Forget about Patrick Kane coming to the Sabres

Doohickie

I don't know about the world, but at age 35, Patrick Kane's career could be pretty much at the end by then.

These signings are stupid anyways - Kane and Toews haven't won a Cup in nearly 13 months - what good are they? ;)

I don't know about the world, but at age 35, Patrick Kane's career could be pretty much at the end by then.

These signings are stupid anyways - Kane and Toews haven't won a Cup in nearly 13 months - what good are they? ;)

They are good at making money....8 X 10.5 times 2 players......168 million investment in two players. Wow.

After 8 years at least we still will have Harbor Center. :P

Edited by X. Benedict

At first I was gonna rag about about the thread title, but then I decided...

YEAH! Turn up the heat! Come on!

You brought this on, man.

I sure as hell am, Chip. I love the way they're talking to you. These are winners and winners get to do what the hell they want. Hell, you just a bag of bones. The one thing you've ever done with your life is make a hot daughter. That's it. That's IT. That IS IT.

I work too hard for your bull, Chip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aor2eMbXbhI

They are good at making money....8 X 10.5 times 2 players......168 million investment in two players. Wow.

If you compare dollars per goal, they're a good bargain, especially when contrasted with Ville Leino. ;)

And Minny invested $200MM in Parise and Suter (and the Sabres tried to do the same), 2 very good players who are nevertheless not as good as these 2.

THANK GOD THAT"S OVER! Now we don't have to listen to more Kane to the Sabres BS for awhile.

You really don't believe that, do you? Reality never before stopped people from proposing we sign him or trade for him. People aren't about to let a silly thing like a contract extension get in their way now.

Like I tweeted earlier, Gionta is 35 years old...I can absolutely see Patrick Kane being the 2023 version of Brian Gionta.

He could be the Doug Gilmore or Joe Juneau acquisition of the 2023 trade deadline...to put the Sabres over the top for a cup run.

(Yes, I realize he is a totally different player than Gilmore AND Juneau...I'm talking simply about veteran acquisitions.)

EDIT: And if those guys were still pretty darn good late into their careers, especially Gionta, I see no reason Kane wouldn't be.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Like I tweeted earlier, Gionta is 35 years old...I can absolutely see Patrick Kane being the 2023 version of Brian Gionta.

He could be the Doug Gilmore or Joe Juneau acquisition of the 2023 trade deadline...to put the Sabres over the top for a cup run.

(Yes, I realize he is a totally different player than Gilmore AND Juneau...I'm talking simply about veteran acquisitions.)

EDIT: And if those guys were still pretty darn good late into their careers, especially Gionta, I see no reason Kane wouldn't be.

Hopefully the Sabres will be on a cup run long before 2023

"Long before?" It's 2014. The next cup will be 2015. Eight years isn't very long considering how low the team currently is.

You're not going to give them that much rope, are you? The tank could work, they could win a Cup, tank again, and win another one before 2023!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.