Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I'm madly in love with the idea of the Sabres getting Dylan Larkin. With Girgensons stepping up this year, Reinhart cruising in the WHL again, Grigorenko doing well in the AHL, Compher doing well at Michigan, and then Larkin off to a stellar start at Michigan this year, the Sabres would have the best center situation that I can remember.

That would mean the Sabres can go straight BPA with their four draft picks in the top 40 come June 2015.

The only drawback is that our defense would suddenly be very suspect with Myers gone and Pysyk and McCabe both struggling this year in the AHL. We'd definitely need another trade to shore up our D with someone we can build around long term.

I'm not sure I follow. You want to deal away a D to get a 5th center (of those you listed which didn't include Larsson or McCormick (yeah, I know)), but then you'd need another D to shore up the D? The only way this makes sense is if you just don't like Myers.

Is it just me, or did we get taken in the Brayden McNabb deal? I like Delourouri (how ever you spell his name) but McNabb is pretty good and that college kid they got is years and years away.

Bad deal, IMO

There is no way I would trade Fashing back for McNabb right now.

The price to get Fashing was steep. The payoff unknown as of yet, but that's a deal I would make again.

Dreger said he believes Taylor Hall will be shopped/discussed. Said Hall isn't willing to adapt. Dreger said he's choosing words carefully

YES PLEASE!!!!

'

Agreed. He's the one guy I would have a prime interest in. Would go for Eberle and RNH if it's a steal. Otherwise? Meh.

I really don't think the Hockey News knows too much, but here's their post on trade talks heading into the trade freeze (December 19th):

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rumor-roundup-stewart-still-available-blues-and-jets-may-look-for-deals-before-trade-freeze/

With the NHL holiday trade freeze slated for midnight on Dec. 19, there’s increasing focus on Buffalo Sabres right wing Chris Stewart in the rumor mill. SI.com’s Allan Muir reports Sabres GM Tim Murray is reportedly willing to move the 27-year-old winger for the right price but so far he hasn’t found any takers.

Muir claims the Boston Bruins and Ottawa Senators are said to have interest in Stewart. The Edmonton Journal’s Jim Matheson adds the Pittsburgh Penguins to that list, while the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch claims the Calgary Flames are also among the interested parties.

The St. Louis Blues have popped up of late in the rumor mill. Several teams, including the Boston Bruins, have scouted the Blues amid speculation forwards like Patrik Berglund, T.J. Oshie or Alex Steen could become trade candidates.

Myers, Stewart, Hodgson and a 1st? I'd pull the trigger, but they'd probably also ask for one of Girgensons, Zadorov or Ristolainen.

Not even close. They're not giving us Hall if we're not giving them two of Myers, Girgensons, Reinhart, Zadorov and/or Risto.

Let's get this straight: When talking about elite young talent expiring contracts and guys like Hodgson don't add value to the deal.

Edited by Tank

There would have to be more pieces involved, but who would trade the Sabres first for Hall?

The trade would almost certainly be a Myers-Hall base. They need D - he is our best. Add to that some help at centre for them - they would probably want Girgensons. But you could probably barter down to Grigorenko. Add in two firsts to sweeten the deal for them.

Myers, Grigo, NYI 1st, STL 1st for Hall

That might be close. We might need to throw in a few bits more - someone like Carrier for example. Alternatively they may want Enroth

Myers, Grigo, Enroth, STL 1st, Buf 2nd for Hall and 3rd

That is way too steep. Dreger reported Hall not enamored with Edmonton. If they feel the need to move him his price comes down. The alternative is to keep him which is antithetical to wanting to trade him in the first place. One of the firsts not ours, Myers, Grigo, Enroth.

It really doesn't, every team in the league will be after him which pushes the price back up.

I agree with Tank, you're probably looking at having to give up two of Myers, Girgensons, Reinhart, Zadorov, Risto or the Sabres 1st.

Edited by Lanny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.