SIGNING: Sabres sign Brian Gionta

Hoss

It's not like we're signing sure all-stars... But, comparing last year's roster to this year's we should be significantly more competitive. Gorges is better than McBain and Gionta is better than D'Agostini/Conacher.

Ehrhoff is better than Gorges. Does Gionta and Stewart mark an improvement on Ott and Vanek/Moulson? I don't think so.

Bucky Gleason@TBNbucky 26s

Gionta can still provide 20 goals and 45-50 points. Get him on a line with Reinhart and let the kid grow while learning how to be a pro.

There is a bigger picture that needs to be stated. The Sabres just signed the Captain of the Montreal Canadians and a solid NHL defenseman with plenty of career left just waived his NTC to play for the Sabres. That has to account for something going forwarded. I would not be surprised if these two moves open up other possibilities, with players looking at the Sabres a little differently.

There is a bigger picture that needs to be stated. The Sabres just signed the Captain of the Montreal Canadians and a solid NHL defenseman with plenty of career left just waived his NTC to play for the Sabres. That has to account for something going forwarded. I would not be surprised if these two moves open up other possibilities, with players looking at the Sabres a little differently.

Peca is on GR talking now. He said he ran into Toews awhile ago who asked where he lived. Peca told him Buffalo and Toews said, "Yeah I heard that's a great place to live."

Peca is on GR talking now. He said he ran into Toews awhile ago who asked where he lived. Peca told him Buffalo and Toews said, "Yeah I heard that's a great place to live."

No doubt. Buffalo is looked upon much more favorably by hockey people than by the average Buffalonian.

No doubt. Buffalo is looked upon much more favorably by hockey people than by the average Buffalonian.

it is family friendly. good fans. cheap as hell to live. only 2 hours from Toronto. in the eastern conference so less travel. has a billionaire owner. good schools (suburbs)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.