Mike Weber benching???

LabattBlue

No hate for Weber from me. But when when this ship turns, I don't think he will be on it.

Sadly no. Weber will drown when the SS Regier makes her final lurch to starboard and sinks below the waves of Lake Erie. The USS Timothy Murray will only have room to take on Risto, Zadorov, McCabe, Pysyk, Myers, and Gorges.

He's a tough dude no doubt. But my mental image of him is standing somewhere behind the net befuddled while an opponent is standing wide open for a shot in front of the net.

I've had to post about this at least 2 dozen times by now but here goes... Again. Weber is best when paired with a puck moving D. His best days were when he was getting 16 minutes a night with sekera. There meat puppets on the roster now ain't helping him. Play him in a limited role., he's just fine.

Weber hasn't shown to be good at hockey

OK. That in no way is related to the post I was responding to. But thanks for the opinion.

Zadorov actually has quite a bit of offensive upside. He just hasn't adjusted to the NHL yet for it to come through.

Aargh. Poorly worded on my part I guess. My response was related to Liger indicating that Zad will take over the role as the ruffian on D from Weber. I'd like it, but until he shows an angry streak and drops the mitts I am reluctant to agree.

OK. That in no way is related to the post I was responding to. But thanks for the opinion.

Aargh. Poorly worded on my part I guess. My response was related to Liger indicating that Zad will take over the role as the ruffian on D from Weber. I'd like it, but until he shows an angry streak and drops the mitts I am reluctant to agree.

Ah. I think he's got it in him, but I think he's being careful to not do anything that might cost him a spot on the roster. Kid obviously wants all the minutes he can get and sitting in the box won't get him there.

I've had to post about this at least 2 dozen times by now but here goes... Again. Weber is best when paired with a puck moving D. His best days were when he was getting 16 minutes a night with sekera. There meat puppets on the roster now ain't helping him. Play him in a limited role., he's just fine.

I agree

He's ok at it. He's really good at hitting and making the other team not want to do things. I'll take that on my team.

And a very good point.

If anyone on the other team is looking for trouble or a fight, they'll find it ready and on tap with Mike Weber. You need a few players like that on any team, almost irrespective of skill level.

Mike Weber is a terrible NHL defenseman. He will not be in the NHL next year, guaranteed. I like him tho, he's a straight up guy, works hard, etc... but the NHL is just too fast for him. He late on his reads, late picking up sticks and getting in passing lanes. God bless him, but he's not NHL caliber. HE WAS A -29 last year people!

Ah. I think he's got it in him, but I think he's being careful to not do anything that might cost him a spot on the roster. Kid obviously wants all the minutes he can get and sitting in the box won't get him there.

I hope your optimism is correct, but until I see it happen even once I can't say I expect it in the future.

He's only played a few games. I think it's safe to give him some time.

I'm not sure he's been in more that 1 or 2 scraps in junior. I seem to recall him saying something about having to learn that part of the game. Let's actually see it before expecting it.

Out of curiosity: Do you folks think he's worse than Benoit? I don't.

Weber? No. But their games are very different. If Nolan feels he needs more puck movement from the back end I think it is a legit reason.

Or maybe he's just trying to get every one time to keep team morale up. If that is the case, :blink:

I think he is better than Mez, Benoit & Strachan.

Orange cones would be better. At least they get in the way.

Myers and Gorges are better than Weber.

After that, he's just another one of six guys that (right now) are basically filler.

Exactly. This team is missing 3-4 NHL caliber defenseman. Until Risto, Z, Pysyk and McCabe are ready, it will be ugly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.