2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Cal Peterson... should be an interesting prospect to watch.  

I think you're referring to this:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=757055&navid=nhl:topheads

tl;dr Cal Peterson just set the NCAA single game save record with 87 <<--- NOT A TYPO

Edit: Didn't look at the previous page, already discussed, my apologies.

Go Irish.

Edited by Vodka Bottle of Emotion

Yeah, he played the off wing trigger man on the first PP unit with McDavid and Strome. North Bay PK was pretty good and prevented good shots. Baptiste is a good skater with average size, could be a top nine guy in Buffalo. I think between him, Bailey and Fasching they should be one or two RWs on the big club in a few years.

Edited by French Collection

JT Compher potentially injured.  Took hard it along the boards, injury is shoulders/neck area. He skated off under his own power but has not returned to the game.  Kris Baker of sabres prospects is tweeting about it.  

That has to be the one worry about him. He takes a beating and seems to be injured quite a bit.

Kris Baker @SabresProspects

JT Compher gets his 12th of the year to give Michigan a 2-1 lead on Michigan St. end 2nd. Great shot high glove. Winner gets Minnesota.

He's been so much better lately. Was having a big down year but really came on when it mattered. Good to see.

Saw this highlight during BU game intermission. Impressive play from Compher.

Reinhart, the second overall pick in the 2014 draft, is expected to join AHL Rochester if his junior team is eliminated from the playoffs, reports the Olean Times Herald.
Spin: 
The WHL regular season is almost over, and after claiming a wild-card spot in the Eastern Conference, the underdog Kootenay Ice will face either the Calgary Hitmen or the Medicine Hat Tigers. Even with Reinhart, the Ice aren't considered a heavyweight team, so they're unlikely to go deep into the playoffs. If the Ice get eliminated early, Reinhart will be allowed to come over to the AHL and help the Amerks as they vie for a playoff spot. Reinhart saw nine games with the Sabres this year before being returned to the WHL.

From Rotoworld.

Would be very exciting to see him playing in the league he should have been in from day 1. 

Updated OP with a depth chart of the entire system

U24dBeW.png

Our strongest position is LW which is also our weakest prospect area as well.  C and RW look terrible, but at least we have reinhart, fasching, baptiste, bailey, larsson, grigorenko, and compher in the system.  McEichel sure would help...

Three years later and the team STILL has only one center.  Pretty amazing, innit?

(I know, Hodgson really is a center.)

Three years later and the team STILL has only one center.  Pretty amazing, innit?

And now I am depressed.

You could easily edit that to say 8 yrs later.   :wallbash:

Edited by weave

I feel pretty decent about a top three of Girgensons, Reinhart, and Larsson for next year though.  With hopefully another top pick at C on the way.

Why is a rookie above Gorges at LD?

I love Zadorov, but he isn't above Gorges on the depth chart.

It is more my opinion of how much i like/value the players instead of actual line placement lol.  In other words, who do you think the sabres value more or would be more willing to move this summer (gorges or zadorov).  For example, if they called up carrier I would probably place him above ellis even though ellis would be above him (if any of that makes sense).  For most players its the same thing, but gorges declined so much this year while zadorov is all upside, so I think zadorov goes above him going into next year

Switched it for you haha, makes that easier.  Anything else?

Edited by Vlad Dangerslakov

It is more my opinion of how much i like/value the players instead of actual line placement lol.  In other words, who do you think the sabres value more or would be more willing to move this summer (gorges or zadorov).  For example, if they called up carrier I would probably place him above ellis even though ellis would be above him (if any of that makes sense).  For most players its the same thing, but gorges declined so much this year while zadorov is all upside, so I think zadorov goes above him going into next year

:oops:

Sorry Vlad, (are you the infamous Impaler?)

I didn't realize that you set that up.  I thought you found it on the internets some place.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.