Provorov, Ivan D Brandon 2G 1A

Pilon, Ryan D Brandon 0G 2A

Gabrielle, Jesse LW Brandon 1G 0A

Brandon defeats Swift Current 8-3

Harkins, Jansen C Prince George 1G 1A in 3-1 win over Seattle

QMJHL

Meier, Timo RW Halifax 0G 2A in 5-2 win over Cape Breton

Yan, Dennis RW Shawinigan 1G 0A in 4-2 loss to Victoriaville

I'd be very happy to add Konecny if there with the Islanders pick. Small, but he can flat out play.

Drafting an under-sized forward is basically against everything I want to do. But watching some of those highlights makes it tough not to want Konecny on the team.

250 Days until the 2015 NHL Draft

Prospect Recap Saturday Oct 18th

OHL

Strome, Dylan C Erie 1G 1A

McDavid, Connor C Erie 1G 2A

Erie defeats London 6-2

Graham Knott LW Niagara 1G 2A in 4-2 victory over Sudbury

Andersson, Rasmus D Barrie 1G 1A in 7-4 victory over Windsor

QMJHL

Noel, Nathan C Saint John 2G 2A in 7-4 win over Moncton

WHL

Pilon, Ryan D Brandon 0G 2A

Provorov, Ivan D Brandon 1G 0A

Gabrielle, Jesse LW Brandon 0G 2A

Brandon defeats Portland 10-3

Musil, Adam C Red Deer 1G 0A in 4-2 loss to Prince Albert

Barzal, Mathew C Seattle 1G 0A in 4-3 OT loss to Kamloops

SHL

Kylington, Oliver D Farjestads 1G 0A in 6-3 win over Skelleftea

SuperElit

Ahi, Filip LW HV71 0G 2A in 3-2 loss to Linkoping

USHL

Connor, Kyle C Youngston 2G 2A in 6-0 win over Dubuque

Edited by Crusader1969

Travis Konecny took a big dirty hit to the head. Guy used his shoulder and left his feet.

Luckily Konecny woke up without many symptoms.

Welp...and there I go right back off the Konecny bandwagon.....

If the Sabres draft 3rd this year, I really want to have a strong consolation prize to complete the 1-2 punch with Reinhart.

Welp...and there I go right back off the Konecny bandwagon.....

If the Sabres draft 3rd this year, I really want to have a strong consolation prize to complete the 1-2 punch with Reinhart.

If we're picking third its Hanifin. The top three is pretty well locked in.

If we're picking third its Hanifin. The top three is pretty well locked in.

I know, but I want a strong 1-2 punch up front. A defenseman would be really disappointing. Sabres are pretty loaded on the blue line and they're terrible at scoring goals.

The wild card might be Grigorenko but I don't know if I'd pencil us in as contenders with Reinhart/Grigorenko as the top 2 centers, regardless of how good the defense is.

Reinhart and Strome sounds a little better but it's impossible for me to say how much Strome's numbers are inflated from playing on the same team as McDavid

Edited by Robviously

I know, but I want a strong 1-2 punch up front. A defenseman would be really disappointing.

Somebody would have to be traded. Everyone knows Myers situation, but ill be really disappointed if we get Larkin and Hanifin come

June. Not enough scoring power

Edited by WildCard

An up-to-date comparison/highlight reel and everything else you could want to know about McEichel. It goes all year, and seems to be updated about weekly. It has NHL lottery plans for the next few years, polls, debates, ISS rankings, you name it it's here.

Counting Down To The NHL Draft: Mac Or Jack?

https://www.hubub.com/macorjack

here's the poll about who will win the CHL. We come in first at 29%, Winnipeg is 2nd at 22%.

https://www.hubub.com/211259/247082

Edited by WildCard

An up-to-date comparison/highlight reel and everything else you could want to know about McEichel. It goes all year, and seems to be updated about weekly. It has NHL lottery plans for the next few years, polls, debates, ISS rankings, you name it it's here.

https://www.hubub.com/macorjack

here's the poll about who will win the CHL. We come in first at 29%, Winnipeg is 2nd at 22%.

https://www.hubub.com/211259/247082

After the first handful of games and looking at rosters, I think it will be a two team race...Buffalo and Carolina. While the CHL contenders(Edmonton, Winnipeg & Calgary) in the western conference have a much tougher schedule, IMO they also have better teams.

The thing that really sticks out with the Sabres roster is talent: there is 1-3 guys here that can play big minutes in the NHL, and 1-2 (Z and Myers) that could, COULD be all-stars. Comparing that to the other rosters, the Sabres are just so much worse skill wise

Winnipeg: Ladd, Kane, Byfuglien, and maybe Wheeler

Kane, although he's a d$ck,is a star. Ladd has proven to be a consistent 20 goal scorer, and Wheeler might be able to build off his near 30 tallies last season.

Florida: Barkov, Ekblad, Hubredeau.

The question with Florida is if their young guns can put it together. The have the potential to be stars, and this season could see a few of them break-out. All in all though, they have more talent than the Sabres throughout; something that was evident in our game against them.

Carolina: Staals, Skinner, Semin

I left of Sekera because the above are true stars, difference makers. The Canes are missing 3/4 of them right now, I can't see them being a bottom 2 with them back.

