Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I would have done the Horton for their first. He sits on ltir forever ala Pronger. Horton may never play again.

Have we EVER seen a team give up a major asset to get another team to take their contract? It's said here often, but I don't think that's how it works.

If Horton retires does his full contract value return in terms of the salary cap?

Yes, which is why guys like Pronger and Savard haven't retired yet. NHL should close that loophole by allowing them to retire and still receive the remainder of their contract off the books if there's a legitimate debilitating injury.

Yes, which is why guys like Pronger and Savard haven't retired yet. NHL should close that loophole by allowing them to retire and still receive the remainder of their contract off the books if there's a legitimate debilitating injury.

Yea especially with Savard, I mean he literally had to quit for his life's sake.  

I may be wrong but I don't think his retiring would effect anything at all.

I thought if he retired his salary is moved from LTIR back onto the active cap, this prevents teams from signing long term contracts knowing that the player would retire before it is completely paid out. 

I thought if he retired his salary is moved from LTIR back onto the active cap, this prevents teams from signing long term contracts knowing that the player would retire before it is completely paid out.

I believe because of his age when signing and because it wasn't a front loaded deal signed before last CBA, none of that applies.

Murray says he's received some more calls today. Said teams are definitely interested in our players.

Also said that he'll never impede in coaching decisions. That's all Nolan.

Said all of the UFAs won't be traded.

I'm sorry, this is nitpicky , but I'm interested: did Murray mean "not all of the UFAs will be traded" or "none of the UFAs will be traded?"

I'm sorry, this is nitpicky ######, but I'm interested: did Murray mean "not all of the UFAs will be traded" or "none of the UFAs will be traded?"

What do you really think? :P The "not all." Forgot a word.

I believe because of his age when signing and because it wasn't a front loaded deal signed before last CBA, none of that applies.

I believe you may be right. But Horton won't retire. He doesn't get his money if he retires.

Edited by Tank

Well this is a nice and fun low blow. But it wasn't a tweet. He said it on air and I was being nice enough to list what he said for everybody else to read. I guess I won't be doing that anymore.

Sorry if the petty comments about guys like Bob McKenzie/Darren Dreger (who are the absolute best at what they do) frustrate me. I don't see the reason to complain because they said something that's obvious to some and then to insult those who want to post what they hear/see Dreger/McKenzie and others say.

That's my issue here. I get pissed because somebody says something pointless and, really, baseless, and then somebody else takes the opportunity to complain about the poster of the original info... There seems to be a real issue with actual information around here sometimes. I enjoy posting what these guys say so everybody else gets the chance to see it and respond with legitimate thoughts... When somebody comes back with a complaint about what was said then it just takes the discussion in an entirely different direction and neutralizes any of the actual value of what was posted. And to complain about those who "repeat" what was said? Cmon now... Add some value to the discussion.

For what it's worth... I was talking about you repeating what is generally a comment from Bobbo that had little substance to begin with.  I do think it's ridiculous.  However, I'm not bothered by it.  You are in the media vein, you are an aspiring journalist (aspiring to more than now, I'm not judging your accomplishments, you are a journalist right?) and I think that journalists, especially sports ones who have this desire to be in the NHL trade stream of consciousness will lean towards posting something like that more so than say your average hockey fan.

It's not an indictment of you.  We all do what we do. If repeating substanceless comments from Bobbo is the worst you do... :)

And I love Bobbo.. I love Dreger.  I'm not bashing on them either.

On with the show!

We need to unload this team. We cannot afford to miss out on this tank.

Ennis + Stewart to BOS for Subban + 1st unprotected

Moulson to CHI for 1st + prospect

Mitchell to anyone who gives us a random prospect

Neuvirth for ANYTHING but hopefully Vancouver for a 4th

I think Steward, Mitchell, and Neuvirth won't return from FLA. 

Hackett still has to get his 8 games in or we risk losing him to FAgency. 

March promises to be every bit as bad as our January. 

Ennis and Moulson are keepers. 

GO SABRES!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.