Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Oh come on, you are angry they are winning? There is no certain way to win in sports, except by winning. I love this team and the promise it holds for the future. We could tank and the guy we draft could be a flop, could get injured or hit by a truck.

We could mediocre it up this season and there's a much better chance the guy we pick at #9 is a flop. The odds of injury or trucking are probably the same.

We could mediocre it up this season and there's a much better chance the guy we pick at #9 is a flop. The odds of injury or trucking are probably the same.

Thanks for addressing that MattPie. Anyone can get hit by a truck tomorrow, I'm not going to sit in my basement in bubblewrap worrying about that.

Wildcard - Worst case is more like picking 12th.

I have it on good authority that the modern day trucking industry is very safe.

I will not have internet posters attacking the reputation of hard working transportation workers with these libelous claims of truck and bus murders. Enough is enough! :devil:

Wildcard - Worst case is more like picking 12th.

In the league? Bull$hit.

If the Sabres finish out of the bottom 6th in the league, I'll let you all choose my profile picture for the summer/maybe longer. It's the best bet I can think of on an anonymous forum haha

I want a top 5 pick. So if the Sabres pick 1-5 you can pick whatever avatar you want for me to post with for a month. If they pick 6 or higher I will pick an avatar for you to use for a month. Trust me, I'll still be hoping for an avatar change.

I'll say it again, hockey is a streaky sport. Teams ride a hot goalie for a few wins and then they cool off... I'm not the least bit concerned. Buffalo is still far and away the worst team in the league and by the end of the season the standings will reflect that. EDM and COL win 2 in a row, and Buffalo loses 2 in a row, suddenly they're back on track. Unbelievable that so many are suddenly jumping off the tank wagon.

I want a top 5 pick. So if the Sabres pick 1-5 you can pick whatever avatar you want for me to post with for a month. If they pick 6 or higher I will pick an avatar for you to use for a month. Trust me, I'll still be hoping for an avatar change.

Come on, make it the off season. It's not like I'm gonna pick Chara and Marchand a-la Brooke Back Mountain as your avatar when you lose. It'll be at least semi-reasonable

I have a serious question for many of you.....

I'm ###### done with this team. They sell us on how drafting well and near the top is how to rebuild a team. Many, including myself, absolutely agree with that strategy. We give up cheering for our team and watch it dismantled for three plus years and Reinhart is the only top 5 pick we will end up with? What a waste. After watching the first period and saw another backup goalie we would face I turned it off. I think I'll spend some more time with my family the next little while and not waste my time with watching another minute of this middling team. Nice to see the young D pairing develop but it's one year too soon. ###### you Enroth.

As much as I like seeing them play better i just can't help but think we are only 4 months from seeing this thing through.

This 4 month stretch of mediocrity will haunt us for the next 10-15 years. I don't care how deep this draft is. There are two players worth what this organization did in gutting this team. Those two are not Reinhart and anybody not named Eichle or McDavid.

I understand you're angry, I really want McEichel too but what are the Sabres to do..... You can't tell the players to lose, you can't move any of the 1st line or top D-pair since they are apart of the new core. I'm not trading Girgensons, Ennis, Risto, and Zadorov just to torpedo the team. GMTM can't make blatant tanking moves since the NHL will then obviously penalize us in some aspect. We are stuck keeping Zadorov up or else we risk losing him permanently to the freaking KHL! Plus its hard not to outdo a team with over 10 injuries and another who is so ####ed up they can't tell you what an Oiler is in the first place. Honestly calm the hell down.

Tanking isn't easy to accomplish without literally ruining everything you have up until then.... TM has practically done everything possible to not improve this team a ton but still set us up so we can make a playoff run in the near future rather than having to wait 3 or 4 more years after this season.

If this streak causes us to finish 26th and miss our chance at McEichel, so be it..... but if the two towers, Ennis, and Girgs improve greatly I can't fault them. If Girgs scores 25 goals and Zadorov/Risto become an elite pairing by the end of this year, and we still draft a high end prospect at #4 or 5 are you honestly going to cry?

I have a serious question for many of you.....

I understand you're angry, I really want McEichel too but what are the Sabres to do..... You can't tell the players to lose, you can't move any of the 1st line or top D-pair since they are apart of the new core. I'm not trading Girgensons, Ennis, Risto, and Zadorov just to torpedo the team. GMTM can't make blatant tanking moves since the NHL will then obviously penalize us in some aspect. We are stuck keeping Zadorov up or else we risk losing him permanently to the freaking KHL! Plus its hard not to outdo a team with over 10 injuries and another who is so ####ed up they can't tell you what an Oiler is in the first place. Honestly calm the hell down.

Tanking isn't easy to accomplish without literally ruining everything you have up until then.... TM has practically done everything possible to not improve this team a ton but still set us up so we can make a playoff run in the near future rather than having to wait 3 or 4 more years after this season.

If this streak causes us to finish 26th and miss our chance at McEichel, so be it..... but if the two towers, Ennis, and Girgs improve greatly I can't fault them. If Girgs scores 25 goals and Zadorov/Risto become an elite pairing by the end of this year, and we still draft a high end prospect at #4 or 5 are you honestly going to cry?

I might cry with joy.

That would mean our team has improved the few important prospects while still landing a high(ish) pick. Thats Plan 1B if we can't land McDavid/Eichel

So what, its sports, its all a gamble. I can't complain about winning. Its far from a death sentence to win games. Not getting the top pick is hardly the end of the world. There are more than one way to skin a Bruin and winning breads more winning

He will always be Tank. I agree with what your saying wookie. There is nothing that can be done. That's what is frustrating. This is therapeutic. I do feel better getting this off my chest. Thanks all.

Nothing can be done to make them worse outside of blatent cheating (telling players to lose on purpose).

However, even during the win streak they were still outshot and Enroth had close to a .950 sv%. It will all come crashing down soon enough. No worries (yet)

Hahahhaa, that's what I need to hear. It just seems like typical Buffalo fashion a UFA goalie (who has always been ok but not great for us) completely goes off in a great draft year that we are positioned to pick high in. Hopefully the stats regress towards the mean sooner than later.

Hahahhaa, that's what I need to hear. It just seems like typical Buffalo fashion a UFA goalie (who has always been ok but not great for us) completely goes off in a great draft year that we are positioned to pick high in. Hopefully the stats regress towards the mean sooner than later.

I'll even give you some stats to back this up. All time career sv% leaders:

Rank Player SV% 1. Dominik Hasek* .9223 2. Henrik Lundqvist .9200 3. Tim Thomas .9199 4. Roberto Luongo .9192 5. Pekka Rinne .9191 6. Jaroslav Halak .9181 7. Carey Price .9170 8. Tomas Vokoun .9169 9. Jimmy Howard .9165 10. Jonas Hiller .9163

Enroth in the past week has posted an average sv% of .95313 (183 saves on 192 shots) since the SJ Sharks win. I'll let you decide if he is .030 better than the all-time leader Hasek.