World Cup 2014

Sabres Fan in NS

I know Robben isn't the most popular player given his theatrics, but in all the games I've watched, I haven't seen anyone pressure the defensive zone consistently like he does. Seems to constantly be in attack mode and always seems to make the defender expend a lot of energy. Now I know jack about "futbol", but to my untrained eye, he's been the best player in the tourney.

And I agree entirely with the idea of sudden death vs. penalty kicks. Let the game decide the outcome, not a skills competition. BTW, saw a 'Sports Science' feature about goalies and penalty kicks. Seems that is actually harder than hitting major league pitching and is the new hardest thing to do in sports.

And get rid of the offside rule.

Robben is definitely one of the most dangerous attacking players in the world (Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, maybe a few others). And, he never stops running. A freakish athlete. His work rate is ridiculous.

That said, the constant diving has made him public enemy number 1 for a lot of fans. I guess you take the good with the bad.

BTW - rumor has Seattle Sounders' DeAndre Yedlin transferring to Roma. He impressed a lot of people at the World Cup.

Edited by Potato

Not a bad idea at all. Or do it hockey style and have the guy dribble in from the circle (with the goalkeeper free to move). Possibly require the shooter to shoot by a certain point on the field.

That's how my step brother and I used to do soccer shootouts, and it was fun as hell.

The only rule change I would make to soccer is to have the refs give out yellow cards for diving. Liberally, at first.

That's how my step brother and I used to do soccer shootouts, and it was fun as hell.

The only rule change I would make to soccer is to have the refs give out yellow cards for diving. Liberally, at first.

They already should , its in the rules even.

Not a bad idea at all. Or do it hockey style and have the guy dribble in from the circle (with the goalkeeper free to move). Possibly require the shooter to shoot by a certain point on the field.

Yeah, they should just switch to how its done in indoor soccer, its pretty much the same as a hockey penalty shot. The shooter starts a bit further back than the normal soccer penalty kick dot and can dribble the ball, the goalkeeper is allowed to come off the line and challenge the shooter.

Guest Sloth

That was quick. Great finish on the corner. Let's go Germany. Knock Brazil out.

Edited by thanes16

Guest Sloth

3??!!!???!!! Holy smokes!!! Talk about a complete butt kicking'.

As soon as I make a post, Germany scores again. 4 now. Just wow. Can't imagine what Brazilians are feeling right now.

Edited by thanes16

Guest Sloth

3 goals in 3 minutes.

4 goals in 25 minutes

wow.

Make it a 5th in less than 4 minutes. Have never seen Brazil get embarrassed like this. Completely shell shocked.

Edited by thanes16

This HAS to be a FIX.....right?

In Brazil.....Brazil 2-1 favorites....over/under 3 at best.....

The D backed off on those last 2 goals and just let it happen. This feels so weird.......

They're missing their best defenceman and forward. Plus they haven't looked great this tournament

Edited by ThirtyEight

Their missing their best defenceman and forward. Plus they haven't looked great this tournament

They just said there hasn't been 5 goals in a half since 1974....there were 5 goals in 25 minutes....in a semi-final game.

It looked like a fix to me. Brazilian bookies were probably taking 20x the money on Brazil. They stood there on the last 2 goals.

Wow!

I never expected this.

I believed to watch a movie in the first half.

This was a legendary victory. I hope we will be able to win the final.

Was hoping for a european team to win, still rooting for the netherlands though, 0/3 in the final, they deserve to win it all the 4th time.