World Cup 2014

Sabres Fan in NS

So if Ghana and Portugal tie we are in right? I don't see us beating Germany and even a tie will be tough. Crap

And Bradley once again with less than stellar play today though he was more noticeable than the first game. But he also missed an easy finish that 9 times out of 10 would be a goal, and had a brutal giveaway that led to the last goal. I expected better of him

So if Ghana and Portugal tie we are in right? I don't see us beating Germany and even a tie will be tough. Crap

And Bradley once again with less than stellar play today though he was more noticeable than the first game. But he also missed an easy finish that 9 times out of 10 would be a goal, and had a brutal giveaway that led to the last goal. I expected better of him

That Bradley giveaway was atrocious. :censored: Gotta give Ronaldo credit for the sweet clutch pass that set up the deadlocking goal.

BqxdH-iCcAEln7N.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Is this the only way we get in? (Excluding us beating Germany)

No if we tie Germany we are automatically in. Same with Germany so we really should shake hands and both play to a 0-0 tie :).

But we could also lose and still get in by beating Ghana/Portugal in a tiebreaker (goal differential). We should root for a tie in that game but if someone has to win then root for Portugal because their goal differential is -4 vs -1 for Ghana

Not a great game for Cameron or Bradley, but the end result isn't terrible in the grand scheme of things. We get in under a lot of different scenarios if we at least keep it close against Germany and the other game isn't a blowout.

BTW - if USA and Germany are tied late in the match, both teams have a clear incentive to play defensively and go for the tie.

Edited by Potato

Guest Sloth

Bites that the US/Germany game is being played at the same time as the Portugal/Ghana game. Would've been great to know exactly what the US has to do to advance. But yeah, I'm pulling for a Portugal/Ghana tie. If that happens, the US could get pounded and it wouldn't matter.

Edited by thanes16