Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I can't imagine the Ducks being too crazy to trade Gibson. We are a year or two removed from all the talk about how they are ridiculously deep at goalie with Hiller, Fasth, Anderson, and Gibson all in the system. Fast-forward to any deal like this and suddenly 3 of the 4 are gone and they're down to a Bryzgalov/LaBarbera combo in their 2nd and 3rd slots. It kind of reminds me of the Vancouver approach of "hey, let's get rid of all of our goalies".

TAKE THIS WITH GRAIN OF SALT

I just heard that myers is not on the ice at practice?

Lavioe did mention he heard from 2 other sources on other teams, GMTM is doing his due diligence

Myers and Gorges not on the ice for practice.

Let the speculation run wild!

tumblrm0bg976txh1r5ur0ho1500.gif

SALT ALREADY ABANDONED

EVERYONE ENGAGE FROTH-MOUTHED RABIES MODE

Exactly what I just said upthread that you called hyperbole. We do not have a player on our roster, in the minors, or in juniors that can bring to us NEXT YEAR what Stewart has brought this year. So you either need to get a proven player to replace him or re-sign him. Hoping that Armia is his replacement is not the answer. You need players of Stewarts ability and then add the Armia's around him.

Last year for Miller/Ott we got Stewart/Carrier/picks. If Stewart is traded for more picks/prospects you just continue to wade in the pool of picks/prospects.

We need to re-sign Stewart, add Kane, add McEichel, hope Reinhart, Grigo, Armia, Pysyk, and McCabe are ready (if they are not included in trades), and add a few UFA's. That would be a minimum of 9 new players next year. Then we have a roster makeover that has a chance to win.

Hold on here. Upthread I was commenting on whether it was worth it to trade pending UFA's like Stewart. You said we didn't have anyone next year that could replace Stewart's production, to which I replied that since Stewart is a UFA, we don't have him next year, so any UFA we sign (including Stewart) is available to replace Stewart.

My Kane comments are about receiving a player with contract control that can fill a spot on McDavid's wing and provide some grit/protection as well as scoring. The current roster doesn't have any player like that, so we need to look to find that to avoid Miller/Lucic part duex.

Serious injuries, one good season, and a career list of locker room issues. Not too apealing

Yeah, I'm somewhat puzzled why folks think so highly of this guy.  Granted, I've only really seen him against the Sabres, but the current write-ups and his stats don't really scream "Go get this guy".   I'm with wookie on this one.  If I was Murray, I'm not giving up much IF I decide to take a risk on Kane.  And that is a big IF based on his immaturity issues.

Yeah, I'm somewhat puzzled why folks think so highly of this guy.  Granted, I've only really seen him against the Sabres, but the current write-ups and his stats don't really scream "Go get this guy".   I'm with wookie on this one.  If I was Murray, I'm not giving up much IF I decide to take a risk on Kane.  And that is a big IF based on his immaturity issues.

He's a top-five draft asset that's potentially being sold off cheap because he hates his team.  Even with all of the issues holding him back, he's still a 50-55 point player as a 23 year old on an offensively weak team, but he's young enough that he could continue to develop to be more capable than that.  Add in the fact that he'd be a top-two left winger on a team that doesn't have such yet, and he might be a good fit with Buffalo.  That said, Buffalo fans are not going to tolerate any of his off ice .

Fowler has better passing skills, would be better on the PP.

Inferior in our zone. My guess is with the development of Vatanen and Lindholm, they view him as expendable.

I'd rather have Myers, but if we can get Gibson in the deal, then I am on board.

Count me in for a Myers -> Fowler & Gibson trade. 

Can someone on IR be traded?  I thought there was something in the CBA that prevented that?

That can probably be gotten around since he is eligible to come off IR in 10 days (I think)...so he comes off IR, the trade goes down, the his new team stashes him on LTIR. Don't think it happens, but I think that could be done in this case.

I don't think highly of Ritchie, seen him play often. Plays a heavy game but doesn't bring it every game. Coasts a lot, which may explain his chubby look. Team Canada had him flanking McDavid but he got relegated to the 4th line by the third game because he can't keep up. He is not fast.

Takes a lot of dumb penalties too.

Yes he can be traded

Good to know.  With him being out the rest of the year and not hurting the tank then I make a move for him.  He does have off ice baggage but this is a player you take a chance on IMO.  He's still young and a former 4th overall pick.  As has been pointed out our LW depth is not good right now.  I wouldn't want to pay a ton for him though but if the price is right then I take the chance.

Good to know.  With him being out the rest of the year and not hurting the tank then I make a move for him.  He does have off ice baggage but this is a player you take a chance on IMO.  He's still young and a former 4th overall pick.  As has been pointed out our LW depth is not good right now.  I wouldn't want to pay a ton for him though but if the price is right then I take the chance.

If we get Kane for next year, you just know someone is going to start up "the concept of Kassian" stuff with him when he doesn't score 10 goals and fight Chara in the first week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.