Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

I am sorry to say there is no way the DD win any of their last three games.  It's up to Buffalo.  I am nervous.  One thing going for us is IF they manage to beat a good Columbus team they have to play the next day against Pittsburgh and they will be gassed.  Of course, knowing our luck, the game will mean nothing to the Penguins and they will rest their starting goalie.  We'll get outshot 40-20 but win 4-2.  That's Buffalo luck right there.  Please Columbus kick our buts!

Edited by smj

So were the sharks. had they won that game, they'd only be 3 points out.

Sharks are not as good as Calgary.

Columbus ended their 10 game winning streak with OT loss to Rangers. Hopefully they come back strong for their home crowd Friday.

Columbus ended their 10 game winning streak with OT loss to Rangers. Hopefully they come back strong for their home crowd Friday.

The Rangers are the top team in the East, it took extra time to decide and they're still 12-1-1 in their last 14.  Just let the game go the way that you'd expect, not be some gutty effort to beat the hottest team in the league in a race not to be the worst.

The Rangers are the top team in the East, it took extra time to decide and they're still 12-1-1 in their last 14.  Just let the game go the way that you'd expect, not be some gutty effort to beat the hottest team in the league in a race not to be the worst.

Exactly, I'm not worried in the slightest about these last two games. I'm disappointed it wasn't ended tonight because now we have to have another week of tank. 

Relax, we got this.

You know who you're talking to, right? I'm pretty sure we could win the lottery, 20 years later McDavid retires a career Sabre and an all time great with 3 Cups, and Robviously would still find a way to be negative.

Exactly, I'm not worried in the slightest about these last two games. I'm disappointed it wasn't ended tonight because now we have to have another week of tank.

Same, I just wanted it over tonight. Thanks Cam Ward. Anyway, just another reason to hate the Canes going forward.

You know who you're talking to, right? I'm pretty sure we could win the lottery, 20 years later McDavid retires a career Sabre and an all time great with 3 Cups, and Robviously would still find a way to be negative.

Same, I just wanted it over tonight. Thanks Cam Ward. Anyway, just another reason to hate the Canes going forward.

I just noticed your signature. I really think you should be showing some gratitude to Mr. Wilson if you're going to claim those accolades. 

Well ... he didn't win 4.

Current standings through games played 4/6.

Team         GP  L  W OT  PT MPP PR RPTC M# CPM

Buffalo      80 49 23  8 106 110  4   3   2 19.7

Arizona      79 47 24  8 102 108  6   7   9 13.4

Edmonton     79 43 23 13  99 105  6  --     11.7

Toronto      80 43 30  7  93  97  4  --      9.5

Carolina     79 39 29 11  89  95  6  --      8.4

Columbus     79 35 39  5  75  83  6  --      6.1

CPM per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/28 in PM

No clinching tonight. Next chance comes Tuesday night in Calgary as they host the DD's. Candy Canes (vs Detroit) and Eulers (hosting Dave & Zero) round out the CHL action.

And sportsclubstats dropped their chances from 49 out of 50 all the way down to a mere 24 out of 25.

Edited by Taro T

What is your basis for this?  What legitimately positive thing have I ever been negative about?  Before Tank skepticism, the main thing I did on this board was talk up Thomas Vanek and get into slap fights with nfreeman about how good he was in my view.  (Gosh, Aud Club, don't you long for those threads?)  And maybe the other thing was following prospects.  Neither trait is especially negative.  I was pretty negative about Regier and his complete lack of a plan to ever win us a Stanley Cup but that just seems accurate in retrospect -- especially when you think about how horribly this team botched things with Grigorenko.

As far as this season, I stand by my gloom.  The Sabres have a knack for this.  I'm not confident the Coyotes are going to win again, and the Sabres have two games left against teams that might not show up.

I just noticed your signature. I really think you should be showing some gratitude to Mr. Wilson if you're going to claim those accolades. 

The funnier part of his signature is that he has a quote about "objective truth" from a guy who got caught fabricating George W. Bush quotes in his Science presentations.  Nice role model, bro.

Was mainly an issue with shrader. Taro's post just showed that he didn't understand what I was saying. Shrader's follow up was an actual attempt at an insult.

The jockeying around here to be as clever, funny and occasionally insulting gets old. Instead of just asking for clarification everybody reaches immediately into their bag of quips.

Actually, Taro was quite correct in pointing out how wrong you were.  It would seem your reading comprehension was lacking when you replied to Shrader:

What are the chances of the Sabres losing the lottery two times in a row, assuming they finish dead last?  80%.

60%. Just multiply the probabilities. In this case it's .8 x .75

Taro accurately corrected you and gave you the reason why:

The bolded is correct, but your math is off. It is 0.8 * 1.0 = 0.8. (Assuming the Sabres get the 2 of 12 they need.) We know w/ 100% certainty that the Sabres lost last year's lottery; so the probability of losing twice ends up 80%.

Getting all worked up and pissy about it when you were quite clearly in the wrong is pretty puerile.  Grow up.

It's a shame this place is becoming unreadable like tsw. Hopefully it's just due to the negative effects of the tank, and things get better after the season ends

Murphy's Law, eh? Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. This board is fine. Has had to deal w/ a great deal of "suffering" since the Miller hit. The ship is being righted. Let's go w/ GoPre's Law. Anything that can go right, will go right. 

Nolan just said that Linback will likely start against Columbus.  If he starts all three and they miss out, I will place the blame squarely on Tim Murray.  Playing a backup on one of two back-to-backs, especially in a game on the road, is normal for any team.  To do otherwise, if going out of your way to not finish 30th.  Murray can't let that happen.

Edited by carpandean

The Sabres don't "have a knack for this" that should make you feel that pessimistic cause the only other time weve been in this situation, last year, you went doom and gloom just like now only to be wrong. After which you promised you wouldn't be like that again. But here we are.

You've said this before.  I don't remember promising anything so you're going to have to show me that post.  As far as other times the Sabres have been in "this situation", I think it's pretty safe to say losing in the second half of the year would have been better for the team than winning in the *three years* leading up to last year.  There's a reason the phrase "glorious run to 8th/9th place" caught on long before "Tank!" did. 

Nolan just said that Linback will likely start against Columbus. If he starts all three and they miss out, I will place the blame squarely on Tim Murray. Playing a backup on one of two back-to-backs, especially in a game on the road, is normal for any team. To do otherwise, if going out of your way to not finish 30th. Murray can't let that happen.

Murray is probably waiting to see what happens with the next two Arizona Games, if the Yotes shock the world it becomes a moot point. It is plainly obvious that Nolan has zero interest in the long term plan of this franchise.

Murray is probably waiting to see what happens with the next two Arizona Games, if the Yotes shock the world it becomes a moot point. It is plainly obvious that Nolan has zero interest in the long term plan of this franchise.

Murray's master plan of trying to finish 30th with a head coach who was 0% on board with that plan *and* 0% a part of the franchise's future probably wasn't the greatest.

Although I imagine Pegula probably wanted him around since he was a fan favorite from two decades ago.  

Edited by Robviously