1st Round pick #2 Sam Reinhart

spndnchz

And Lemieux could turn out to be a self-absorbed ass.

Growing up changes people. What you see now might not be what you see at 25.

80% of what you were at 18 you are at 25......60% of what you were at 18 you are at 40......not necessarily your political views, or priorities, but your basic core reactions and "instincts". As I have "grown up", I tried to give understanding and benefit of the doubt. It always comes back to the core being however.

I'm not saying Reinhart is some bad dude...he seems like a great guy. You better have 2 or 3 guys with talent and switchblades surrounding him though, or else it becomes the same old story. I think Murray understands that...so I'm not too concerned. I just don't think you need to waste the $20 on www.samsonreinhartHHOF.com domain at this point......

I always thought Carly Simon was slightly creepy. Just as I blame Yoko for breaking up the Beatles. I blame her for James Taylor's work throughout the 80s.

I think he did aight. We're going to see him in a couple weeks at the ZFG rink.

Scott IE fix please?

80% of what you were at 18 you are at 25......60% of what you were at 18 you are at 40......not necessarily your political views, or priorities, but your basic core reactions and "instincts". As I have "grown up", I tried to give understanding and benefit of the doubt. It always comes back to the core being however.

So it seems like I am ###### then approaching 48. Oh well ZFG Baby ZFG!

You Embrace the Tank......you sign your own ticket......

Yes! Tankers must be twenty somethings. Curmudgeon's like me want to say take your tank and stick it far up there. Then there are cantankerous older dudes (Eleven?) who believe they wont die until we get one. Ergo, (if that is really even a word) one before I die. Sucker bet!

Just win baby. Win NOW!

Edited by beerme1

I still don't think/see Reinhart on the first line.

I'd probably prefer him to stay in Juniors one more year. He will get better by attending Sabres prospect camp, training camp, playing in his 9 regular season games, etc.

If he DOES make the Sabres, I am pretty sure TM and TN said they would protect him. Meaning 8-10 minutes a game, maybe some days off on the road (play him at home mostly where you can get the matchups you want), work him into power play time gradually, etc.

But personally, I'd rather have him in the Juniors this year and then NEXT year play with the Sabres after 2 full training camps and development camps and 2 full off-seasons of Sabres conditioning/training.

I wouldn't overthink the whole issue of hiding Sam, or whether he should or shouldn't make the team before we see his play on the ice. He'll play if he is one of the top three centres and/or top nine forwards. If not, he will be back in juniors. It's really that simple.

I still don't think/see Reinhart on the first line.

I'd probably prefer him to stay in Juniors one more year. He will get better by attending Sabres prospect camp, training camp, playing in his 9 regular season games, etc.

If he DOES make the Sabres, I am pretty sure TM and TN said they would protect him. Meaning 8-10 minutes a game, maybe some days off on the road (play him at home mostly where you can get the matchups you want), work him into power play time gradually, etc.

But personally, I'd rather have him in the Juniors this year and then NEXT year play with the Sabres after 2 full training camps and development camps and 2 full off-seasons of Sabres conditioning/training.

I agree with you on how he will be used. I disagree with you on wanting him to go back to juniors. He will gain nothing by going there again other than resentment at having to play at that level again.

I wouldn't overthink the whole issue of hiding Sam, or whether he should or shouldn't make the team before we see his play on the ice. He'll play if he is one of the top three centres and/or top nine forwards. If not, he will be back in juniors. It's really that simple.

Well, this implies a "what's best for the Sabres in 2013-2014" approach to the decision as opposed to a "what's best for the Sabres and Reinhart in the long term" approach. I kinda think TM is going to lean towards the latter.

I agree with you on how he will be used. I disagree with you on wanting him to go back to juniors. He will gain nothing by going there again other than resentment at having to play at that level again.

I don't get the impression Reinhart does resentment.

If only there were a league where a player that's too good for juniors but not quite ready for the NHL, could learn and develop his game.

GO SABRES!!!

