GDT: Panthers @ Sabres, 12/13/2014, 7:00 pm, MSG

I am Defecting

I tried to have a twitter once and genuinely couldn't figure it out. It was the most confusing thing of all time to me. Even know when I see a tweet that has someone replying"@blabla text text text @blabla2 textststst" i have no idea how to read it

And i'v heard harrington is a sensitive one

Harrington is old school and can't cope with the fact that regular fans can talk back to him on Twitter. Don't they understand that he is the professional sports watcher? HIs opinions matter!

In the last 6 games that Meszaros has started, he's been a plus 5, and the Sabres are 5-1. But don't tell that the Panthers Defenseman Willie Mitchell.

When asked for comment on the Sabres recent turn of form, the Panthers captain quipped:

"Even a blind squirrel finds and acorn sometimes. They're nothin' but blind squirrels, Yankee scum, if you ask me. It's long been our divine privilege, and downright pleasure to put a whoopin' on those boys every dang time they show their ugly faces. Ain't no Meszaros, or any other scrub that they line up, gonna change that fact."

Honestly, the more I hear from these Panthers, the less I like them.

Interesting factoid: did you know that John Brown, the man who attacked Harpers Ferry with a band of 19 men, is buried in New York State? It's true. John Brown's body lies moulderin' in the grave, in North Elba, NY.

That probably makes John Brown a Sabres fan, and we can use all the help we can get.

I had a chance to mention the fact to another well known Sabres fan, Maj. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant. Here's what he had this to say about the current situation:

"I have often heard my father speak of John Brown, particularly since the events a Harper's Ferry. Brown was a boy when they lived in the same house, but he knew him afterwards, and regarded him as a man of great purity of character, of high moral and physical courage, but a fanatic and extremist in whatever he advocated. It was certainly the act of an insane man to attempt the invasion of the South, and the overthrow of slavery with less than twenty men. The whole Grand Union Army, will tonight be rooting for his team, our team, the Sabres, most vigorously."

Edited by Yuri Olesha

Harrington is old school and can't cope with the fact that regular fans can talk back to him on Twitter. Don't they understand that he is the professional sports watcher? HIs opinions matter!

This and the fact the Sabres have the audacity to allow bloggers into his press box. The nerve of this organization

If I knew to post tweets id share, but I saw mike Harrington tweets of zadorov saying while he loves his country, he's playing in the greatest league in the world and wants to help the team keep winning

Murray did say the other day, if he did not want to go it was his decision

This and the fact the Sabres have the audacity to allow bloggers into his press box. The nerve of this organization

And the fact that the Sabres have tended to give scoops, and preferential access to bloggers, rather than to the reporters at the News. Bloggers are easier to control, you see. Much easier. Give them a press pass, and they'll be your loyal soldiers.

As an organization, bloggers can get anything you want them to say out in front of readers. You say tank, we say tank. Tank. (Tank!) Tank (Tank!) Hand a blogger a piece of paper, and they'll think they're breaking real news. Didn't Ted Black used to (still does) brief them on what to say? (Maybe not all bloggers.)

Newspaper reporters are different. (Maybe not all newspaper reporters.)

Mike also got OSP to admit his only charge to Larry and Darcy was to break even. Guys like that in the media are important. Where would we be with all Ed Kilgores? Oh yeah...

The dislike for Harrington has nothing to do with his taking management to task. It has to do with him being a buffoon and a self-righteous turd to fans.

The dislike for Harrington has nothing to do with his taking management to task. It has to do with him being a buffoon and a self-righteous turd to fans.

I don't tweet, or read many tweets, unless they get retweeted here, and stuff, but it sounds like Harrington should get off of twitter. Is that it?

I don't tweet, or read many tweets, unless they get retweeted here, and stuff, but it sounds like Harrington should get off of twitter. Is that it?

Pretty much. He trolls Twitter and then blocks trolls. I lost all respect for him and Sullivan when they ganged up on Pegula the day they broke ground on the Harbor Center.

After a hard fought win against the Redwings last night, Panthers coach Gerard Gallant didn't seem too concerned about facing the Sabres on short rest. "It doesn't really matter,' he said. 'We might not pad the stats as much as usual, but we're still really confident it will be an easy one."

When asked to speak on Tallon's controversial comments regarding the recent snowstorm, coach Gallant responded, "Tallon's a good straight shooter, and I agree with him 120% Those people did deserve to die, and their whole state's a joke, really. In fact, my big problem with this whole America concept is that the wrong side won the Civil War. Maybe that whole snowstorm thing is just a friendly reminder on that issue."

Are you kidding me?

No?

Well, then you asked for it!

Unleash the Battle Hymn!!!

En ###### Garde, you Johhny Reb piece of ######!

391ba731cdfd6484a5dd2f1298752d75.jpg?itok=L_AkAJu8

I certainly hope this is made up... which I would assume based on the lac of a link and the extremeness of its statement.

I certainly hope this is made up... which I would assume based on the lac of a link and the extremeness of its statement.

Well, I was a little skeptical of the information too at first, until I received an advanced copy of Nolan's pre-game speech:

Four years and two score ago our founders brought forth on this continent, a new franchise, conceived in Victory, and dedicated to the proposition that all teams are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great Civil War, testing whether that franchise, or any franchise so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a Great Message Board of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that board, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that franchise might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this board. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this management, under God, shall have a new birth of Chutzpah -- and that stunning victories of the Sabres, by the Sabres, for the Sabres, shall not perish from the Earth.

Edited by Yuri Olesha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.