Free Agent Leaders Available

There is NFW that Chicago trades Sharp.

Been a lot of chatter about it on twitter. They're at the cap right now with no wiggle room whatsoever. And, obviously they will need to free up a lot of room to re-sign Toews and Kane next year. Moving Sharp right now and adding, say, Iginla on a 1 year deal makes a lot of sense for them.

I just quote this to tell DeLuca that I love this avatar too.

The DOMINATOR together with Patty my idol of Buffalo Sabres hockey.

Ok back to topic.

I hope we will be able to catch some leaders during UFA signings.

Orpik,Ott, Moulson ( Don't forget, he goes to the filthy areas) I would like very much.

Been a lot of chatter about it on twitter. They're at the cap right now with no wiggle room whatsoever. And, obviously they will need to free up a lot of room to re-sign Toews and Kane next year. Moving Sharp right now and adding, say, Iginla on a 1 year deal makes a lot of sense for them.

There's been a lot of chatter in a lot of places about a lot of things that won't happen.

Chicago has stayed great by identifying its core and shuffling cheaper guys through the roster. Sharp is a key part of that core, along with Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmersson.

I would guess that Chicago buys out or trade-dumps anyone, it's Oduya or Bickell.

There's been a lot of chatter in a lot of places about a lot of things that won't happen.

Chicago has stayed great by identifying its core and shuffling cheaper guys through the roster. Sharp is a key part of that core, along with Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmersson.

I would guess that Chicago buys out or trade-dumps anyone, it's Oduya or Bickell.

http://www.chicagotr...0,4197377.story

Most Chicago fans I know (I live near a Blackhawks bar) would say Hossa is more important to the team than Sharp, who has a hefty cap hit at $5.9 million. They can leave the team alone this year and be fine. But, next year they may have to make a choice between the two.

The only valuable trading chips we have are draft picks and prospects. What exactly are you advocating here?

We have NOTHING left to trade that wouldn't be throwing away the future of the team. Try again.

It's like poker, with a chip and a chair you're still in the game. With a team like Buffalo that has multiple picks and a bevy of prospects they should be able to convert some into NHL ready players with Cup experience without "throwing away the future", that response is a bit like chicken little screaming that the sky is falling.

If there is a need to add some Cup rings to the roster, it shouldn't be too difficult or expensive, again, the Flames did it with a third round pick.

Both have modified NTCs, it may be a bit more difficult for the Sabres make deals for them happen.

The Sabres should target the Hawks 2015 RFA's, Branden Saad and Nick Leddy, two players likely to get decent raises after the 2014-15 season. Both are in their early 20's with Cup experience. Players that can easily become core players for the Sabres.

Edited by DeLuca1967

It's like poker, with a chip and a chair you're still in the game. With a team like Buffalo that has multiple picks and a bevy of prospects they should be able to convert some into NHL ready players with Cup experience without "throwing away the future", that response is a bit like chicken little screaming that the sky is falling.

If there is a need to add some Cup rings to the roster, it shouldn't be too difficult or expensive, again, the Flames did it with a third round pick.

Both have modified NTCs, it may be a bit more difficult for the Sabres make deals for them happen.

The Sabres should target the Hawks 2015 RFA's, Branden Saad and Nick Leddy, two players likely to get decent raises after the 2014-15 season. Both are in their early 20's with Cup experience. Players that can easily become core players for the Sabres.

GMTM giving up picks? I don't see that happening. Prospects? I guess he could move guys he didn't draft and isn't attached to. Not sure who those players would be but I don't see a bunch of barely NHL talent getting us much.

Given ages and their cap, Chicago would have to look seriously at moving Sharp or Hossa for cheaper, younger guys.

They are pieces five and six on that roster.

Hang on to all your core guys too long and you look like Vancouver.

GMTM giving up picks? I don't see that happening. Prospects? I guess he could move guys he didn't draft and isn't attached to. Not sure who those players would be but I don't see a bunch of barely NHL talent getting us much.

