Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

I agree with TBP, I really can't say Carolina is a worse hockey team then we are. Our possession stats are through the roof bad, we can't seem to score more then 2 goals a game (usually less than 2) and our goaltending likely won't keep us in it every game. Carolina has already been hit with the injury bug and has guys returning whereas this is our team at full health. God forbid a guy like Gorges, Myers or Girgs goes down for a month. All hope is far from lost.

Plus we have the option of blowing up an already sinking ship by trade at any given time.....Myers, Steward, Stafford etc. Carolina may very well sell at the deadline, but they simply can't afford to send the message of giving up on the season early to their already pissed off and staying at home fan base.

I agree with TBP, I really can't say Carolina is a worse hockey team then we are. Our possession stats are through the roof bad, we can't seem to score more then 2 goals a game (usually less than 2) and our goaltending likely won't keep us in it every game. Carolina has already been hit with the injury bug and has guys returning whereas this is our team at full health. God forbid a guy like Gorges, Myers or Girgs goes down for a month. All hope is far from lost.

I agree that the Sabres possession stats are horrible, but the Sabres have played almost half of their games against teams who absolutely dominate the league in possession time, they will probably balance out in a month or so. I still expect them to be at the very bottom of the league though.

EDIT: After watching the first tonight, never mind their possession stats are beyond the roof bad

Edited by BRAWNDO

http://m.espn.go.com...co/uiEm9CdnUL"}

Decent read on Eichel. A little annoying the way he's trying to be poetic at times, but it's still insightful.

25 pull ups! Eleven just felt it move!

GO SABRES!!!

The college weight training programs are miles ahead of major junior, particularly BU. They've had that reputation for a while now.

I also think the NCAA competition is superior to major junior as well. Gives Eichel a leg up vs. McDavid in that regard.

GO SABRES!!!

I also think the NCAA competition is superior to major junior as well. Gives Eichel a leg up vs. McDavid in that regard.

GO SABRES!!!

The season is much shorter though. Those extra 20 or so games in the junior schedule will shed some light on the durability of a player.

The season is much shorter though. Those extra 20 or so games in the junior schedule will shed some light on the durability of a player.

I think that's a valid point as well. At least from a durability standpoint. But an extra 20 games against less mature, less physical competition doesn't do much to hone your game, imo. So while he may play less games, Eichel will be playing against lots of guys over 20 years old on a much more physically demanding level on a game to game basis.

GO SABRES!!!

Eichel really does seem to fit with Compher, Fasching, McCabe and this whole America's team vibe the team is slowly accumulating.

Compher - Eichel - Baptiste.... I just went from 6 to midnight.

I like having more Americans... it makes international competitions even better.

PROSPECT RECAP Wed Oct 29

WHL

Pilon, Ryan D Brandon 1G 0A

Gabrielle, Jesse LW Bradon 1G 0A

Brandon defeas Vancouver 5-2

SuperElit

Ahi, Filip LW HV 71 1G 1A in 4-3 loss to Farjestads

USHL

Matthews, Austin C Team USA 2G 1A in 4-1 win over Muskegon (oops too early – 2016 Draft Thread)

Edited by Crusader1969

I am quite amused at how quickly this bored is realizing that Jack Eichel is also a very special player. I actually like him better than McDavid because I think he could dish it out in the playoffs but who knows.

I am with you. I like Eichel better because of the intangibles he brings. I like that he runs right to the front of scrums instead of hanging back like McDavid. I think he might be a better leader and he is a much more likeable player, especially being a USA fan. There is no way to go wrong with him which is why finish last is so important. The only problem is McDavid's offensive talent is just ridiculously high end, and even if there was a problem with his defense (there isn't) or other parts of the game, its so good that you can't pass it up IMPO.

Since I'm incredibly biased, I like Eichel better too. That doesn't mean I'd rather have him over McDavid though.

We need to stop agreeing on things... it's freaking me out. However I echo this very sentiment. I like Eichel as a player and as a person. I like that he is an American (no offense to any Canadian fans meant) and I like his attitude. Seems like the type of kid who will go to hell and back for his team.

We need to stop agreeing on things... it's freaking me out. However I echo this very sentiment. I like Eichel as a player and as a person. I like that he is an American (no offense to any Canadian fans meant) and I like his attitude. Seems like the type of kid who will go to hell and back for his team.

All of our prospects are not the second coming. There, we now disagree on something.