Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Are they? We should be in first place...and we're in first place. There's always going to be some aberrations along the way, but the body of work is what we should expect.

Analytics are in our favor, but based on Corsi, Goal For and Against the gap should larger than 2 points.  

Enroth's Save Percentage was .950 against DAL, .931 against STL, .941 against MTL

Neuvirth Save Percentage was .935 against NYI 

These numbers are good for a 2-2 Record over the past 4 and are eerily similar to those of the November Losing Streak.  

We have an 82% Chance of finishing 30th before the Oilers game tonight, we are in the drivers seat but lets get this to the garage and move Enroth 

OILERS WITH THE LOSS!!

Edited by BRAWNDO

Analytics are in our favor, but based on Corsi, Goal For and Against the gap should larger than 2 points.  

Enroth's Save Percentage was .950 against DAL, .931 against STL, .941 against MTL

Neuvirth Save Percentage was .935 against NYI 

These numbers are good for a 2-2 Record over the past 4 and are eerily similar to those of the November Losing Streak.  

We have an 82% Chance of finishing 30th before the Oilers game tonight, we are in the drivers seat but lets get this to the garage and move Enroth 

OILERS WITH THE LOSS!!

I think what it comes down to is you can only expect an NHL team to be so bad before they sort of hit a floor they can't drop below. I know our difference in most stats relative to other teams is greater than our difference in the standings, but part of that is the wonky points system, and the rest is simply that we're an NHL team with enough NHL players to win some games. I just don't think it's reasonable for any non-expansion team to pace under 50 points.

Current standings through games played 2/9.

Team         GP L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC

Buffalo      54 35 16 3 73 129 56 53

Edmonton     54 30 15 9 69 125 56 57

Arizona      54 27 20 7 61 117 56 65

Carolina     52 26 19 7 59 119 60 66

Toronto      54 27 23 4 58 118 56 68

New Jersey   54 24 21 9 57 113 56 69

Columbus     52 26 23 3 55 115 60 73

Philadelphia 53 22 23 8 52 110 58 72

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

PR = Points Remaining

RPTC = Remaining Points needed to Clinch 1st Place (will necessarily be > than PR for all (w/ likely exception of team currently in 1st))

It was a good night for the Sabres as both the Eulers & the Desert Dogs brought home goose eggs.

5 squads in action tonight. Eulers can do Sabres a big favor taking 0 in regulation on the Island. Sabres host Otters; TO hosts the Lundqvist-less Rags; Filly in Hab-land; and the Desert Dogs playing beneath the Gateway Arch.

I think what it comes down to is you can only expect an NHL team to be so bad before they sort of hit a floor they can't drop below. I know our difference in most stats relative to other teams is greater than our difference in the standings, but part of that is the wonky points system, and the rest is simply that we're an NHL team with enough NHL players to win some games. I just don't think it's reasonable for any non-expansion team to pace under 50 points.

All excellent points.

If EDM had a slight improvement in goaltending over what they have had this far, the race for the CHL Championship would be over.

Nice SO Loss by the Yotes last night

All excellent points.

If EDM had a slight improvement in goaltending over what they have had this far, the race for the CHL Championship would be over.

Nice SO Loss by the Yotes last night

The Yotes are defying all odds and losing to inferior opponents.    I think they're the team to watch down the stretch since they admitted to be in full tank mode several weeks ago.    However, Mike Smith is playing so poorly of late they're losing to terrible teams like CHI and MTL on the road no less.     The more losses they can pile up now the better.     However, they have an easy stretch of games coming up, STL, SJ, NYR, COL, TB, while BUF has some tough matchups against PHI (twice) and NJ.    I expect the 12 point gap to close to maybe 5 or 6 by the end of the month.  

That said, if BUF has a lead of any kind heading into MAR, this thing is over.    BUF plays 9 of 13 on the road, while ARI starts the month with 6 straight home games and plays only 4 on the road in MAR.