Development camp - Blue & Gold scrimmage

BuffaloBorn

I was thinking about going to the blue n gold scrimmage as I did last year

Does anyone know the full schedule? I think there is something going on today.

the schedule I think was posted on the Sabres main web-site but I can't find it anywhere

If anyone can provide me with a schedule that would help me out and I'd appreciate it..

Thanks

Edited by BuffaloBorn

http://sabres.nhl.co...vid=DL|BUF|home

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the schedule for its annual summer development camp from July 14-18 at First Niagara Center. This will mark the third year in a row that the ice will be installed during the summer and the development camp will be held at the home of the Sabres.

On-ice camp sessions throughout the week will be open to the public and a free intra-squad scrimmage will take place on Tuesday, July 15, at 7 p.m. The scrimmage will include three 20-minute periods with stopped time.

The following is a schedule of on-ice workouts open to the public at First Niagara Center during development camp. All times are subject to change and any updates will be posted at Sabres.com.

Mon., July 14

On-ice coach’s practice: 10:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.

Tue., July 15

Pre-scrimmage skates: 10:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.Intra-squad Scrimmage: 7 p.m.

Wed., July 16

Off Day

Thurs., July 17

On-ice instruction: 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.

Fri., July 18

3-on-3 tournament: 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.

Edited by LGR4GM

So I was looking at the camp invitees and we only have 1 invite on defense who is under 6'1" and none under 192lbs. We are big on the back end. Also of note, JT Compher is listed as 5'10" and I am wondering if they update this with players height and weight.

Also the only player even in the ballpark with points last season compared to Reinhart, Nick Baptiste.

This is it ladies and gentlemen. This camp a big deal. This is the crucible where it starts.

There will be so many good prospects in camp Monday that the critical mass is there to create an environment where talented prospects will be forced to compete and compete hard to earn their place in the pecking order.

Zemgus will be setting the standard for talented grit guys like Compher and Baptiste to match.

If Brendan Lemieux wants to be an NHL power forward any time soon he is going to have to be better than Carrier or Fasching.

Who is the guy who will be in the wheelhouse on offence: Samson or Mikhail? Joel Armia, you are being chased by Justin Bailey.

Nikita, Jake, Mark and Rasmus? There's only room for two of you right now.

Nobody has earned the label goalie of the future yet. Which one of you is it going to be?

Cornel, Schaller, Kea, Catenacci, Samuels-Thomas, Gauthier, Florentino, etc., look at guys in front of you.

You want it, you better bring your lunch bucket.

This is one of the key components of the plan: bringing a bunch of young talent together at the same time, let them fight it out. Let them bond. Let the strong survive. I can't wait.

Anyone going to watch and post some reports?

This is it ladies and gentlemen. This camp a big deal. This is the crucible where it starts.

There will be so many good prospects in camp Monday that the critical mass is there to create an environment where talented prospects will be forced to compete and compete hard to earn their place in the pecking order.

Zemgus will be setting the standard for talented grit guys like Compher and Baptiste to match.

If Brendan Lemieux wants to be an NHL power forward any time soon he is going to have to be better than Carrier or Fasching.

Who is the guy who will be in the wheelhouse on offence: Samson or Mikhail? Joel Armia, you are being chased by Justin Bailey.

Nobody has earned the label goalie of the future yet. Which one of you is it going to be?

Cornel, Schaller, Kea, Catenacci, Samuels-Thomas, Gauthier, Florentino, etc., look at guys in front of you.

This is one of the key components of the plan: bringing a bunch of young talent together at the same time, let them fight it out. Let them bond. Let the strong survive. I can't wait.

This is a good write-up. Appreciate it. Makes me feel better about our future then just seeing a list of the invitees (which isn't that impressive in itself). I just wish we had a better hit percentage for our 1st rounders over the last few years.

I'm probably going to the 3 on 3 Friday. Assuming I end up going I'll post some things.

I'm seriously considering making the 2.5 hour drive down for the scrimmage but haven't decided yet. If i do I'll ofcourse post updates.

The drive out of Toronto during rush hour is so brutal. That would be some serious dedication.

I'm going to the scrimmage Tuesday night with my brother and cousin. I don't post much here, I've been a lurker for many years. I'll share my thoughts after the scrimmage.

Ya the drive during rush hour is brutal but considering some talent that will be there and the tickets are free I still may go for it. Will probably take a half day vacation from work so as to miss the traffic and grab a bite downtown before it starts.

Maybe I'll see ya there. I, like probably hundreds of others, will be rocking my Myers jersey.

Edited by Derrico

http://www.wgr550.co...he-ice/19408350

Reinhart looked smooth in what he does, not a lot of wasted motion. He sent a no look pass out front finding a wide open Justin Bailey. The Sabres first round pick less than a month ago was glad to finally get on the ice, “It was great, it was a thrill to have that all over with and finally come here. It’s a lot more comforting to know that all of that’s over and you can really get down to business and enjoy the week. It’s my first experience at a NHL level, so I’m just taking it in stride and enjoying the process.”

From a skill standpoint I felt I should get here and see Mikhail Grigorenko dominate and he didn’t disappoint. He made a few slick moves especially a one on one move to turn Brycen Martin inside out. He finished by scoring high on Cal Peterson. It’ll be interesting to see if he moves his good play forward into the scrimmage.

Edited by LGR4GM

Sam Reinhart discussing camp so far

http://video.sabres....=628439&lang=en

Also Justin Bailey said camp is much more physical and competitive this year.

Lemiuex discussing camp thus far: I should note that this interview I loved.

http://video.sabres....=628440&lang=en

The Sabres will live stream the game Tuesday night:

http://goo.gl/IGffKM

Edited by LGR4GM

This is a good write-up. Appreciate it. Makes me feel better about our future then just seeing a list of the invitees (which isn't that impressive in itself). I just wish we had a better hit percentage for our 1st rounders over the last few years.

The list is actually pretty impressive given they have something like 7-8 first round picks in camp.

Other names like Fasching, Bailey, Baptiste, McCabe, Compher, etc, are very intriguing and impressive.

How can we have a "better hit percentage on our 1st rounders over the last few years," if we don't even know the hit percentage of them yet, so far? There is PLENTY of time for Grigorenko and Armia to develop into top-line studs. Girgensons, Pysyk, Ristolainen and Zadorov have already showed they have enough promise to hold out hope...and Reinhart is Reinhart. (Don't forget these are growing/developing KIDS!)

I don't understand how you could think like that or make that comment...it is super-duper far too early for that, in my opinion.

EDIT: Honestly, from 2008-2015...I think our "hit percentage on 1st rounders" will be damn impressive within time.

Edited by Bob Malooga

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.