped up his game a lot. Now he just blends in. Hopefully he will top out much higher and be a difference maker.

The Sabres centers were fantastic on the faceoff dot: 64% for the game.

These guys have character and hustle. Like watching them play. No mailing it in for them. They might have a bad period or two but they hustle.

Agree. Say what you will about TN, but he sure coaches teams that are endearing to the fans.

I bet Drew Stafford gets signed again

He speaks like a man who has seen some things. That interview just now really caught my attention. There's an interesting relief in his voice, like he's happy to be playing with teammates who care.

I think Drew is a looking glass. How Drew feels is how the team feels. Maybe I've been looking at him wrong all these years.

Nice kick to the balls of PHam when he asked if Nolan thought about benching Stewart after that penalty in the 1st, LOL!

He speaks like a man who has seen some things. That interview just now really caught my attention. There's an interesting relief in his voice, like he's happy to be playing with teammates who care.

I think Drew is a looking glass. How Drew feels is how the team feels. Maybe I've been looking at him wrong all these years.

I bet Drew Stafford gets signed again

I'd like to see him re-signed. Same goes for Stewart, I've been saying that about Stewart all year.

I noticed that as well, he seemed genuinely happy they won. And even joked about them being unable beat teams with skill. I wonder if the old core had become defeatist and this team being young and rambunctious has won Stafford over in some sense.

This game was fun to watch and great to see the youngsters plugging away at the 3 goal defecit. I loved seeing the fans give them a standing ovation; they honestly deserved it.

Bottom ten teams have always, and will always, get the backup goalies. Just like we will give our backup goalies to the bottom teams when we're a good team. And even now, if we had a clear starter/backup. That's how it goes. Of course we do better against them, they're worse. It's not as if it's an unexpected, overlooked part of a tank. You can't be in competition for last and not face a big amount of backup goalies. Don't see the issue one way or another.

Worst case is the proverbial 9th place in the conference, not being in the middle seeing as we still get a top 10 pick. In some ways we have pulled off in 1 year what Edmonton has been trying to accomplish in 7; a hard working team that facilitates the entry of young skilled players. We may have bottomed out a year early, but it is a good sign we aren't still as bad in regards to player development.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.