Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

TRADE PRICE!!!!!!

Sweet Jesus......help me......

And as we all know trade price can be heavily influenced by a wide variety of variables unrelated to the actual value of the player. See Paul Gaustad for a 1st. So if you hold onto him and the right team gets antsy you can very well get filet price for Tyler Myers.

I'm not sure I follow. Would you be happy trading Myers or not?

I think it would take a top 6 forward prospect at least. Is a top 6 forward a Porterhouse, filet, NY Strip, or Ground Chuck at your Super Duper? :D

So Larkin for Myers from Detroit?

Yes...I would do it and be happy.....

And on the relative +/- you quoted....I'm not familiar...does it factor in goals against while the player is in the box for taking a penalty?

Ehrhoff was a #2/3 Dman with 2x the point output, making $4 million a year......

I'm just trying to comprehend the way people cling to and elevate Myers. Maybe I should just accept it, like I accept passing by the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum in Canada, while hundreds a day pay $20 to go in. Hey....they're probably tourists...why not?

Maybe you should just see what the hell happens. Perhaps using other teams that are not as dysfunctional and have talent and coaching and have a solid front office as the comparisons are not the best move. You pull out his one goal, blah blah blah. This team averages less than 2 goals per game. They have a total 75 goals. This team does not score. A defenseman who plays on a team who can't provide offensive zone pressure is going to score less because he has to play defense. TJ Brodie is a D man with 8 goals. Marco Scandella has 9. They must be awesome. Better yet.. here's a D-man who has 1G, is a -5, avg. TOI 29:35. He has 7 Power Play Points this year. He's pulling in a cool $11m this season with a $7.5m cap hit. He plays on a team that has averages 2.66GF/G and 2.93GA/G. They are a .500 team.

Tyler Myers plays on a team that has 1.74GF/G, and 3.40GA/G, on a .360 team. He has 1G, is -7, AVG. TOI - 25:11. He has 2 power player points. He's making $5.5M this season and taht's his cap hit.

So, I think, relatively speaking.. it could be a lot worse. Oh and Ryan Suter also has Zach Parise, Thomas Vanek, Mikko Koivu, Jason Pominville... oh and that Marco Scandella guy I referred to before he plays on the Wild with Suter. He makes $1.1m per year and has those 9 goals along with a +1 rating. So it would appear that Ryan Suter is a bust.

I don't read it. Who is the person there if I missed? His title is Senior Writer and Editor. That's all I know.

And the 2010-2012 Chz and I could turn our sexual tension into a lifetime of soul mate bliss.......

Sometimes things change.....and you need to revalue what you see.....not what you remember.......

And sometimes the things you want to be true appear so because of other things you choose to ignore. I'm not saying he's the best defenseman either. I just don't think he's a bust and like every player who has been put through the Sabres ownership, GM, coaching ringer over the past few seasons we have to wait and see.

Frankly, I'll keep basing my opinions on stories other GMs wanting Myers. GMs who have a proven track record of building winning teams. Because if they are looking for Myers then I'm guessing they see something they like.

Nope. Just (player +/-) - (Team +/-)

Divide by games it you want the ratio.

Thanks.

So say Myers is tired, or in bad position, and takes 25 penalties, of which the opposition scores 7 goals while he is in the box. Which seemed to happen failrly regularly early in the year....

Not just a point against Myers, but if this is a stat that is used, it's a little flawed.

Thanks.

So say Myers is tired, or in bad position, and takes 25 penalties, of which the opposition scores 7 goals while he is in the box. Which seemed to happen failrly regularly early in the year....

Not just a point against Myers, but if this is a stat that is used, it's a little flawed.

go figure out how many goals have been scored while Myers was in the box.

Maybe you should just see what the hell happens. Perhaps using other teams that are not as dysfunctional and have talent and coaching and have a solid front office as the comparisons are not the best move. You pull out his one goal, blah blah blah. This team averages less than 2 goals per game. They have a total 75 goals. This team does not score. A defenseman who plays on a team who can't provide offensive zone pressure is going to score less because he has to play defense. TJ Brodie is a D man with 8 goals. Marco Scandella has 9. They must be awesome. Better yet.. here's a D-man who has 1G, is a -5, avg. TOI 29:35. He has 7 Power Play Points this year. He's pulling in a cool $11m this season with a $7.5m cap hit. He plays on a team that has averages 2.66GF/G and 2.93GA/G. They are a .500 team.

Tyler Myers plays on a team that has 1.74GF/G, and 3.40GA/G, on a .360 team. He has 1G, is -7, AVG. TOI - 25:11. He has 2 power player points. He's making $5.5M this season and taht's his cap hit.

