Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Dude. I'm as big of a tank supporter as anyone but you gotta enjoy the wins every once in a while. We weren't going to go 25-0 the rest of the season. We still have a comfortable lead on EDM

We currently have a two-point lead on Edmonton. That's not comfortable to me. I understand we can't win them all. I'm still going to whine every time.

Dude. I'm as big of a tank supporter as anyone but you gotta enjoy the wins every once in a while. We weren't going to go 25-0 the rest of the season. We still have a comfortable lead on EDM

If we finish 29th by 2 points, will you look back fondly on Brian Flynn scoring that shootout goal or Neuvirth making those saves? There is one goal for me: 30th. Until we have it locked up, I can't be comfortable. 

Current standings through games played 2/19.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      58 37 17  4 78 127 48 43   20.0

Edmonton     59 32 17 10 74 120 46 47   13.5

Arizona      58 31 20  7 69 117 48 52   11.5

Toronto      58 30 23  5 65 114 48 56    8.5

Carolina     56 29 20  7 65 117 52 56    9.5

New Jersey   57 26 22  9 61 113 50 60    7.5

Columbus     56 27 26  3 57 109 52 64    6.5

Philadelphia 58 23 24 11 57 105 48 64    5.0

CPM = Current probability of landing McDavid

What the Eulers giveth, the Emery taketh away. Me thinks we've found a worse shootout goalie than Neuvirth.

5 in action Friday including a 4 bagger - playing the role of the Movable Object, the TO Loafs, visit the Resistable Force, as played by the Carolina Candy Canes. Sabres host the Rags looking to get their ship righted after letting points slip in 2 consecutive road tilts. Joisey hosts the Canuckleheads. And then Devin Dubnyk returns to his personal House of Horrors - Rexall Place as the Wild visit the Eulers. Hopefully he's back to his old Albertan form.

Edited by Taro T

We're up 4 with a game in hand. Relax.

It's not like we beat the 1st place team. The Flyers suck too

Dont know where I got two. But I'm fine not relaxing. This is the most important thing the Sabres have done in probably a decade... I'm going into it head on. I will not enjoy a win here or there.

How would y'all rate the schedule going down the stretch? I would think right now is probably the easiest stint, no?  Come next month, the race for the play-offs should make the games harder, at least against those teams out of the top 8 in the CHL.

How would y'all rate the schedule going down the stretch? I would think right now is probably the easiest stint, no? Come next month, the race for the play-offs should make the games harder, at least against those teams out of the top 8 in the CHL.

You mean easier?

I'm just never sure 'round here.

Don't agree, the stakes in this league are so important that even 1 exta point gained causes an exponentially more significant amount of stress on me. Lets clinch this thing and then enjoy a couple of wins at the end of the season. 

Tonight is a huge night - Rangers probably going with a 3rd string goalie. Minny playing Edmonton and are as hot as anyone in the league right now.

Edited by Crusader1969

Dont know where I got two. But I'm fine not relaxing. This is the most important thing the Sabres have done in probably a decade... I'm going into it head on. I will not enjoy a win here or there.

Don't agree, the stakes in this league are so important that even 1 exta point gained causes an exponentially more significant amount of stress on me. Lets clinch this thing and then enjoy a couple of wins at the end of the season. 

Tonight is a huge night - Rangers probably going with a 3rd string goalie. Minny playing Edmonton and are as hot as anyone in the league right now.

Maybe I just have a bigger comfort with the relative talent gap between the Sabres and Edmonton. Discrepancies like that tend to work themselves out over a large sample size. That coupled with the variability of sports make me not concerned when the Sabres win ("lose") the occasional game. Would anyone be disappointed with a 5-20 record the rest of the year? That gets us to 118 points in the CHL. Edmonton would have to go 0-23 to get to thier maximum 120 CHL points.

Those five wins in my scenario have to come from somewhere, so beating Philly last night is as good of a time as any to fill one of the wins noted above.

This. The Sabres have been in way too many one goal games, lately. Neuvirth has a .951 Save Percentage since Enroth was traded and has a 1-1-1 record. If the Sabres have clinched with three games left, I will cheer for wins then.

Everyone panicking after a mediocre stretch really has to relax. We could play 500 hockey the rest of the way and still have a good chance of winning the Shart. I'm comfortable predicting we don't approach 500 hockey over the last 25 games.

