Leino Speaks About His Sabres Experience

Brawndo

My Buffalo time was pretty bad overall. I was disappointed for the players and the organization and I think they are going to be like that. It’s hard to play in the NHL if you don’t have a good team. Obviously, that was kind of a tough time but sometimes life goes hard and you have to bounce back."

What really happened in Buffalo? I mean, in Philadelphia it seemed like you career was on an upswing, you play fantastic hockey and then you sign in Buffalo and things don’t quite work out…

"There’s a huge difference between teams. NHL is hard, you have to have chemistry, a good line, you have to have a good team to win, a good coach and GM and everything in place. Like we were just talking about those great organizations, Philly, Detroit, they were that, Buffalo is not that. They, well, during my time they fired two coaches, GM had to go, they just have 2-3 players that used to be there when I got there. They are going to struggle for the next couple of years. It seems like everything went wrong, I mean, I was injured all the time and then, obviously, I had a lot of pressure with the money and I think the last year, they were just trying to get through it and buy me out after the season anyway. I could sense that, I knew it was coming. It’s hard to play when everything goes against you every day and you don’t kind of know what the situation is so I’m just glad that’s over with."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ville-leino-does-not-remember-buffalo-fondly-135215250.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

First Ehrhoff and now Leino. Terry owns everything except those decisions.

What's the problem with Ehrhoff? The guy didn't want to stick around for a rebuild at his age. Can't blame him. It's not like he didn't play well here.

Until someone shows me a connection between Pegula and Leino, I'm not buying that he had anything to do with it..

This organization is a train wreck.... Right now..... But these guys make millions to do something we'd prolly all love to do.... I went to school for a decade + to go to a job I don't really like, and I whine less about it than many athletes. These guys need to realize the position they are in and how lucky they really are

Edited by wyldnwoody44

This organization is a train wreck.... Right now..... But these guys make millions to do something we'd prolly all love to do.... I went to school for a decade + to go to a job I don't really like, and I whine less about it than many athletes. These guys need to realize the position they are in and how lucky they really are

I'm pretty sure, though, that if you worked at a hospital where there was feces and blood all over the floor with a 100% mortality rate for anyone who came in, and then you went to one that was clean and hopeful where people were actually saved, you'd complain about the former as well, even if they were still paying you a boatload of money.

I'm pretty sure, though, that if you worked at a hospital where there was feces and blood all over the floor with a 100% mortality rate for anyone who came in, and then you went to one that was clean and hopeful where people were actually saved, you'd complain about the former as well, even if they were still paying you a boatload of money.

Does the feces hospital have pizza logs?

What's the problem with Ehrhoff? The guy didn't want to stick around for a rebuild at his age. Can't blame him. It's not like he didn't play well here.

Until someone shows me a connection between Pegula and Leino, I'm not buying that he had anything to do with it..

It's a circumstantial case, yes. But I take it you do accept the idea that it was Terry who pushed for Ehrhoff? Doesn't seem like it would be a huge leap to think the same way about the Leino signing. Did it seem like Regier's M.O., or was someone else holding the brush?

I know I could get a conviction if Judge Smell's backload of cases ever eased. Hey, with the recent spate of Kim Pegula photos, maybe that has already happened. heyooo.

Eat my taint, Ville. Maybe the team wouldn't have been such a disaster had your worthless ass performed even in the ###### slightest.

Guy whines about not being able to perform because of the environment here yet nobody else wanted his ###### ass so he went and signed with some piddly ass Russian league team. Yeah, Russia is a ###### BEACON of stability.

God, what a detestable piece of ###### that guy is. Never wanted him to begin with.

Edited by TheMatrix31

Spurned lover? it's the eat my taint that tipped me off

No. Not every comment made with passion is "Did he ###### your wife or something?" "Dude, you need to get laid." "Did he run over your cat?"

Just pissed that this jabroni stole all that money, didn't do a damn thing to live up to it, and then blames it on the team as if it's their fault, even though he can't even get another job in the NHL.

I ###### hate when people on the internet reply with stupid ass, trite ###### like that.

Edited by TheMatrix31

Lol I'm in the business of baby delivery, every hospital's maternity ward has feces and blood all over the floor. I know what you mean and I see where you're coming from, but I don't feel bad for the guy in the least bit. It'd be like me botching a procedure then turning around and blaming the 2nd year resident

And yes pizza logs account for 3% of the hospital profits ;)

Just pissed that this jabroni stole all that money.

And still stealing a fabulous fortune. Per Cap Geek;

• 2014-15: $1,722,222
  • 2015-16: $2,222,222
  • 2016-17: $2,222,222
  • 2017-18: $1,222,222
  • 2018-19: $1,222,222
  • 2019-20: $1,222,222

That's right. He's one of the highest paid people in the world, paid to sit on his ass and do absolutely NOTHING, and write memoirs about his "bad experience" at the Sabres.

And astonishingly, his pay goes UP next year to 2.2 million. Incredible.

Lol I'm in the business of baby delivery, every hospital's maternity ward has feces and blood all over the floor. I know what you mean and I see where you're coming from, but I don't feel bad for the guy in the least bit. It'd be like me botching a procedure then turning around and blaming the 2nd year resident

And yes pizza logs account for 3% of the hospital profits ;)

Yeah, I was justy sayin'. While I do understand what where he is coming from, and it is pretty telling about the Sabres organization what he and Erhrhrhrhrhroff said,… STFU Ville. Good teams are made up good players who play good [sic]. You weren't good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.