So, I think, relatively speaking.. it could be a lot worse. Oh and Ryan Suter also has Zach Parise, Thomas Vanek, Mikko Koivu, Jason Pominville... oh and that Marco Scandella guy I referred to before he plays on the Wild with Suter. He makes $1.1m per year and has those 9 goals along with a +1 rating. So it would appear that Ryan Suter is a bust.

And sometimes the things you want to be true appear so because of other things you choose to ignore. I'm not saying he's the best defenseman either. I just don't think he's a bust and like every player who has been put through the Sabres ownership, GM, coaching ringer over the past few seasons we have to wait and see.

Frankly, I'll keep basing my opinions on stories other GMs wanting Myers. GMs who have a proven track record of building winning teams. Because if they are looking for Myers then I'm guessing they see something they like.

Myers is like a 1983 Cessna that's been mothballed in the hangar. It has value.....but Murray and Nolan's job is to clean it up and get it running as fast and cheaply as possible, then ditch it to someone......

Myers is like a 1983 Cessna that's been mothballed in the hangar. It has value.....but Murray and Nolan's job is to clean it up and get it running as fast and cheaply as possible, then ditch it to someone......

What is Suter? Because right now his own teammate is making him look more like one of these:

LeBris1868.jpg

As for Myers I would have thought you'd chosen the 787 Dreamliner. Big, lots of hype but always breaking down and not able to get off the ground. But hey, maybe someday it will be worth the money and the #1 of the company.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume that you wish you had thought of that. I'll also assume that because you didn't your argument is invalid. Because? Internet. :)

Thanks.

Wait. Are you asking for a more advanced stat? :lol:

I just think Relative +/_ is a little more telling than the straight +/-.

It doesn't measure penalties of course, but +/- never measured powerplays either.

Wait. Are you asking for a more advanced stat? :lol:

I just think Relative +/_ is a little more telling than the straight +/-.

It doesn't measure penalties of course, but +/- never measured powerplays either.

That's funny.....

Thanks for explaining. I know regular +/- but thought Relative might be more fancy-dancy

What is Suter? Because right now his own teammate is making him look more like one of these:

LeBris1868.jpg

As for Myers I would have thought you'd chosen the 787 Dreamliner. Big, lots of hype but always breaking down and not able to get off the ground. But hey, maybe someday it will be worth the money and the #1 of the company.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume that you wish you had thought of that. I'll also assume that because you didn't your argument is invalid. Because? Internet. :)

Good one.....

All I know is that Mike Weber has as many goals in the past 40 minutes as Myers has since last March.......

Please find me another "#1 defenseman" in the league who has 1 goal, single digit points, and plays 25 minutes+ per game.

If Myers played like Scott Stevens, I could understand. He plays like Shadow Stevens........ (look it up, millenials).....

I agree with this.

Ehrhoff was a #2/3 Dman with 2x the point output, making $4 million a year......

I'm just trying to comprehend the way people cling to and elevate Myers. Maybe I should just accept it

But not this.

Erhoff's contract was a non starter in trade talks whereas Tyler Myers is.

But not this.

Erhoff's contract was a non starter in trade talks whereas Tyler Myers is.

Very true.

i have not said once that Myers is untradeable.......I just am dumbfounded by what people think you could get in return. Along with that, Murray was ready to ship him from almost day 1.

If Myers was a TE, he'd be Scott Chandler.......

Murray said in his first few months on the job that Myers has the potential to be a really good player if you surround him with the right people. It was talked about in depth on GR how a really good player makes those around him better, you don't expect him to need to hold someone else's hand.

What have we seen the past few years? "Tallinder might get him going!" "Gorges will be good for him!"

People keep hanging on to some crazy hope.....meanwhile, the guy has 1 goal this season and is averaging 25+ minutes.

Here is an article from the top writer at The Hockey News suggesting that Myers should be thought of a buyout candidate in the offseason, written less than a year ago........

http://www.thehockey...-build-them-up/

Since you quoted me for this reply, I'll assume it was directed at me. WTF is this coming from? All I said was that TM claimed he prefers big, puck moving defencemen and that description aptly fits Myers.

Not sure where you are getting some crazy hope from me. In the Karlsson v Myers thread I said Karlsson was the better player. And here all I've said is that Myers fits the description of what Murray said he prefers. Go lecture someone else.

Very true.

i have not said once that Myers is untradeable.......I just am dumbfounded by what people think you could get in return. Along with that, Murray was ready to ship him from almost day 1.

If Myers was a TE, he'd be Scott Chandler.......

Murray was ready to ship him out since day 1? I've never once to this day heard Murray say he's looking to move tyler Myers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.