Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

...with the islanders pick.

(I think you may have hit submit before you finished typing.)

There's a lot of hockey left to play. Sabres could easily finish ahead of Carolina and Arizona and, assuming they don't finish ahead of anyone else (also still possible), there would still be a 55% chance they get pushed back to the fourth pick.

There's a lot of hockey left to play. Sabres could easily finish ahead of Carolina and Arizona and, assuming they don't finish ahead of anyone else (also still possible), there would still be a 55% chance they get pushed back to the fourth pick.

In Corsi we trust! We're the worst, and I have full confidence that 82 games will be enough to demonstrate this in the standings.

In Corsi we trust! We're the worst, and I have full confidence that 82 games will be enough to demonstrate this in the standings.

I agree. I was waiting to see Detroit pull it out and was like well, they are competing. But, at the end of the day Carolina getting their forwards back should propel them forward just slightly enough. We'll truly see what happens come closer to the trade deadline to know for sure.

Kylington makes me a bit nervous just because he's playing in Sweden. The development path for Armia has seemed much longer as he gets use to NA ice. Although Risto has seemed to transition well so maybe that fear is unfounded. I know you are very high on Zacha Liger but I haven't seen too many rankings having him in the top 5.

I admit I haven't watched Kylington but he's not putting up huge points over there. I know it's against older players etc. but still.

Edited by Derrico

Kylington makes me a bit nervous just because he's playing in Sweden. The development path for Armia has seemed much longer as he gets use to NA ice. Although Risto has seemed to transition well so maybe that fear is unfounded. I know you are very high on Zacha Liger but I haven't seen too many rankings having him in the top 5.

I admit I haven't watched Kylington but he's not putting up huge points over there. I know it's against older players etc. but still.

You have to keep in mind that Armia was 16th overall, which isn't exactly in the sure hit range of a draft. If you were going to compare to a highly drafted Finn, you'd probably want to look at Barkov instead. Then again, I'm not all that crazy about trying to draw exact comparisons across different draft classes.

That's fair. It is still early so I'm sure Kylington could put up big points. As I admit I know little about him but just looking at raw numbers, in a draft with a very strong top 10 to 15 players I'm surprised he is standing out as number 4 in many rankings.

Edited by Derrico

This if from Future Considerations about Kylington. He doesnt really get a lot of minutes per game. think under 10 - so I would be careful just looking at his stats.

"Exceptionally poised, mature, two-way defenseman…handles the puck well and likes to join the rush…plays with impressive confidence and is absolutely fearless with the puck on his stick…doesn’t possess a bomb of a shot, but knows how to put the puck on target...quite impressive top speed and acceleration, especially in offensive situations…not overly big and has some defensive positioning issues to sort out…minute-munching ability as this kid just has ice water flowing through his veins"

My Guess at this point the Top 10 plays out

1) McDavid

2) Eichel

3) Hanifan

4) Marner

5) Strome

6) Barzal

7) Kylington

8) Svechnikov

9) White

10) Zacha

Edited by Crusader1969

So he's more of a shutdown type then. Ok thanks.

I don't get that impression. I think he is offensive first and may even have a bit of a river boat gambler in him at times.

He just skates so fluidly and without effort that he would be able to eat up a lot of minutes. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he gets passed by Werenski, Zboril and Provorov.

I was driving last night and thought if it gets real tight between Eichel and McDavid and a Team like Carolina, Arizona or anyother American team that struggles at the gate gets the #1 pick - would they lean toward Eichel because of his Nationality? I wonder how much people in those cities know or if they have even heard of McDavid? so mabye they draft the "potentially" best player to ever come out of the States, even if they rate McDavid slightly better?

Curious what you guys in the States think.

I am high on Zacha for a couple of reasons but mainly because everyone says he is big and physical forward with a solid 2way game. He will climb the ranks. He started the season slow due to the adjustment to the OHL but this kid is going to be good.

I was driving last night and thought if it gets real tight between Eichel and McDavid and a Team like Carolina, Arizona or anyother American team that struggles at the gate gets the #1 pick - would they lean toward Eichel because of his Nationality? I wonder how much people in those cities know or if they have even heard of McDavid? so mabye they draft the "potentially" best player to ever come out of the States, even if they rate McDavid slightly better?

In a way you answer your own question. "I wonder how much people in those cities know or if they have even heard of McDavid?" They probably haven't heard of him or Eichel and therefore don't know or care about their nationality. Most hockey fans in those markets will become aware of these guys only post draft and I would guess their nationality is a second thought.

No. Despite Eichel being an incredible prospect it's still McDavid all the way.

ISS top 30 rankings for November

http://www.isshockey...2015-nhl-draft/

McDavid, Eichel, Hanafin, Barzal, Strome are your top 5

Zach Werenski making a big move all the way up to no.6 too.

Barzal being back in the Top 5 is a big deal. I thought he was considered a no.2 overall pick a couple years back before Eichel emerged.

Eichel named National Rookie of the Month. Great start to his college career.

http://nesn.com/2014/11/bus-jack-eichel-named-national-rookie-of-the-month-for-october/

We can't go wrong with this kid if we end up taking him. And I hope he always wants to prove himself against McDavid. Nothing like a talented player with a chip on his shoulder.

GO SABRES!!!

Eichel named National Rookie of the Month. Great start to his college career.

http://nesn.com/2014...th-for-october/

We can't go wrong with this kid if we end up taking him. And I hope he always wants to prove himself against McDavid. Nothing like a talented player with a chip on his shoulder.

GO SABRES!!!

I think Eichel's game will actually be better in the more physical playoff's than McDavid's