Center Depth

Eleven

Just think if Grigorenko actually rises to his potential. In two years, we could be looking at:

McDavid/Eichel

Reinhart

Hodgson

Girgensons

Grigorenko

Ennis

Ennis can go back to wing.

Hodgson can play wing if he can't get better in his own end.

This team could actually be solid at the position!

Just think if Grigorenko actually rises to his potential. In two years, we could be looking at:

McDavid/Eichel

Reinhart

Hodgson

Girgensons

Grigorenko

Ennis

Now that DR is gone, his stated goal of building out to wings last might finally be happening. If someone out of the mess of goalie prospects steps up, G, D, & C could all be pretty solid. It's been a long 7 years.

McDavid/Eichel

Reinhart

Hodgson

Girgensons

Grigorenko

Ennis

With all the attention they have been paying to drafting Centers, I hope a few emerge, Ennis back to wing and third line would suit me just fine.

With all the attention they have been paying to drafting Centers, I hope a few emerge, Ennis back to wing and third line would suit me just fine.

Not sure Ennis fits into any long term plan here.

Given space, I think he can be a decent scorer. Kind of like Briere.

Briere could finish. Lack of finish has been Ennis' calling card. I don't see him as center and I think his days are numbered.

Briere could finish. Lack of finish has been Ennis' calling card. I don't see him as center and I think his days are numbered.

I would much prefer him on the wing, which, if Grigo can get it together, just may happen.

Same i don't have much fate in Ennis, all depends on what happens with Grigorenko i guess.

Mcdavid - Reinhart would be our 1 - 2 punch anyways. Seeing Grigorenko is a natural center, i don't know he fits 3rd line duty very well.

Edited by Heimdall

I think we can all see Mcdavid/Reinhart/Girgensons as a Stanley Cup winning combination.

But we are a long way from McDavid, so Grigorenko, Hodgson and Ennis still have to be accounted for into that equation.

And you can't overlook Compher either.

Grigs can't play wing, but the other three can, and so can Reinhart.

A trade will be necessary, but its a good problem to have.

Edited by dudacek

Didn't Girgensons play wing most of the year. I know I've heard rumblings his game may be more suited for the wing.

Lots of centers play wing their rookie year. Roy is an example. Girgensons split time, but Nolan used him at C in the Olympics. I've heard the same rumblings, but I like him at center.

Edited by Eleven

I think we can all see Mcdavid/Reinhart/Girgensons as a Stanley Cup winning combination.

But we are a long way from McDavid, so Grigorenko, Hodgson and Ennis still have to be accounted for into that equation.

And you can't overlook Compher either.

Grigs can't play wing, but the other three can, and so can Reinhart.

A trade will be necessary, but its a good problem to have.

If Grigo figures it out (and y'all know where I stand on that) but If he does I could see Rinehart as a third line center. He's supposed to be defensively responsible.

If Grigo figures it out (and y'all know where I stand on that) but If he does I could see Rinehart as a third line center. He's supposed to be defensively responsible.

IF Grigs figures it out and the Sabres (or better yet the Isles) are truly as awful as expected, then this team truly is following Lombardi's example: Eichel, Reinhart, Grigs, & Gergs on paper compare very favorably to Kopitar, Carter, Stoll, & Richards.

IF Grigs figures it out and the Sabres (or better yet the Isles) are truly as awful as expected, then this team truly is following Lombardi's example: Eichel, Reinhart, Grigs, & Gergs on paper compare very favorably to Kopitar, Carter, Stoll, & Richards.

I like the fact that we're focusing on Eichel, since it's a 75%-80% chance that's who we'll see here.

i really don't understand the love for Ennis on the wing. unless the system they are gonna play lets Ennis get out of the zone earlier and stay off the walls I don't like him as a winger. I will say i liked some of that little guy nastiness Ennis was displaying at times last year. reminded me of Audette or Verbeek

i really don't understand the love for Ennis on the wing. unless the system they are gonna play lets Ennis get out of the zone earlier and stay off the walls I don't like him as a winger. I will say i liked some of that little guy nastiness Ennis was displaying at times last year. reminded me of Audette or Verbeek

I think it is just a matter of the league trending toward big, physical centers. Defensively, a little guys like Ennis doesn't match up well against big guys like Thornton, Toews, Kopitar, etc.

I think it is just a matter of the league trending toward big, physical centers. Defensively, a little guys like Ennis doesn't match up well against big guys like Thornton, Toews, Kopitar, etc.

but other then a faceoff centers don't typically do 1 on 1 coverage with each other. defensively imho the small guy is at a bigger disadvantage along the walls. middle of the ice is where I want my smaller quick skaters

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.