Guest Sloth

If only there were a league where a player that's too good for juniors but not quite ready for the NHL, could learn and develop his game.

GO SABRES!!!

It'd be interesting if teams were allowed to put 1 or 2 players under 20 in the AHL.

It'd be interesting if teams were allowed to put 1 or 2 players under 20 in the AHL.

Agreed. I'm on record as thinking this agreement between the NHL and CHL is a bad rule and actually hurts some of the players it purports to protect.

GO SABRES!!!

Agreed. I'm on record as thinking this agreement between the NHL and CHL is a bad rule and actually hurts some of the players it purports to protect.

GO SABRES!!!

It's not about protecting the players, it's about protecting the CHL. If all the 18 and 19-year-old prospects that show promise moved to the AHL, the CHL's quality goes down. Personally, I could care less about the CHL's quality, but I understand where they're coming from.

It's not about protecting the players, it's about protecting the CHL. If all the 18 and 19-year-old prospects that show promise moved to the AHL, the CHL's quality goes down. Personally, I could care less about the CHL's quality, but I understand where they're coming from.

Ed Zachary.

So it's more about the league and less about the developmental best interest of that handful of players that are legitimately TOO good for that level of play. It does nothing to serve them in terms of development. The vast majority of kids that need to return to juniors could still do so. But there are a few that need to go where their games can flourish. I could even argue that the competitive level of the CHL actually goes down by having players far superior for that level of play. Teams should get at least 1 or 2 exceptions to designate for AHL assignment.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

So it's more about the league and less about the developmental best interest of that handful of players that are legitimately TOO good for that level of play. It does nothing to serve them in terms of development. The vast majority of kids that need to return to juniors could still do so. But there are a few that need to go where their games can flourish. I could even argue that the competitive level of the CHL actually goes down by having players far superior for that level of play. Teams should get at least 1 or 2 exceptions to designate for AHL assignment.

GO SABRES!!!

I'm not disagreeing, just pointing out that the CHL owners are trying to sell seats and merchandise (and TV ads? I don't know if they have TV contracts) just like any other team. They're not going to let the 60 best players (cause really, what team isn't going to move their two best prospects into the AHL?) walk away.

I'm not disagreeing, just pointing out that the CHL owners are trying to sell seats and merchandise (and TV ads? I don't know if they have TV contracts) just like any other team. They're not going to let the 60 best players (cause really, what team isn't going to move their two best prospects into the AHL?) walk away.

Of course you are 100% spot on here. Dollar trumps what's best for the prospect, unfortunately.

GO SABRES!!!

Of course you are 100% spot on here. Dollar trumps what's best for the prospect, unfortunately.

GO SABRES!!!

Ehhh, the CHL's prosperity IS good for the prospects. And the AHL and NHL. Just because fans may be itching to have person A here or there, doesn't mean the fact that league relationships may prevent such moves is a bad thing in the grand narrative. Fans just don't like it because they're impatient.

Guest Sloth

What if it was more like you have a right to put one player in the AHL? Catch would be you could only use this option once every 2 years. So if the Sabres sent Reinhart to the AHL, they couldn't send another player to Rochester until the 16-17 season. This would still apply even if Renihart only played 1/2 of a season in the AHL. This would make NHL teams a bit more selective and not as quick to pull the trigger. Unless a team has a player they feel is too far above the CHL level, they wouldn't send a anyone to the AHL.

Edited by thanes16

I think any player who has played three years of major junior should be eligible for the AHL.

Player has likely got what he needed from the CHL and the CHL has got its money's worth from the player/

Edited by dudacek

Ehhh, the CHL's prosperity IS good for the prospects. And the AHL and NHL. Just because fans may be itching to have person A here or there, doesn't mean the fact that league relationships may prevent such moves is a bad thing in the grand narrative. Fans just don't like it because they're impatient.

It's good for the CHL, which is good for the general development of all prospects. A strong CHL drives up the development of all the prospects in general. But it hurts individual prospects, like Grigorenko.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.