Maybe I just have a bigger comfort with the relative talent gap between the Sabres and Edmonton. Discrepancies like that tend to work themselves out over a large sample size. That coupled with the variability of sports make me not concerned when the Sabres win ("lose") the occasional game. Would anyone be disappointed with a 5-20 record the rest of the year? That gets us to 118 points in the CHL. Edmonton would have to go 0-23 to get to thier maximum 120 CHL points.

Those five wins in my scenario have to come from somewhere, so beating Philly last night is as good of a time as any to fill one of the wins noted above.

Listen to this man, for he is wise.

Everyone panicking after a mediocre stretch really has to relax. We could play 500 hockey the rest of the way and still have a good chance of winning the Shart. I'm comfortable predicting we don't approach 500 hockey over the last 25 games.

Listen to this man, for he is wise.

Aww shucks :blush:

Seriously, we would need the Sabres to play way above thier season average AND Edmonton to play way below thier season average to make losing the shart a concern. To take it a step further, in TrueBlue's scenario above, if the Sabres go .500 (Deluca .500 or traditional .500 be damned) and go 12-12 the rest of the year, that is 24 more CHL points, or 102 points for the year. Edmonton would need 29 points in their remaining 23 games, which equates to 8-14-1, which is increasing thier losing percentage from 54% on the season to 60% for the remaining 23 games. And even then they would barely beat us out.

Also, the Sabres aren't going .500 the rest of the year. They are terrible in every metric.

We need Liger to post Aaron Rodgers "RELAX" clip.

Aww shucks :blush:

Seriously, we would need the Sabres to play way above thier season average AND Edmonton to play way below thier season average to make losing the shart a concern. To take it a step further, in TrueBlue's scenario above, if the Sabres go .500 (Deluca .500 or traditional .500 be damned) and go 12-12 the rest of the year, that is 24 more CHL points, or 102 points for the year. Edmonton would need 29 points in their remaining 23 games, which equates to 8-14-1, which is increasing thier losing percentage from 54% on the season to 60% for the remaining 23 games. And even then they would barely beat us out.

Also, the Sabres aren't going .500 the rest of the year. They are terrible in every metric.

We need Liger to post Aaron Rodgers "RELAX" clip.

I know, it's just a habit from being a Buffalo Sports Fan for over 35 years. It's a conditioned reflex to expect disaster

If this team clinches and I'm available during the next game I promise to go nuts rooting for this team on the board. Hopefully I can do it drunk.

Please, Please , Please be April 1st against the Laughs, a drunken night of foolishness and cheering for the Sabres :D

Hockey Gods Make it so!!

All these people saying "relax" and "we've got a cushion" need to realize how quickly that can and will disappear. Get points in 3/4 straight and it's tight. Tonight we're facing a 6th round draft pick from 2013 in net...

"And will" is your problem here. Are you and Robviously related, or just account sharing? :p

Me, and others, are not arguing that changes can't happen. We're arguing that people shouldn't freak out over the short run when the metrics and history are both on our side for the long haul. Of course we CAN blow this, but the odds are overwhelmingly in our favor. Short term fluctuation, long term stability. If you're so convinced this view is terribly misguided, care to place a charity wager on our finish?

All these people saying "relax" and "we've got a cushion" need to realize how quickly that can and will disappear. Get points in 3/4 straight and it's tight. Tonight we're facing a 6th round draft pick from 2013 in net...

And with the Preds on a back to back will we get Hutton( who has looked good in relief of Rinne) on Sunday 

The Rags have been averaging 5 goals per game over the past few, that should help.  

The following facts help me relax....

The team finishing with the worst goal differential has finished dead last 15 of the past 16 seasons.   BUF at -89 is about 30 goals worse than any other team.

Buffalo plays only 4 home games in March and will be without Stewart and Neuvirth after March 2nd.

Short term things may tighten up a bit, but down the stretch there will be separation. 

I don't think Neuvirth is getting traded. Based on the fact that they're riding him hard right now. Playing him on a back-to-back is a bit confusing if you're trying to preserve an asset and make sure he's not put in a position to fail.

Edited by Tank

If Neuvirth doesn't melt down in the next week or so, and he wants to, I think he will be signed.

I think that was Murray's intention going in to this season.

Or does Murray move him to a team that might need some goaltending depth, see tonight's opponent, knowing that he will be available after July 1st?