Didn't Murray move two second rounders and a prospect to the Kings just four months ago?

I could definitely see a surprise move with a few prospects, though. I could see Armia or Grigorenko moved. Maybe even McCabe or Pysyk get some talks. Either for a leader type who has some $$$ and term left along with youth. Or it could be prospect for prospect deals as he tries to get rid of some guys who don't fit his mold and get a few in.

I could definitely see a surprise move with a few prospects, though. I could see Armia or Grigorenko moved. Maybe even McCabe or Pysyk get some talks. Either for a leader type who has some $$$ and term left along with youth. Or it could be prospect for prospect deals as he tries to get rid of some guys who don't fit his mold and get a few in.

This thread isn't about trade ideas.

As you told me in the Free Agent Frenzy thread...... looks like you're violating your own "code"

A trade ideas thread was made specifically for you, but I guess you just don't care. You'll call out other posters for anything remotely straying from the topic but here you are talking about prospects being shipped out via trade in a Free Agent Leaders thread. Follow your own "code" or don't have one.

Fail.

Edited by Warriorspikes51

This thread isn't about trade ideas.

As you told me in the Free Agent Frenzy thread...... looks like you're violating your own "code"

A trade ideas thread was made specifically for you, but I guess you just don't care. You'll call out other posters for anything remotely straying from the topic but here you are talking about prospects being shipped out via trade in a Free Agent Leaders thread. Follow your own "code" or don't have one.

Fail.

Nice try. But this thread seems to have spun to the basic search for leaders, period. Not by my doing, but multiple other posts. I know you'll be applauded from a few posters who don't like me, so you have that to look forward to.

Nice try. But this thread seems to have spun to the basic search for leaders, period. Not by my doing, but multiple other posts. I know you'll be applauded from a few posters who don't like me, so you have that to look forward to.

I'm not "looking forward" to anything. I just wanted to point out to you....what you previously pointed out to me. So if you're gonna dish it out you better be able to take it too. If you want to call out people for posting off-topic ideas, fine. But then why are you doing it and then making excuses for it? Do you not understand that you are "scolding" other posters for the same exact thing you are doing???? Come on man!!

Edited by Warriorspikes51

I'm not "looking forward" to anything. I just wanted to point out to you....what you previously pointed out to me. So if you're gonna dish it out you better be able to take it too. If you want to call out people for posting off-topic ideas, fine. But then why are you doing it and then making excuses for it? Do you not understand that you are "scolding" other posters for the same exact thing you are doing???? Come on man!!

I'm not excusing it. Your original post in the separate thread was completely unprompted and completely off-topic. Here, I made a post after six/seven other posts talking about the same thing that are actually related to the topic at hand and added my own thoughts. It's not off-topic when there's a series of posts discussing it and it fits into the topic in some way.

And "scolding?" That's a joke. I said one small thing and it wasn't scolding or rude in any way. I simply pointed out that that thread wasn't for trade ideas. I didn't mention specific trade ideas, but other ways to acquire the leaders that the original post is looking for.

It's pretty laughable that I point out something (just like many other posters do) and it turns into a never-ending barrage. Give it a rest.

Edited by Tankalicious

I'm not excusing it. Your original post in the separate thread was completely unprompted and completely off-topic. Here, I made a post after six/seven other posts talking about the same thing that are actually related to the topic at hand and added my own thoughts. It's not off-topic when there's a series of posts discussing it and it fits into the topic in some way.

And "scolding?" That's a joke. I said one small thing and it wasn't scolding or rude in any way. I simply pointed out that that thread wasn't for trade ideas. I didn't mention specific trade ideas, but other ways to acquire the leaders that the original post is looking for.

It's pretty laughable that I point out something (just like many other posters do) and it turns into a never-ending barrage. Give it a rest.

Some folks are always right..... oh well!

I do not notice many going thread nazi on others. But when it happens it is probaly even money that you are doing it. It is about as common as a drane penn state reference

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.