The tank is 1/2 over...

LabattBlue

133 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pissed if the tank goes off course and the Sabres don't pick #1 or #2?

• Yes
    • No

I feel a 5 game losing streak coming on right now. That seemed to be their MO last year with Nolan, string together a decent run and then fall right back off, so I expect the same here. This one is obviously better than anything he strung together last year, but I expect more of the same.

Also just saw this article about biggest hitting prospects: http://www.hockeysfu...-nhl-prospects/

Sabres take the top two spots! (I know it wasn't your point but still fun)

Thanks for that. I feel better already. I want this team to make opposing players heads stay on a swivel. Give me more please.

Haven't we come to the point where we can safely concede Zemgus will be at least a second-liner?

His work ethic and defensive game are not in dispute.

He's 62nd in the league in goals and a plus player on the league's worst plus-minus team.

He plays in all situations.

And he's only 20 years old.

Regardless of what line he ends up playing most in his career (and I don't really care), there is no disputing his contribution. He has something you can't coach. And like you said, he's only 20. Just wait until he fills out and learns the game a bit more. I think 2nd line just may be his floor when it's all said and done.

GO BILLS!!!

In hindsight, it's probably no surprise the team would do better without Ville Leino taking up all that ice time. When he was on the ice, it was like we were playing shorthanded.

So who is our "Leino" this year?

Whoever the 2014-15 Leino is, or will be, GMTM needs to give orders to Nolan that he be played at least 20 minutes per game. That would help get the tank back on track.

In hindsight, it's probably no surprise the team would do better without Ville Leino taking up all that ice time. When he was on the ice, it was like we were playing shorthanded.

So who is our "Leino" this year?

Whoever the 2014-15 Leino is, or will be, GMTM needs to give orders to Nolan that he be played at least 20 minutes per game. That would help get the tank back on track.

Mez and Benoit! Top pairing minutes will get the tank back on track.

There's isn't much help on the way this offseason, for the record. The best free agent is... Marc Staal. The best offensive free agent? Marty St. Louis. He's not coming here. After that? 5'9 Mats Zuccarello. After that? Nothing.

Really pray we're not about to become a team that gives a guy like Zuccarello a stupid contract just because.

It's going to come down to what the young guys bring next season. With no top prospect coming via the draft this year it's going to be harder to bite the bullet on a big trade.

There's isn't much help on the way this offseason, for the record. The best free agent is... Marc Staal. The best offensive free agent? Marty St. Louis. He's not coming here. After that? 5'9 Mats Zuccarello. After that? Nothing.

Really pray we're not about to become a team that gives a guy like Zuccarello a stupid contract just because.

It's going to come down to what the young guys bring next season. With no top prospect coming via the draft this year it's going to be harder to bite the bullet on a big trade.

And he is talking about joining his brothers and Eichel in Carolina.

I think its almost 100% that grigorenko, reinhart, pysyk, and larsson start the year in Buffalo. Armia and Schaller also will be fighting for a roster spot. So there is going to be some new faces for sure

Pretty decent chance McCabe gets a shot, too.