Edmonton: RNH, Yakupov, Hall, Eberle

The only one who may or may not belong on this list is Yakupov, just because he is such a defensive detriment and that is where their problems lie. Scrivens is an upgrade from last year though. The only reason I can't see Edmonton getting last place is management. If the Oilers are bottom 5 come January, I expect major moves, and trading away (1-2)/4 of the above nets NHL ready stars, and that should help them avoid the basement.

Buffalo: Myers, Girgensons, Ennis

Girgensons is far from an all-star yet, though the potential is there and he may enjoy a breakout season of ~15 goals. Ennis will hit his 20, and he's the closest thing we have to an offensive star, which is says a lot. Myers, with the way he looks now, is a top 2 defender on most teams. Unlike Edmonton though, our big changes came last year, and they weren't for NHL ready stars, they were designed in terms of a rebuild. We won't have any big moves this year other than maybe Myers, and he won't bring anything back but more rebuild pieces from every indication we have thus far.

TL;DR: the Sabres just don't have any talent to be considered anything but a lock for the CHL.

Edited by WildCard

The thing that really sticks out with the Sabres roster is talent: there is 1-3 guys here that can play big minutes in the NHL, and 1-2 (Z and Myers) that could, COULD be all-stars. Comparing that to the other rosters, the Sabres are just so much worse skill wise

Winnipeg: Ladd, Kane, Byfuglien, and maybe Wheeler

Kane, although he's a d$ck,is a star. Ladd has proven to be a consistent 20 goal scorer, and Wheeler might be able to build off his near 30 tallies last season.

Florida: Barkov, Ekblad, Hubredeau.

The question with Florida is if their young guns can put it together. The have the potential to be stars, and this season could see a few of them break-out. All in all though, they have more talent than the Sabres throughout; something that was evident in our game against them.

Carolina: Staals, Skinner, Semin

I left of Sekera because the above are true stars, difference makers. The Canes are missing 3/4 of them right now, I can't see them being a bottom 2 with them back.

Edmonton: RNH, Yakupov, Hall, Eberle

The only one who may or may not belong on this list is Yakupov, just because he is such a defensive detriment and that is where their problems lie. Scrivens is an upgrade from last year though. The only reason I can't see Edmonton getting last place is management. If the Oilers are bottom 5 come January, I expect major moves, and trading away (1-2)/4 of the above nets NHL ready stars, and that should help them avoid the basement.

Buffalo: Myers, Girgensons, Ennis

Girgensons is far from an all-star yet, though the potential is there and he may enjoy a breakout season of ~15 goals. Ennis will hit his 20, and he's the closest thing we have to an offensive star, which is says a lot. Myers, with the way he looks now, is a top 2 defender on most teams. Unlike Edmonton though, our big changes came last year, and they weren't for NHL ready stars, they were designed in terms of a rebuild. We won't have any big moves this year other than maybe Myers, and he won't bring anything back but more rebuild pieces from every indication we have thus far.

TL;DR: the Sabres just don't have any talent to be considered anything but a lock for the CHL.

I think you have overrated several guys that we would be crapping on if they were Sabres. Semin, certainly. Wheeler, Hubrudeau, Yakupov, Eberle, probably Ladd.

I think you have overrated several guys that we would be crapping on if they were Sabres. Semin, certainly. Wheeler, Hubrudeau, Yakupov, Eberle, probably Ladd.

Yakupov and Semin I wouldn't want, but they can put the puck in the net better than anyone we have. As for the rest, well you already said it: we're also the same group that wants to write off a Grigs and Armia for not wining the Calder

Not to quell McDavid fever but I found this article on top 20 ranked Kyle Connor from the USHL. Kyle Connor and achieving his dreams

Connor will play for the Youngstown Phantoms of the United States Hockey League for a third consecutive season. Last year he was an All-USHL First-Team selection, leading the Phantoms with 74 points (31 goals, 43 assists) in 56 games. He was second in the league in scoring and fourth in both goals and assists. In his first season, 2012-13, he had 41 points (17 goals, 24 assists).

But in the past year, the biggest highlight for the 6-foot-1, 175-pound center/forward was playing for the U.S. in the IIHF Under-18 World Championships in Finland in April.

Over seven games, in which the U.S. went 6-1 to win the gold medal, Connor was the only American to register a point in every game, with four goals and three assists.

Currently ranked 15th by ISS, the C/LW is a 6'1 175lbs kid on a mission. I am bringing him up because with his middle of the 1st round projection it is definitley probable we could have a pick near him. As the Sabres continue this massive rebuild, Connor would add speed and a good 2-way game plus the possibility of more size on our wings. Connor currently sits with 4g, 6a in 7gp.

OHL Prospect Blog's top 30 OHL players for the 2015 Draft. This is the first in season addition. No surprise McDavid is at the top but love the write up on Zacha, kid sounds like an animal. Also I want to highlight the 7th guy on the list and Zacha's linemate.

7. Nikita Korostelev 6'1" 196lbs - Forward - Sarnia Sting

Has developed terrific chemistry with Pavel Zacha on Sarnia's top line. Korostelev has been great so far this year. He's an exceptional puck handler, and with his size, he's able to create so much time and space for himself in the offensive end. His shot also looks much better this year and it's clear that he's worked on that part of his game this offseason. My only real beef is that he hasn't been playing quite as physical as I saw him last year. When you combine his skill set with an ability to engage physically, you've got a pretty special player.

Edited by LGR4GM