Zadorov?

pi2000

Kevin Oklobzija@kevinoDandC 17s17 seconds ago

Per asst. GM Mark Jakubowski, #Sabres have only 2 choices with D Nikita Zadorov: keep him in NHL or send him to London of OHL.

Kevin Oklobzija@kevinoDandC 23s24 seconds ago

More on Nikita Zadorov from #Sabres asst. GM Mark Jakubowski: "He is under contract to London and that's the only place we can send him."

0 replies0 retweets0 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

It all makes sense to me.

The Sabres only have two options with the CBA and all the league agreements - keep him at the NHL level or release him back to the OHL.

The OHL must have an agreement with the KHL, based on Zadorov's agent, where the KHL needs to approve a player to play in the OHL. In the case of Zadorov; they do not currently have that approval which would mean that he would have to go play in the KHL.

Does this mean that Zadarov had a signed contract with St. Petersburg before he went to London? If not, how does St. Petersburg have control?

The exact same way we have control. They drafted him and the IIHL transfer agreement makes KHL rights take precedent over the OHL rights. He didn't need to sign a contact to do this, he just needed to decide to turn pro.

It all makes sense to me.

The Sabres only have two options with the CBA and all the league agreements - keep him at the NHL level or release him back to the OHL.

The OHL must have an agreement with the KHL, based on Zadorov's agent, where the KHL needs to approve a player to play in the OHL. In the case of Zadorov; they do not currently have that approval which would mean that he would have to go play in the KHL.

That's what I thought as well.

The exact same way we have control. They drafted him and the IIHL transfer agreement makes KHL rights take precedent over the OHL rights. He didn't need to sign a contact to do this, he just needed to decide to turn pro.

Is the bolded confirmed, or your speculation? this is the sort of info I am requesting.

After perusing this thread I've come to a single logical conclusion... and that is he needs to stay in the NHL and play. Next season they can send him to Rochester if he still needs polish. Nolan says they've been working him hard in practice to point where he's getting mad because of all the conditioning drills they're putting him through. I would expect to see him play at some point on this road trip... wether that's due to injury or suckitude, we'll see him play here soon.

Nolan on with GR states he needs to earn ice time and has been OK in practice

Apparently Benoit, Mezaros and Weber have earned ice time. Replace those 3 with McCabe, Pysyk and Zadorov... instant upgrade, but we don't want that. Keep the tank rolling in the right direction.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.