Kaleta

Marvelo

I'll take the over. Kaleta has had some bad luck with injuries but if the rest of the team played with half the heart that he showed this team wouldn't be able to tank. The reckless abandon he plays with is fun to watch and will definitely make games more interesting with him in the lineup.

@BNHarrington: Kaleta on return: "It's hard to put into words. You guys have no idea how much this means to me ... to suit up and play for the #Sabres."

@BNHarrington: Kaleta said fiancé woke him up every 3 hours for meds after facial injury. Fred Jackson brought milkshake & provided eye black, shield tints.

@BNHarrington: More Kaleta: "I despise losing. I don't like people talking about tanking the season. I hate that. A competitor hates to lose." #Sabres

Well it was his first shift I believe and he started jabbering at people. So tomorrow night I expect him to do a few things. Be an agitating pest.

Take his helmet off when someone challenges him after a hit. Block at least one shot, and ultimately miss a guy that he skates across ice to hit on the boards and plasters himself against the glass causing an injury to himself.

• 3 months later...

Kaleta is true native blood Buffalo born guy and I always enjoyed watching him represent the team with his guts and edgy play. But his antics grew thin in the league and they started hounding him, he started compromising as a player, then he had a horrific bunch of injuries, capped off by getting hit in the face with a shot. He isn't a young guy anymore and has a lot of miles and enemies. Just retire please before he gets injured badly again.

Please retire after the season?

Kaleta is still a good 4th line player who plays the PK. He gets hurt because he plays hard every game. If he feels healthy enough to compete next year the Sabres should bring him back.

Exactly. He gets injured quite a bit but that's because he plays with reckless abandon. He hits, plays defense, fights, stands up for his teammates, kills penalties, and stops pucks with his face. He still has a place on this team on the 4th line with guys like Deslauriers and McCormick. I'd rather see him on the 4th line at $1+ million than see Hodgson trudging along out there on the 4th line at $4+ million.

? wtf?

This "he's too banged up to play" theory is mind-boggling. He's 28. If he's banged up he can heal.

He finishes every check (and big hits nonetheless), gives 110%, scraps when needed (and scraps well), , kills penalties, gives energy to the other players, has given 120% to the community, and is from buffalo. What more can you ask from a 4th liner?

I get the game but I hope this isn't saying what it seems like it is...

???..

Is your interpretation?  Barnaby?

At hospital, they said this was bad:   :wallbash:

I am sorry. I Forget Mantra:

BIG HITS!  HEAD WAS DOWN! NO CONSEQUENCES1

Good job, new defenseman.  

I made highly irrational comment.

My apologies.

I think he's done as a full-time Sabre.  Keep him on as a coach, a player-coach in Rochacha (which gives you the option to make him an emergency callup), that sort of thing.  But for whatever reason, he just doesn't / can't play the game without injury.  It's hard to depend on a guy who isn't there.

In Archive there is thread called "The Pat Kaleta Story," that prophesies players death, but also suggests healthier alternative.  It would require player to not play hockey in NHL.

More rational story, I am conditioned to believe, and subscribe to in writing, is to hope for Patrick to smash others in head again as soon as possible.  Get well soon!   :thumbsup:

inkman, on 18 Feb 2015 - 11:47 PM, said:

If this ends the way I think it's going to end, this will be Tim Kennedy X 1,000,000,000.

You know what, I think it's reasonable to consider it might be that way, but I think a lot of Sabre's fans realize that the guy should probably give up.  Unlike Kennedy, who, at the time, was on the upswing of whatever career he's scratched out in the pros, we've seen Kaleta get injured too many times to remember, suspended numerous times, targeted by players and refs.  I think it will be a far more measured response than to what happened with Kennedy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.