Jeanneret Diagnosed with Throat Cancer

That Aud Smell

You should have reported Murray has canther. Then we would have known which Murray you're talking about.

(yes, I know this post was very wrong of me :angel: )

well, at least something good came of this. (and, yes, i am a terrible person for chuckling at the joke.)

If there is a bus to hell I would not be shocked to find out I'm in the driver seat. That was damned funny.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't expect that anyone knows anything, but I'll still ask — any updates?

I hope he is doing well , but the lack of news really has me worried. I never told anyone on this board here.

But i don't have any connections to buffalo.

There are only few things that connect me to the sabres.

First came NHL2000, buffalo sabres logo appealled to me , and you had some dude named "satan" .

Barnes, brown, Hasek and Peca, rasmussen, sanderson, Mckee, they all got me going.

Drury, briere, Dumont, Afinigenov, Roy, Pominville, vanek, and especially Miller ( still got the most respect for this guy, he came each night for a win).

But what got me fall in love with this team is RJ, he is the true fan, the true believer; i want his voice on the background when we raise the cup.

I know im just from Europe, but try watching a game at 01.00 am, without RJ, it just isn't the same.

The passion coming from his voice , for this team, got me hooked more than any player could.

I really hope he is getting better, I don't care if he ever gets behind the play by play again, I want him to see the sabres raise the cup.

Thank you RJ,

From a fan of you.

Edited by Heimdall

I hope he is doing well , but the lack of news really has me worried. I never told anyone on this board here.

But i don't have any connections to buffalo.

There are only few things that connect me to the sabres.

First came NHL2000, buffalo sabres logo appealled to me , and you had some dude named "satan" .

Barnes, brown, Hasek and Peca, rasmussen, sanderson, Mckee, they all got me going.

Drury, briere, Dumont, Afinigenov, Roy, Pominville, vanek, and especially Miller ( still got the most respect for this guy, he came each night for a win).

But what got me fall in love with this team is RJ, he is the true fan, the true believer; i want his voice on the background when we raise the cup.

I know im just from Europe, but try watching a game at 01.00 am, without RJ, it just isn't the same.

The passion coming from his voice , for this team, got me hooked more than any player could.

I really hope he is getting better, I don't care if he ever gets behind the play by play again, I want him to see the sabres raise the cup.

Thank you RJ,

From a fan of you.

Beautiful. We share the universal language of Jeanneret. He's why I'm a fan too.

I grew up hating RJ. His voice was too shrill and rubbed me the wrong way. I was a Ted Darling fan through and through. The funny thing is that RJ has paid so much tribute to Ted Darling as the voice of the Sabres and now I can't imagine anyone BUT RJ as that voice.

It's truly unfortunate the battle he is going through. The last article said that he had completed his chemo and was waiting some tests to see if they got everything. His throat was raw, barely spoke, slept a lot. Typical for this treatment.

Dunleavy really has been a fantastic replacement in my opinion. He's no RJ, but he's no John Gurtler and frankly... that makes everything okay.

After Ted Darling you immediately realized how good you had it when you heard Gurtler. Even then, I still was not an RJ fan. But when he finally hit the TV broadcast I became enamored. No idea why... but now he'll forever be the voice I associate with the Sabres.

Dunleavy has been solid as can be , he isn't trying to emulate anyone and doing his own thing.

To be honest, RJ reminds of a Belgian football broadcaster from the past, just he passion, and the tremble in his voice when things got excited.

he just says: "there it is", "there it is" goaaaaaaaal

At some point here he says: "I hope its not to cold of a summer in siberia, they don't deserve to be send there, they are playing a good team"

We beat USSR 4-3

Someday there will be RJ night at the FNC. Hopefully this night is down the road a bit but I can guarantee you with the exception of raising a Cup banner it will be the most emotional night in Sabre history. When they play a collage of famous moments in team history with RJ's famous calls there will not be a dry eye in the house. Players come and go but there is always RJ.

When I watch replays of these moments it is not the goal that gives me goosebumps- it is the emotion you feel from RJ's call.

BTW, great post Heimdall. Glad you decided to pick our team to be your team.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course RJ said he had a PET scan, not a CT. But either way.

I turned on the TV last night right when they showed RJ for the first time alongside Duff. Duff was clearly emotional talking to RJ and I thought that showed just how much RJ means to so many people.

Truthfully, could you ask for better timing? On the night of Hockey Fights Cancer they get to announce RJ is cancer-free. I mean, it was perfect. He's clearly got a long way to go in gaining his stamina and strength back but he sounded better than I anticipated given the last article I had read.

I was going out last night and not to a place where I could watch the game but I stayed home long enough to watch the puck drop.

I can tell you that the news set my mood to awesome for the night.

Wait, did I miss something with Jim Kelly?

He developed a MRSA infection in a bone/in bones. Hopefully it can be cured with intravenous IVs. Not sure how or if it's related to his cancer, but people who've had cancer/chemo/radiation are more suspectible to infection. And it can be harder to treat.

I don't know that there's been a player in franchise history as physically tough as Rick. The way he calls a game takes a lot of stamina. And all the trips in the dead of flu season. Beer must be his elixir. How many games has he missed for any reason? I remember one time in the early 80s he sounded as sick as a proverbial dog on the air. The Sabres kept scoring and Rick kept sounding like was going to wretch every time he said "score." Jim Lorentz took over for the third once the game was out of reach. I think he missed a few games in the early 90s with laryngitis or something. One when his dad died. Just a remarkable performance history. If only we'd had more players with Rick's heart.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.