Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

If the Sabres pick at #3, would you want Hanifin, or trade the pick to one of 4-6 plus, obviously, a huge return?

Hell yes, draft Hanifin at #3. Probably the best D prospect in over a decade. He'll be better than Doughty... you don't pass that up.

Or maybe the team at #2, Arizona or Carolina (or Edmonton), want Hanifin (they need D), so you could offer a package of Myers/Risto/Zadorov + Reinhart + Ennis and all 3 1st round picks to move up one spot to #2. If I'm EDM or CAR sitting at #2, that's a seriously nice package for what their needs are... and they get Hanifin as well.

Buffalo has the talent pool and picks to put together whatever package they need to move up from 3 to 2.

Edited by pi2000

Hell yes, draft Hanifin at #3. Probably the best D prospect in over a decade. He'll be better than Doughty... you don't pass that up.

Or maybe the team at #2, Arizona or Carolina (or Edmonton), want Hanifin (they need D), so you could offer a package of Myers/Risto/Zadorov + Reinhart + Ennis and all 3 1st round picks to move up one spot to #2. If I'm EDM or CAR sitting at #2, that's a seriously nice package for what their needs are... and they get Hanifin as well.

Buffalo has the talent pool and picks to put together whatever package they need to move up from 3 to 2.

It would take something nuts to make that trade. You might have the nuts to do it. I'm not sure I would.

It would take something nuts to make that trade. You might have the nuts to do it. I'm not sure I would.

I'd fire Murray if he made that trade.

crouse is my #10 because others have more skills. I'm Not taking him top 7 because he's in that 3rd talent level drop.

I'd fire Murray if he made that trade.

crouse is my #10 because others have more skills. I'm Not taking him top 7 because he's in that 3rd talent level drop.

I would do Myers, Reinhart, 3 and another first for one of McEichel.

But this discussion isn't worth having. Because it's not happening.

If I'm at 3 I'll just take Hanifin, I might throw an offer to Arizona/Edm of the 3 pick, 2 of the 3 picks after that(2 1s and a 2) and offer Myers in place of a 1st/ Pysyk in place of a 2. I'm not going to trade Risto, Zadorov, Girgs, or Reinhart to move up 1 spot in the draft regardless of the player.

We can win either way, Hanifin makes Myers truly expendable and the 2 other firsts done correctly can fetch us great prospects or a higher pick with a greater prospect. They make the trade, we take a franchise player without losing anything massive in the rebuild.

I'll put it simply, I refuse to tear apart parts of the rebuild, and further delay it in order to get a single player.

The one possible way a trade could happen, but this is almost as unlikely, is if EDM has the second pick and drafts Eichel. Eichel then decides to return to BU to finish his eligibility rather than play for the tire fire that is the Oilers. August 15, 2019 he would become Unrestricted FA eligible to sign with any team. This could force the Oilers into a trade. But like I said this scenario is extremely unlikely as well.

Thanks for the great post .55. When Ross mentions ranking him 4th - I believe he means OHL prospects behind Marner, Strome and Zacha(?) not the draft.

Yes, the scouts the blog polled ranked only OHL players. There's a kid I've heard some decent things about in this draft from the OHL that he probably has ahead of Crouse. McDaniels or something. David McConley? McConnor? :P

Eichel would not pull a stunt like that. I saw an interview with his parents and came away thinking that they could care less if he was a janitor or nhl star. As long as he is happy and is the best janitor he could be. He will go wherever and shine. I am beginning to covet him more than McDavid. Is that bad?

Edited by 3putt

The one possible way a trade could happen, but this is almost as unlikely, is if EDM has the second pick and drafts Eichel. Eichel then decides to return to BU to finish his eligibility rather than play for the tire fire that is the Oilers. August 15, 2019 he would become Unrestricted FA eligible to sign with any team. This could force the Oilers into a trade. But like I said this scenario is extremely unlikely as well.

Eichel isn't going to refuse to play for anybody. He'll play. Absolutely zero percent chance be delays his career that long.

Edited by Tank

I have a better idea. Let's tank, keep all those players, plus add McEichel. Who's with me?

Great Christmas gift last night as (i think) for the first time all 3 first round draft picks had a positive result for the Sabres. Plus we had Philly, Colorado, Carolina and Arizona pick up 2 points. Unfortuntaly there is nothing Santa can do about the Oilers who now have 1 win in their last 19 games -could they have made a deal with Satan? and no I don't mean Miro I listened to their post game radio show last - a lot of callers and the host excited about their positiion in the McEichel derby.

I want McEichel badly for the Sabres but wouldn't trade their franchise for ours even with McEichel on their roster. anyone else?

Edited by Crusader1969

Great Christmas gift last night as (i think) for the first time all 3 first round draft picks had a positive result for the Sabres. Plus we had Philly, Colorado, Carolina and Arizona pick up 2 points. Unfortuntaly there is nothing Santa can do about the Oilers who now have 1 win in their last 19 games -could they have made a deal with Satan? and no I don't mean Miro I listened to their post game radio show last - a lot of callers and the host excited about their positiion in the McEichel derby.

If McEichel goes anywhere besides Buffalo, I want him going to EDM. He'll be great there, but he still won't accomplish much there. That's my biggest worry about losing him, having to play against him in the playoffs every year.

Eichel with a nice helper on the PP as USA ties it up at 1 each.

USA came on strong the last half of the first and are clearly asserting control.

Eichel is good.

Fasching is strong on the puck.

Haven't seen too much of Compher.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9