McEichel really?

beerme1

Just a couple of random thought about the McEichels:

I'm sure Eichel would look more dominant playing teenagers.

I'm also sure McDavid wouldn't look quite as good playing against young men in their twenties.

I get your point, but I wonder how much weight it carries?

Weight in what regards? As in will Eichel be viewed more favorably because he plays against older competition or will McDavid be viewed more favorably because he's smoking lesser competition?

Yes.

Campy's argument that McDavid wouldn't look as good against older kids and Eichel would be more dominant playing in the OHL. What's the formula for the weighting measure?

I happen to think the Eichel would look better against younger kids also. But by how much? Shouldn't Armia be better because he "played with men" before coming to the AHL? I don't think that theory holds much water though because it didn't translate to the ice. Of course we never saw his games.

I disagree with the premise about McDavid and maybe that's because I see him in a better light. I believe he could step up and still have a big impact and be dominant in whatever the college rank is that Eichel's in, even the AHL for that matter.

McDeichel!

Please remember the "D" from now on. It sounds better and makes a lot more sense.

GO SABRES!!!

It does not. Insert the D and see ######. I don't think ###### when I think of either one of these guys.

Just a couple of random thought about the McEichels:

I'm sure Eichel would look more dominant playing teenagers.

I'm also sure McDavid wouldn't look quite as good playing against young men in their twenties.

This is why everybody is looking forward seeing them in the World Juniors. It will be an even playing field. Hopefully McDavid is a full go by then.

Yes.

Campy's argument that McDavid wouldn't look as good against older kids and Eichel would be more dominant playing in the OHL. What's the formula for the weighting measure?

I happen to think the Eichel would look better against younger kids also. But by how much? Shouldn't Armia be better because he "played with men" before coming to the AHL? I don't think that theory holds much water though because it didn't translate to the ice. Of course we never saw his games.

I disagree with the premise about McDavid and maybe that's because I see him in a better light. I believe he could step up and still have a big impact and be dominant in whatever the college rank is that Eichel's in, even the AHL for that matter.

When you dominate kids your age like McDavid is, that talent translates. Also remember that the juniors have quite a few very talented 19yr olds and a couple of 20yr olds. It isn't like he is playing against 16yr old kids. It doesn't really matter much for either player. Eichel will get the benefit of less games and more weight training but McDavid will play more games in which he can showcase skills.

As for the Armia thing, you need to remember that the international ice surface makes the game vastly different. That is why there is a struggle/adjustment period for euros to the NA game. Well that and the fact in NA the game is very physical.

But why did he include Jordan Schroeder on that list? lol major NHL bust

Without knowing the deets of the list, I'm guessing it's because they want to provide a true statistical analysis which should include all data points, good and bad. Cherry picking the data to compare him with only good NHL players isn't a good analysis.

By the hand of God

@twolinepass: eichel scores into an empty net. 15 points in eight games. PA guy announces him as "jake"

It is Boston, where words go to die

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.