Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

NHL.com First Mock Drafts 

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=750261&navid=DL|NHL|home

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=750275&navid=DL|NHL|home

Both have us taking McDavid 1st.

Morreale has Colin White 25th and Jake DeBrusk 27th

Kimelman has Travis Konecny 25th and Jen Looke 27th

I could see EDM trading #2 to ARZ for something + #3 so they could pick up Hannafin and a vet or something.

I could see EDM trading #2 to ARZ for something + #3 so they could pick up Hannafin and a vet or something.

Imagine if they could get something like 3, Boedker and Yandle? Likely adding Nurse, Hanifin and Yandle to that defense next year could turn their fortunes in a second. Then sign Niemi in free agency... Boom.

Imagine if they could get something like 3, Boedker and Yandle? Likely adding Nurse, Hanifin and Yandle to that defense next year could turn their fortunes in a second. Then sign Niemi in free agency... Boom.

They still could use help at Center.  It would have to be a heck of a deal,  EDM would probably ask for Domi and 2016 1st as well. 

Thanks for the links. Anyone else notice the article "15 Things to Watch" on nhl.com that has the "McEichel Sweepstakes" as a category? Not sure I've seen it written as McEichel stated anywhere but here. Thought it was interesting

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=750321&navid=DL|NHL|home

They still could use help at Center.  It would have to be a heck of a deal,  EDM would probably ask for Domi and 2016 1st as well. 

I see MacTavish drafting one or the other between McEichel if he's in the top 2, regardless.  Hanifen would be a bigger need for their team long term, but we all know that whoever gets McDavid, the other team will draft Eichel. 

Konecny regardless of his lack of size, is someone I would love to have at 25 or 27.  The other position can vary between White, Bittner, Sprong and others.

Anyone know the prospects grades ( 7.5 , 8 etc) the first 31, 32 picks that affect us ?. Thought we had 5 this year but four may suit us just fine ... If the isles 2nd works out that's cool too .

Official grades as far as I know haven't been announced but McDavid is a probably a 9.5/10 and Eichel is probably 9.0

I see MacTavish drafting one or the other between McEichel if he's in the top 2, regardless.  Hanifen would be a bigger need for their team long term, but we all know that whoever gets McDavid, the other team will draft Eichel. 

Konecny regardless of his lack of size, is someone I would love to have at 25 or 27.  The other position can vary between White, Bittner, Sprong and others.

I really like Bittner and hope he slides to us.

Draft stuff: Travis Konecny gets his 20th tonight. Konecny turning it up with six goals in his last six games.

I watched that game last night and it was such a quick release on the shot that went in.  He's very elusive and had a stretch in the second period where he dangled around a bunch of players and held the puck in the zone himself for a good 25 seconds.  The only downfall on him is I barely noticed him in the first and when the Gens started throwing the body around after going down 2-0 I noticed him less and less.

The guys i'm watching all fall in the area Sabres could be drafting if the Blues and/or Isles go out in the first round. 

18. Travis Konecny, RC, Ottawa (OHL)

19. Evgeny Svechnikov, RW, Cape Breton (QMJHL)

20. Daniel Sprong, RW, Charlottetown (QMJHL)

29. Jake DeBrusk, LW, Swift Current (WHL)

31. Mitchell Vande Sompel, LD, Oshawa (OHL)

There look to be quite a few guys of interest late in the first and early in the second round.  Let's hope the Isles and Blues make quick exits in the playoffs and TM won't have to pick at the very end of the round.  Scouting is suppose to be Murray's specialty so here is a huge opportunity for him with likely 3 picks between 20 and 35. 

I'm trying not to read too much on McEichel as we know how good they are and I don't want to get my hopes up until we win the Shart but it is getting scary how close we are.

Also NA Central Scouting came out today.

12 is Bittner - much higher than I have seen him before on any list

10 Konecy - a bit surprising since he struggled until recent

16 Debrusk - again higher than I have seen on any list

20 Svechnikov

22 Sprong

31 Vande Sompel

almost missed Meier at 33 - I think he would be a steal if he drops into the 20s. Guess Murray will have to figure out how much of his scoring is attributed to playin with Ehlers.

My dark horse is Alexander Dergachyov who NA Central Scouting has at 35 and McKeen has at 34. I thought his WJC would have had more of an impact on his ranking.  his write-up:

A huge unit at around six-foot-four and two hundred pounds, Dergachyov brings a high level of skill and intelligence to the table. Plays with a lot of grittiness and is able to create scoring chances through bullying his way to the net and then exhibiting his fine puckhandling skills. Possesses a set of soft hands and a keen awareness of teammates' positions; although an intimidating sniper in nature, Dergachyov has proven himself to be a formidable and creative playmaker. All-in-all, a sizey power forward that has all of the technical skills to be successful in his role as a scorer, and versatile in the lineup as a gritty grinder

Edited by Crusader1969

@Crusader

I have seen almost none of Alexander Dergachyov but from what I have read, we should take him with our 2nd rounder.  6'4" Physical and Smart, sign me up.  I just am curious about his skating.  I hope this is one of those picks where Devine and our Russia scout can convince Murray to take a swing, guys with his skills that get drafted later than the top 30 are the ones teams should be looking for.

Edited by LGR4GM

Here's an Eichel highlight video, I realized upon watching it that I have only ever seen him play in parts of 2 world juniors games, and then one random highlight from college.

I'm not watching this until he's mathematically ours :P