Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

McDeichel.

I'll gladly take either half. I don't care if we win the lottery or not, but finishing last is the only way of assuring we get either.

I also think TM is gonna parlay those two other #1s into something nice in one of the deepest drafts in a long time.

GO SABRES!!!

PROSPECT RECAP Thurs Oct 30

OHL

McDavid, Connor C Erie 2G 2A in 5-2 win over Plymouth. (watch the highlites its worth it!)

Zacha, Pavel C Sarnia 1G 0A in 7-1 win over Barrie

QMJHL

Svechnikov, Yevgeni LW Cape Breton 3G 0A in 6-5 loss to Saint John (DON’T SLEEP ON GENI)

WHL

Barzal, Mathew C Seattle 1G 1A

Gropp, Ryan LW Seattle 1G 0A

Seattle defeats Edmonton 5-2

SHL

Kylington, Oliver D Farjestads 0G 2A in 3-2 win over Leksands

Allsvenskan

Kovacs, Robin LW AIK 1G 0A in 3-1 loss to Rogle

Prospect Recap Friday October 31st

OHL

Marner, Mitch C London 1G 2A in 8-5 win over SSM

QMJHL

Sprong, Daniel RW Charlottetown 2G 0A in 7-4 loss to Moncton

Yan, Dennis RW Shawinigan 1G 0A

Beauvillier, Anthony C Shawinigan 1G 1A

Shawinigan losses 5-3 vs Quebec

Roy, Nicolas RW Chicoutimi 1G 1A

Meloche, Nicolas D Baie-Comeau 1G 0A

Baie-Comeau defeats Chicoutimi 7-5

WHL

Provorov, Ivan D Brandon 1G 2A in 5-4 OT win over Lethbridge

Musil, Adam C Red Deer 1G 0A in 7-3 over the Rienhartless Kootenay Ice

Liiga

Saarela, Aleksi C Assat 1G 0A in 3-2 shoot-out loss to Lukko

NLB

Siegenthaler, Jonas D GCK Lions 1G 0A in 3-2 OT win over Ajoie

NCAA

Eichel, Jack C Boston University 1G 1A in 4-1 win over Providence

SuperElit

Forsberg, Fredrik RW Leksands 1G 0A in 6-1 win over Skelleftea

USHL

Novak, Thomas C Waterloo 0G 2A

Boeser, Brock C Waterlood 3G 1A

Waterloo defeats Lincoln 6-4

New Page through Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center 2015

http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2015

EHLERS!!

Good thing the Mooseheads won the Memorial Cup in 2013, cus they are in serious danger at this point (still early) of missing the playoffs in a league where the top 16, of friggin' 18, teams make the playoffs. They have lost just about all of their key players from that 2013 team. They have drafted well, but it takes time.

I think both McDavid and Eichel have stepped up their games a ton this year. Both look to be incredible players. I think McDavid is still in a bit higher class, but I wouldn't be shocked if Eichel ended up being better.

I have always thought the Crosby comparisons to McDavid were unfair, as I thought crosby was a different class, but McDavid is proving me wrong this year.

With the changes announced to the draft lottery set up can the maximum a team drop still one position as a result of the lottery?

I have forgotten ... if the Sabres finish atop the CHL and lose the lottery, are they still assured of drafting in the 2 spot ... like last year?

That is correct. However next years draft going forward you can fall three spots. Therefore the team who finishes last could pick fourth. But that begins with the 2016 draft.

Prospect Recap Sat Nov 1st

OHL

Connor McDavid C Erie 1G 3A

Strome, Dylan C Erie 2G 0A

Erie defeats Ottawa 7-4

Crouse, Lawson LW Kingston 2G 0A in 6-2 win over Plymouth

Marner, Mitch C London 3G 0A in 4-3 win over Windsor

Speers, Blake C Sault Ste. Marie 1G 0A in 5-4 loss to Saginaw

QMJHL

Roy, Jérémy D Sherbrooke 1G 0A in 5-4 OT win over Baie-Comeau

Yan, Dennis RW Shawinigan 1G 0A

Beauvillier, Anthony C Shawinigan 1G 2A

Shawinigan defeats Rimouski 5-4 in OT

Zboril, Jakub D Saint John 1G 1A in 5-4 Shoot Out win over Cape Breton

WHL

Gabrielle, Jesse LW Brandon 1G 1A in 4-0 win over Medicine Hat

Bittner, Paul LW Portland 1G 0A in 3-2 win over Kelowna

Harkins, Jansen C Prince George 1G 0A in 4-1 win over Kamloops

SuperElit

Ahi, Filip LW HV71 1G 0A in 3-2 loss to Tingryds AIF

Forsberg, Fredrik RW Leksands 0G 2A in 3-1 win over Skelleftea

You almost wonder if going 1st overall is going to go to McDavid's head and Eichel ends up feeling snubbed and becomes a more impactful player. I'd like to see them going up against men with just as much skill, but either one's going to be special though.

You almost wonder if going 1st overall is going to go to McDavid's head and Eichel ends up feeling snubbed and becomes a more impactful player. I'd like to see them going up against men with just as much skill, but either one's going to be special though.

If Eichel ends up being better than McDavid it won't because McDavid got picked first...

EHLERS!!

Good thing the Mooseheads won the Memorial Cup in 2013, cus they are in serious danger at this point (still early) of missing the playoffs in a league where the top 16, of friggin' 18, teams make the playoffs. They have lost just about all of their key players from that 2013 team. They have drafted well, but it takes time.

This reminds me of how ugly those first round matchups have to be. What do they get, one first round matchup each year that isn't a sweep?

This reminds me of how ugly those first round matchups have to be. What do they get, one first round matchup each year that isn't a sweep?

Yep.

Sweeps in the first round are extremely common. Sweeps, or 5 game series, are common in the second round too. Semi-final and final series are usually pretty good and pretty even match ups.

Prospect Recap Sunday November 2nd

OHL

Marner, Mitch C London 3G 0A in 7-2 win over Sudbury

Zacha, Pavel C Sarnia 1G 0A

Korostelev, Nikita RW Sarnia 1G 0A

North Bay defeats Sarnia 8-5

Spencer, Matthew D Peterborough 1G 1A in 6-3 win over Barrie

QMJHL

Meier, Timo RW Halifax 1G 1A in 3-0 win over Charlottetown

WHL

Merkley, Nick C Kelowna 1G 1A in 5-3 win over Vancouver

SuperElit

Ahi, Filip LW HV 71 1G 1A in 4-3 win over Vaxjo

Forsberg, Fredrik RW Leksands in 5-4 loss to Lulea

Don't leave Mitch Marner out of the conversation, I have a feeling he is going to play himself into top 5 territory - now that he will be getting first line and PP minutes with the Knights (assuming Domi and Horvat make the NHL)

Look who is hot now - back to back hat tricks for Marner this weekend - a feat only done once by Patrick Kane in his 62 goal season with the Knights and never done by Corey Perry in his career there. I honestly believe he may end up being 3rd behind McDavid and Eichel.

In his last 3 games Marner has 7 Goals and 2 Assists - not quite McDavid pace but...

Edited by Crusader1969

Look who is hot now - back to back hat tricks for Marner this weekend - a feat only done once by Patrick Kane in his 62 goal season with the Knights and never done by Corey Perry in his career there. I honestly believe he may end up being 3rd behind McDavid and Eichel.

In his last 3 games Marner has 7 Goals and 2 Assists - not quite McDavid pace but...

Awesome. I really want someone to emerge as a strong option for us if we draft 4th overall.