Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Looking ahead the CBJ Backup's Backup has an 0-3 Record .864 Save Percentage and 4.85 GAA. Last game was Feb 14th. Any doubt he starts against the Sabres on Tuesday?

They just lost and are at home 11 points out.. Hope you are wrong but I wouldn't be surprised..

Current standings through games played 2/22.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      60 38 17  5 81 125 44 40   19.2

Edmonton     61 35 17 10 78 120 42 43   13.9

Arizona      59 32 20  7 71 117 46 50   11.8

Toronto      60 31 24  5 67 111 44 54    8.1

Carolina     58 30 21  7 67 115 48 54    9.1

New Jersey   59 26 24  9 61 109 46 60    6.7

Columbus     58 28 26  4 60 108 48 61    6.3

Philadelphia 60 23 26 11 57 101 44 64    4.4

CPM = Current probability of landing McDavid based off probabilities of finishing in a particular slot per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 2/22 in PM

Arizona @ Joisey only CHL action Monday night.

Edited by Taro T

Both Meszaros and Benoit were the definition of roster fillers when signed. I think Murray had at least a little hope that Meszaros would start creeping back towards his level of play before the injuries, and thus be a real chip at the deadline; but I don't think he expected much of anything out of Benoit other than to hold  a roster spot. I just don't think they wanted to be in a position where they *had* to ice three rookies because of a lack of bodies...essentially Meszaros and Benoit were brought in to be options and depth, with a slight hope one of them could be flipped at the deadline for a valuable future. Frankly I'd be disappointed in Murray if he thought both of these guys were going to move the needle much in terms of the quality of the team on the ice.

Both Meszaros and Benoit were the definition of roster fillers when signed. I think Murray had at least a little hope that Meszaros would start creeping back towards his level of play before the injuries, and thus be a real chip at the deadline; but I don't think he expected much of anything out of Benoit other than to hold  a roster spot. I just don't think they wanted to be in a position where they *had* to ice three rookies because of a lack of bodies...essentially Meszaros and Benoit were brought in to be options and depth, with a slight hope one of them could be flipped at the deadline for a valuable future. Frankly I'd be disappointed in Murray if he thought both of these guys were going to move the needle much in terms of the quality of the team on the ice.

I agree with this thought process but I don't believe Murray brought them in specifically because he knew they would be bad.  You are suggesting Murray thought they may have a neutral to slightly positive effect versus the prevailing theory that Murray knew they would be bad and designed the team to negative.  I think Murray has been disappointed with how they have played and actually wishes they were better.  

I agree with this thought process but I don't believe Murray brought them in specifically because he knew they would be bad.  You are suggesting Murray thought they may have a neutral to slightly positive effect versus the prevailing theory that Murray knew they would be bad and designed the team to negative.  I think Murray has been disappointed with how they have played and actually wishes they were better.  

I would argue that bringing in two players to be a lateral or tiny upgrade from the likes of McBain, by definition, means he expected them to be awful.

I don't thnk it brought them in because he knew they would be this bad, but I'm certain he chose them over others because they would not be that good.

I'm digging the whole red flavor our board has taken on but I have no idea who you are.

I was just going to ask the same thing. I remember the avatar, but these full-on Russian names are just jibberish to me. We need americanized-russian names comrade.

Edit: P.s. Я знаю физика = I Know Physics

Edited by Tchaikovsky по Boyes

Magic Numbers for games played through 2/23

Nashville - Clinched

Anaheim - 1

Montreal, Tampa Bay - 3

St. Louis, NY Islanders - 4

NY Rangers - 5

Pittsburgh, Detroit - 7

Washington - 8

Chicago - 9

Winnipeg, Vancouver - 13

Minnesota - 15

Calgary, San Jose, Los Angeles - 16

Boston - 17

Florida - 20

Dallas, Philly, Colorado - 21

New Jersey - 25

Ottawa - 26

Columbus - 28

Toronto - 31

Carolina - 35

Arizona - 37

Edmonton - 40

Four teams (Anaheim, Tampa, Montreal, NYI and St. Louis) can clinch tomorrow. Montreal and St. Louis play each other so a Sabres' regulation loss guarantees at least one of them will.

Forsberg (.864/4.85) in net in the net for CBJ and EDM playing The Wild.

The lead is down to one after tonight, with the Sabres having that game in hand

!!!    

:censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Edited by BRAWNDO

Forsberg (.864/4.85) in net in the net for CBJ and EDM playing The Wild.

The lead is down to one after tonight, with the Sabres having that game in hand

######!!! ###### ###### ######

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Good lord, get ahold of yourself man! Long term > short term. Long term > short term.