2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Team signed a fella named Brady Austin to an ELC.

From his write-up at Hockeys Future, he sounds like a big, strong, aggressive d-man who, if he can make it in the NHL, would play in that 5/6/7 range.

In addition, he's inspired me to pick a new arbitrary Canadian town as my Sabrespace hometown.

Petty sue he's Zadorov's D partner in London.

Team signed a fella named Brady Austin to an ELC.

From his write-up at Hockeys Future, he sounds like a big, strong, aggressive d-man who, if he can make it in the NHL, would play in that 5/6/7 range.

In addition, he's inspired me to pick a new arbitrary Canadian town as my Sabrespace hometown.

Wait, what? You're not Canadian? Spank my ass and call me Nancy.

Also: great job Numark! I remember when I was ambitious and contributed things of value. It really does take serious time to create content like that.

I love our depth on defense, but in reality if you look at the playoffs, most of he defenseman are in their mid to late twenties, so what does that say about how many years away we are from competing? Unless these players are trade bait, we have a long wait ahead of us

Or you could look at it this way:

Doughty - 24

Subban - 25

McDonagh - 24

So outside of Chicago, three of the final four's top dmen are 25 and under.

Wait, what? You're not Canadian? Spank my ass and call me Nancy.

Ah, yes. I've claimed to hail from Medicine Hat, Moose Jaw, Ecum Sekum, and now Bobcaygeon. Maybe others. Just a bit of fun.

It so happens that the internet is full of people who misrepresent who they are, where they're from, what they look like, and so on. Why, we even have a prominent member or two around these parts who engage in such tomfoolery. I'm just winking at that foolishness a bit with my virtual hometowns/current cities.

I'll be on the lookout for a successor to Bobcaygeon. I won't soon part with it, though - The Hip have a song by that name that is just the bees knees.

Ah, yes. I've claimed to hail from Medicine Hat, Moose Jaw, Ecum Sekum, and now Bobcaygeon. Maybe others. Just a bit of fun.

It so happens that the internet is full of people who misrepresent who they are, where they're from, what they look like, and so on. Why, we even have a prominent member or two around these parts who engage in such tomfoolery. I'm just winking at that foolishness a bit with my virtual hometowns/current cities.

I'll be on the lookout for a successor to Bobcaygeon. I won't soon part with it, though - The Hip have a song by that name that is just the bees knees.

I've got a few Canadian place names for you that you might consider

Blow me down

Yankeetown

Ochiichagwebabigoining

Punkeydoodles Corner

Skookumchuck

Stoner

St. Louis du ha ha

######( Sexxtoy that starts with a D )

Spread Eagle

I especially like ###### :blink: (Sexxtoy that starts with a D) , spread eagle and blow me down not necessarily in that order.

I wonder if they will censor dill pickle ? Well it appears not.

Edited by bunomatic

I've got a few Canadian place names for you that you might consider

many thanks. our neighbor (neighbour) to the north (if in buffalo, also the west) is filled with wonderful municipal names. i'll try to file some of those away the next time the spirit moves me.

Wait. Are you telling me that Wilbur isn't actually a squirrel chasing dog? You've just ruined my entire world. :censored:

With Austin signing I count 33 contracts, and 11 RFA's still unsigned.

That's a projected 44 with 6 to spare under 50 not counting UFA's.

(probably Ville gets bought out, and a handful of RFA's go un-tendered. But Murray's got a let some people in the system go.)

Do we have any other than Zadorov and Ullmark who don't count against the limit since they'll (most likely) be in juniors and Sweden? That is how it works right, they only count the guys actually in the NHL/AHL/ECHL?

Do we have any other than Zadorov and Ullmark who don't count against the limit since they'll (most likely) be in juniors and Sweden? That is how it works right, they only count the guys actually in the NHL/AHL/ECHL?

Juniors with less than 11 NHL games don't count. Not sure off the top of my head how the Euro leagues work for that.

I think they count against the 90 player reserve but not the 50.

Petty sue he's Zadorov's D partner in London.

there's nothing small-minded or litigious about your point at all. :P

i looked it up, and it looks like you're right. perhaps getting austin into the system is as much about helping zadorov as it is about anything else?

http://www.sabrespro...morial-cup.html

Edited by That Aud Smell

Juniors with less than 11 NHL games don't count. Not sure off the top of my head how the Euro leagues work for that.

I think they count against the 90 player reserve but not the 50.

I was going to suggest Austin sticks in London as an over-aged player, but apparently he's a year older than I originally thought. I wonder if we might have other candidates for this option. Maybe I'm imagining things but I feel like this has happened before.

Or you could look at it this way:

Doughty - 24

Subban - 25

McDonagh - 24

So outside of Chicago, three of the final four's top dmen are 25 and under.

Think Moe-ray-all might be regretting that Gomez trade right about now?What a beast of a pairing McDonagh and PK would have been.

Think Moe-ray-all might be regretting that Gomez trade right about now?What a beast of a pairing McDonagh and PK would have been.

McDonagh and Pacioretty in the 1st round.

Subban in the 2nd.

Gainey absolutely nailed the draft that year (2007).

Ahh yes...high up there in my porch sittin, craft beer sippin, cigar smoking playlist..

coulda been the Willie Nelson

coulda been the wine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6QDjDPRF5c

Several Buffalo Sabres prospects enjoyed productive postseasons

The parent club was in shambles for much of the 2013-14 season, but the plight of the Buffalo Sabres did not adversely affect the development of their deep pool of prospects. Though the Rochester Americans felt the effects of Buffalo's roster shuffle throughout the season, the organization's prospects at the junior and amateur levels performed well, with the majority of them qualifying for the playoffs in their respective leagues.

This is a good sign for the re-building franchise, who would like to get their prospects as much playing time as possible to further their development.

Ok, there are always exceptions to the rule, but I think the new 'rule' the Sabres are apparently employing is going to be the key to their succes, much the way Detroit has done things over the years: Prospects stay in the Juniors/Minors for a few YEARS before they are up with the big club.

It doesn't matter if someone is good enough to be your 4th D-man at 19, keep him developing in the minors. If you bring him up now..maybe he'll be your 4th D-man now..but he will always be your 4th D-man. Keep him in the minors and have in play in all situations (which he may not do as the #4 guy on the big club) and have him spend more time LEARNING to make his game better in practice rather than game-planning the other team...and then when you do call him up he might be good enough to be the #2 guy, not a life-long #4 guy.

There are a lot of fans in Buffalo who see a guy in the minors doing well and want to bring them up right away because they "are better than the older guys", but what they don't get is they might be a LOT better than the older guys if you give them a little more time.

Whoever the Sabres draft #2 overall this year....MAYBE the best thing for them is to not be a permanent member of the Sabres until the 2016-2017 season. 2 more years in Junior (with 2 Sabres training camps and development camps) or 1 year in Junior and 1 year in the AHL may make for the best long-term player.

Edited by mjd1001

Whoever the Sabres draft #2 overall this year....MAYBE the best thing for them is to not be a permanent member of the Sabres until the 2016-2017 season. 2 more years in Junior (with 2 Sabres training camps and development camps) or 1 year in Junior and 1 year in the AHL may make for the best long-term player.

This but I don't think most fans can deal with this. I told people before this was going to take 3-5 years leaning more towards 5.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.