Mike Weber benching???

LabattBlue

He's a boarderline starter to begin with. My guess is he didn't play the next game due to that and the Sabres won so TN went with the same lineup. They played well enough to win last night too so if Zads isn't too sore I wouldn't be surprised they go with the same lineup again (regardless of how Foligno is).

I believe it was after the Pittsburgh blowout that Weber was only one of 3 Sabres to face the media while the majority of his teammates ran and hid. He was very candid, blasting away. The result...he gets benched the next two games.

Enquiring minds want to know.

He and Benoit were both benched. I think the plan was just to punish them for one game but then they played well and won so the lineup stayed the same. I'll bet one of them is back in for the next game in place of Strachan.

He and Benoit were both benched. I think the plan was just to punish them for one game but then they played well and won so the lineup stayed the same. I'll bet one of them is back in for the next game in place of Strachan.

Benoit should be seated on whatever portion of the bench that has contact cement applied to it.

Weber is the meanest defenseman the Sabs have. We all know he's not exceptionally skilled, but he'll put a stick into someone's back before anyone else will. I don't understand the hatred. I'm with you, Blue.

He was the only one who stuck up for Enroth after Crosby tripped him in the crease, he needs to be out there.

But Zemgus will put that stick to even more effective use...

Let me know when that happens, in terms of standing up for teammates. Z certainly can use his stick to score, pass, whatever, on a better level--no question. But Weber is the meanest man on the team right now, and has been for some time.

Let me know when that happens, in terms of standing up for teammates. Z certainly can use his stick to score, pass, whatever, on a better level--no question. But Weber is the meanest man on the team right now, and has been for some time.

After all this time and roster change over you'd think there would be more than just Weber that stands tall.

Rilly some truth to howz yer aposta play inna burgh.

Are you having a stroke? Do you want me to call 911? SPEAK TO ME!!!!!

Anyways, Weber has been the 7th best defender on a terrible team and that sucks for him but is reality. Zadorov in time I think will take weber's place as far as mauling you if you touch his GT. Benoit never need play another game for us.

Anyways, Weber has been the 7th best defender on a terrible team and that sucks for him but is reality. Zadorov in time I think will take weber's place as far as mauling you if you touch his GT. Benoit never need play another game for us.

Zadorov hasn't shown anything to indicate he will be more than hard hitting.

No hate for Weber from me. But when when this ship turns, I don't think he will be on it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.