World Cup 2014

Sabres Fan in NS

Right. He is a forward, but a distributor and not a true striker. Distribution was a big problem last night.

Absolutely, since I didn't quote a previous post, I should clarify why I was making the statement.

I would have put him on the roster, but there is no connection between his absence and Altidore's injury.

Absolutely, since I didn't quote a previous post, I should clarify why I was making the statement.

I would have put him on the roster, but there is no connection between his absence and Altidore's injury.

He would've been the replacement for Altidore in the game, no? or at least at some point, rather than Aron Johanson (sp?).

He would've been the replacement for Altidore in the game, no? or at least at some point, rather than Aron Johanson (sp?).

That is likely what would have happened, but then you would have had Donovan supporting Dempsey rather than Dempsey supporting Altidore. Dempsey would have become more of a striker. Not a bad problem to have.

Guest Sloth

What a game between Mexico and Brazil. Mexico's goal keeper is having a memorable game. A lot of excitement to finish.

Edited by thanes16

What a game between Mexico and Brazil. Mexico's goal keeper is having a memorable game. A lot of excitement to finish.

This is an excellent game. It's a great example of how a 0-0 tie can be exciting.

Guest Sloth

This is an excellent game. It's a great example of how a 0-0 tie can be exciting.

Too bad many in the U.S. don't find low scoring games/sports exciting. They just don't know what they're missing out on.

Edited by thanes16

I find it interesting that two of the US subs yesterday were involved in the GWG. Good instincts/coaching or pure luck?

Discuss

Edited by wjag

was at work during game but was able to catch large portions of it thanks to some nice live stream.

Vertonghen made a bad faul in the box, so deserved penalty, didn't need to do that with ball meters away from them.

This put algeria into their favourite position, but we also played like ######, no depth passes at all during first half.

Me and my colleagues were begging for fellaini and mertens, lukaku being taken off for origi was a bit surprising, but logical seeing passing game isn't his best quality.

a midfield of hazard, witsel, dembele and chadli means alot of people that like to run with the ball and distribute 5 yard passes. Fellaini and mertens changed the dynamic luckily.

That being said, Fellaini will have a hell of world cup, he came in and played liked a beast, same goes for mertens. just happy to get the 3 points in the end.

It is a crowded market for such things.....I don't know. Fun idea though.

That would be awesome, I watched a lot of cricket when I was in Australia and got in to it... Looks like a blast to play and some of the variations could even catch on TV here

stop crying please, he is to old :P

this line is thrown out there tons, and I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, so this isn't directed at you, but he's only 1 year older than Dempsey, and he's actually 1 or 2 years younger than Howard, and I believe someone else on the roster was still older. It's a lame excuse lol. /rant

Anyways - that Brazil-Mexico game was nuts! made sure to catch the ESPN Sportscenter highlights of it even after watching a good portion of the game.

Can't believe the Russian goalie almost cost them their game either!

This tournament has been crazy so far!!